Guitar Player's Thread

Anyone want a used set of DR strings, 11-50? I put them on my RR but I can't adjust the springs for the increased tension because they won't screw into the body wood any further. I have already snapped two drill bits and got them stuck inside so I will not be trying again. The action has risen and made it hard to play, so I'm swapping over for some 10's. If anyone wants them, let me know. They don't have the balls on the end, so they'll need to be installed on a FR style trem.

You dirty faggot

Thats like all those fat basement dwellers who never wash and claim they "turn natural" and "never stink".
It's all in your mind bro. There's a massive difference in both feel and tone, any developed ear can hear that.

It feels the same because you suck.

Seriously.

I used to change them up monthly, but seeing as I'll pick the thing up and play 10-20 minutes every other day or so, I'm not going to bother.

I try to change mine around one time a month on my main guitars (not on floyds), its a quitre drastic sound and feeling change.
You simply CANT play fast with old strings, theyll just flop around and suck ass.

And I dont play fast, I do suck :p

Sick dude! Madison amps are win, when i played with Into Eternity a few years ago Tim Roth was using them they sounded heavy as balls. I dont remember which model he used but he said it was based off a mesa recto.

And its just my opinion but I'd advise you to stay away from BBE sonic maximizers, they really aren't all they were hyped up to be a few years ago and they will just make your amp sound shrill and harsh. I bought one a few years ago with everyone on forums raving about them and it turned my mesa recto I had at the time into a big POS. I would suggest at least bringing your head into a guitar store first and trying it out with the BBE to see if its what you want.

Ok i'll be honest, no idea about the cab. Mesa 4x12? Anyone got an idea for a cab that works well with both clean sound, crushing rythm, and both dry and wet leads?

Yes sir Mesa standard 4x12 with V30s. It is pretty much the best sounding cab for metal I've heard. I have a 2x12 and its super solid.

Speaking of Axe-FX made me re-watch this guys vids
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKTojs_gaw&feature=channel[/ame]

I want that guitar so bad too, I think its like a Mick Thompson signature or something, idk looks sexy

Yeah that dude's band is teh huvvys.

And yeah Omar, while I'm not a huge slipknot fan (Though 9 years ago I would tell you otherwise lmao...:erk:) I'm looking for a mid-priced and solid tour-worthy Ibanez to get. 24 frets and a trem would be nice but probably wont be for another month or so, I return back to my hometown and back to my regular jobs next week so need some time to make some duckets

Thinking of trying to find one of these on ebay, as they just got discontinued
EG02664.jpg

I have the same model in red but I got it used and its all sorts of messed up, plus I mutilated the fretboard :lol:

Or a white Xiphos is my other choice

Yeah that dude's band is teh huvvys.

And yeah Omar, while I'm not a huge slipknot fan (Though 9 years ago I would tell you otherwise lmao...:erk:) I'm looking for a mid-priced and solid tour-worthy Ibanez to get. 24 frets and a trem would be nice but probably wont be for another month or so, I return back to my hometown and back to my regular jobs next week so need some time to make some duckets

Thinking of trying to find one of these on ebay, as they just got discontinued
EG02664.jpg

I have the same model in red but I got it used and its all sorts of messed up, plus I mutilated the fretboard :lol:

Or a white Xiphos is my other choice

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71822

At the moment it seems as if they've been discontinued but some UK stores still stock them, so you may have trouble finding one if you do at all :( I've played one, the Duncan shreds (duh :D) and the tremolo is an Edge Zero as opposed to an Edge III, which is nice.

God knows how many times I've linked gear hunters to that guitar on here :lol:

Sick dude! Madison amps are win, when i played with Into Eternity a few years ago Tim Roth was using them they sounded heavy as balls. I dont remember which model he used but he said it was based off a mesa recto.

And its just my opinion but I'd advise you to stay away from BBE sonic maximizers, they really aren't all they were hyped up to be a few years ago and they will just make your amp sound shrill and harsh. I bought one a few years ago with everyone on forums raving about them and it turned my mesa recto I had at the time into a big POS. I would suggest at least bringing your head into a guitar store first and trying it out with the BBE to see if its what you want.

Yeah Madison amps are really good im pretty sure that this is the one that's based of a mesa recto. And about the BBE sonic maximizer i have played them through many amps but never my own. So far i've been satisfied with the results although it takes many hours to find a setting that sounds good. I will try to post some videos of the Madison amp once i get my esp back from the studio or hopefully some people will take videos of my bands show this saturday.

Anyone want a used set of DR strings, 11-50? I put them on my RR but I can't adjust the springs for the increased tension because they won't screw into the body wood any further. I have already snapped two drill bits and got them stuck inside so I will not be trying again. The action has risen and made it hard to play, so I'm swapping over for some 10's. If anyone wants them, let me know. They don't have the balls on the end, so they'll need to be installed on a FR style trem.

I too had this problem when I went up to .11-.56.

I had to add in a fourth spring to make up for the added string tension. I must say I really like the .11's, even more so than the .10's I have been using for 5+ years now. Can get a lot more string tension, which for me equals more efficient playing.

Like this:

|-------|
|-------|
| |
|-------|
|-------|

I could give that a try...I'll see if I can find a cheap spring on Ebay and see if that makes it any easier to sort out the action. Cheers for the tip!

And I've got a mate selling an Ibanez RG7321 7 string and a Zoom 5052 for £150. Interested in trying a 7 out, so said I'd take it off him next month. Tune it down to Eb and rock out to some fackin' Nevermore! :kickass:

I could give that a try...I'll see if I can find a cheap spring on Ebay and see if that makes it any easier to sort out the action. Cheers for the tip!

And I've got a mate selling an Ibanez RG7321 7 string and a Zoom 5052 for £150. Interested in trying a 7 out, so said I'd take it off him next month. Tune it down to Eb and rock out to some fackin' Nevermore! :kickass:

7 strings ftw! Make a video of you covering Jato Unit please :D

I just tried a prs singlecut sunburst at guitar center and I have to say I was very pleased. Just looking at it I never thought that I would actually enjoy playing one as it seems very, very simple, but that is what I love about it. Very clean cut tone, like biting. The neck felt incredible too and not to mention it's pretty inexpensive. I might have to get this very soon.
http://www.prsguitars.com/sesinglecut/index.html

Possible future setup, what think?

here go:

Ultra.jpg

through

velo100.jpg

into

Ok i'll be honest, no idea about the cab. Mesa 4x12? Anyone got an idea for a cab that works well with both clean sound, crushing rythm, and both dry and wet leads?

what exactly is the axe fx unit?

what exactly is the axe fx unit?

Best amp modeling unit period. Not just for metal, excels at everything really. More amp/cab/stomp/effect models then you can imagine, customized in any way you want.

Very very powerful, pretty much a computer in itself. But very expensive.

Some vids for you!

The Mad Professor Himself:

Creepiest looking guitarist on youtube:

This guy gives a good basic overview of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

No problem.

Hopefully it will help you out.

Once you get it in and everything let me know what you think. I don't know too many people who use the 4 spring method so I am curious as to what others think of it.

Has anyone of you ever heard about a "band" called ProtoShredanoid ?
A friend of mine recently showed me one of their songs on guitar hero, the guitar hero on tour modern hits theme.
The actual song is called S.U.P.R.A.H.U.M.A.N, I think:

They wrote a few other songs and have like 2 albums which can only be downloaded as a mp3 album: Spurious Emission 1,2.
The guitar work in there is really amazing.

I can hardly find any information at all about this band (not even talking about tabs here^^) so, has anyone ever heard about them? I'd be curious.

regards

Last edited by a moderator: