Guitar Player's Thread

seems like I pissed a lot of people off with my opinion :lol:

Anyway.. It's mostly the vocals.. there's some cool guitarstuff and melodies and then there's the "singing" with blastbeats and it just stops making sense. Why does he even sing, no one knows what he's saying anyway :p

Just not my style of music and Im wondering why they're suddanly so pupulair, cuz it's not THAT awesome.

Well for a start they are completely unique imo. I've never heard a band that plays like Necrofudgist do.

I think we should all listen to Roope's solo on the Sinergy song, Passage to the Fourth World. It's just shred shred shred but dayam, it sounds fuckin' sweeeeet.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/noafua

Keep in mind that he's picking all of that. :worship:

(New sig too)

I usually don't like that kind of aggressive tone, i prefer the more rounded one. But roope's tone in sinergy is just awesome, and so is his playing.

I know opinion is an opinion, but fuck.o_O

I'd kill to see Diminished to b, it being my favourite song on the album.

I love Roope's playing in Sinergy, I feel as if hes one of the most underated guitarists.

Agreed!

seems like I pissed a lot of people off with my opinion :lol:

Anyway.. It's mostly the vocals.. there's some cool guitarstuff and melodies and then there's the "singing" with blastbeats and it just stops making sense. Why does he even sing, no one knows what he's saying anyway :p

Just not my style of music and Im wondering why they're suddanly so pupulair, cuz it's not THAT awesome.

I didn't use to like blastbeats either, but they just sound so clean and they fit so well into necrophagist, for example the part were the blastbeats start a little bit "off" at 00:16 in stabwound.

I got the stuff i ordered from the necrophagist shop btw! I just have to go pick them up.

i agree ive got a behemoth cd and the music is super good but the drums are always blast beat so it makes it sound the same

Well that's wrong for a start, Inferno is a brilliant drummer that used many different styles in each song, stop being such a tard. Go headbut a wall.

Meh, apart from the complete lack of muting, I don't see what was so bad about it.

And may I add, again:

"Terrible vibrato, bends, "shredding" and just overall control imo"

K, I just ordered:

Sinergy - To Hell and Back
Necrophagist - Epitaph
Racer X - Street Lethal
Racer X - Second Heat
Arsis - United in Regret

And it only came to £37.21. That's cheap for 5 CD's!!

And I think the Technical Difficulties solo would be a great backing track for a forum jam.

That was one of the better versions, yeah. Can't really hear how accurate any of it is except the solo but it sounded ok.

I think I'm going to stop coming on the computer so much after I backup my hard drive and reformat because I can't play guitar to save my life. I haven't actually PRACTISED in over 2 months. :erk: