Guitar Player's Thread

So harsh on the youtuber. I know it wasn't perfect but I thought it was a pretty decent attempt.

@Epi , thats really nice material, I may have a go at learning it sometime - I haven't practised my sweeping in a while.

So harsh on the youtuber. I know it wasn't perfect but I thought it was a pretty decent attempt.

Yeah well I'm a perfectionist. I can't stand people with terrible bends and vibrato so it's not really my fault. I prefer to listen to stuff played well. 90% of these youtube kids just can't.

Okay, here's some pics of the Xiphos for some of the fans here. It was bought buy some guy on another forum.

4qxxg6o.jpg

504x7pu.jpg

5zh5nid.jpg

4otlu9g.jpg

66dyozm.jpg

*drools* Although the Edge III isn't that bad. Replace it with a good Floyd Rose or an OFR for you rich people, and the Xiphos would be even hawter.

I'm not particulary fond of the colour, knobs or pickup switch, but since the body and headstock are secks it looks pretty awesome.

Yeah, a regular Ibanez five-way switch would have looked a lot classier.

I just want to see a picture of the other colour, the blue chameleon thing now. because I still havn't seen that yet.

I would prefer black, too bad it's not for sale

02-8.jpg

For those who haven't seen muhammed with long hair :D

necro1996ud4.jpg

Well for a start it has EMGs not Dimarzios and I think his would be custom shop... and shit, Muhammad looks so much cooler with the long hair, weirder but cooler.

Edit: Is it just me or does his xiphos have BC Rich on the headstock..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno really, probably read it somewhere. That's pretty much the shape he told Ibanez to make the xiphos look like, so that's why it looks the same.

yep. that's his bc rich. i guess the guy just really loves the X shape
muhammed-bcrich3.jpg

i'm going back to sam ash on thursday and ordering my Xyphos cuz i checked today and they don't have it in their store and they're not gonna get it. but i can't decide which color to get...i'm not a big fan of either the blue or the red really, but color doesn't matter that much compared to the specs.