Guitar Player's Thread

7 strings ftw! Make a video of you covering Jato Unit please :D

I will actually attempt to give that main melody a go! The sweeps use the 7th string, so I'll try that but there are parts that will kick my ass! :lol:

No problem.

Hopefully it will help you out.

Once you get it in and everything let me know what you think. I don't know too many people who use the 4 spring method so I am curious as to what others think of it.

I realised after I ordered it that I could have just taken one from my cheapo strat copy...d'oh! I'll try it later.

I will actually attempt to give that main melody a go! The sweeps use the 7th string, so I'll try that but there are parts that will kick my ass! :lol:

I realised after I ordered it that I could have just taken one from my cheapo strat copy...d'oh! I'll try it later.

Hey if you need any Nevermore tab or Loomis licks let me know.

I got his Guitarworld thing he did, which is bad ass BTW, so i can always scan it and post it.

I know it does have some Jato Unit stuff in it, just not whole songs.

Oh man, I was thinking of that other one!! I know one part of Jato Unit...Miles Of Machines is the one with the 7 string sweeps, d'oh!

And yeah, a scan would be awesome! I'd love to see. :D

Ah man, this extra spring has transformed this guitar! :D Really appreciate the suggestion dude, thanks!!

Glad I could help someone on this forum.

I see so many others, such as yourself, who really try to contribute quality info on this forum, so glad I could make a contribution, be it a small one.

I just love mine w/ 4 springs. I mean at first it feels almost a little too stiff with the whammy bar, but once you get used to it, it is great.

Oh man, I was thinking of that other one!! I know one part of Jato Unit...Miles Of Machines is the one with the 7 string sweeps, d'oh!

Jato Unit is an insanely awesome song.
Its really way beyond anything they ever did imo.
I also love the "rocky" kind of solo approach, im kinda tired of guys wanking the diminished arpeggio over and over again, so Loomis is a very good example of how to solo properly without loosing the kind of "classical" sound.

Id just say you should check out some Nile, theyre intense, but I think theyre not really your style :D

Id just say you should check out some Nile, theyre intense, but I think theyre not really your style :D
I would really like to see "Unas, Slayer of the Gods" and "Lashed to the Slave Stick" played by Mitch. But I also think that they aren't his style.

I have the album Annihilation of The Wicked...I love Lashed To The Slave Stick, I learnt it 5 years ago and did a mini recording...if I find it I'll upload it for teh lulz!! :lol: And Cast Down The Heretic and Sacrifice Unto Sebek is fucking incredible!! I can't listen to too much Nile but they're good.

If you want some stuff scanned from me, hit me up. I also got the Jeff Loomis DVD and tab book from Guitar World.

I learned Sacrifice unto Sebek a while ago, doing a cover of that or anything from AOTW together would be so awesome (I could support bass and good drums, and I can play about anything from them on guitar).
Nile is just awesome.

Oh yeah, your recording is quite cool, pretty tight I have to say.
I dont like the tone, but thats obvious I think.

at the moment my guitars tuned to E standard (EBGDAE) but i want to change it to one step down (DAFCGD).
what strings should i use for them and what gauge/thickness?
im gonna get it done at a local music shop and ill also ask them how they do it just so next time i want to muck around with the tuning, ill do it myself.

and i just cleaned my alexi 600 using cottonbuds, it looks spotless :D it took me about an hour. feel proud. haha.

1. Buy several gauges/brands of strings, preferably between 11-52 or 10-52 if you want firmer, 10-46 if you want a pretty light touch, etc.
2. Test them on a hardtail guitar, assuming you didn't sell yours to get your Alexi which would be a monument to stupidity.
3. Choose YOUR PREFERENCE.
4. Congratulations, you've done something all by yourself. You're a big boy now!

wow just got home from playing my show went fucking amazing the place was packed beyond its capacity although the venue we played at is a dump and sound is crap. The good thing that came out of this is that we got booked to open up for the biggest local band that plays our style of music so i'm pretty pumped to play with them because they are also one of my favorite bands and its going to be exposure for my band... anyways just thought i'd share that with you guys :p

at the moment my guitars tuned to E standard (EBGDAE) but i want to change it to one step down (DAFCGD).
what strings should i use for them and what gauge/thickness?
im gonna get it done at a local music shop and ill also ask them how they do it just so next time i want to muck around with the tuning, ill do it myself.

and i just cleaned my alexi 600 using cottonbuds, it looks spotless :D it took me about an hour. feel proud. haha.

How should we know without you telling us your scale :erk:
Why the fuck would you have your guitar tuned a a music shop ?

Just tune the guitar down already ... it will most certainly even work with your strings you have on right now (better if you have a 25.5 scale).
If youre done with that and you wanna be really cool you may even adjust the intonation by using a screwdriver and just turning the fucking screws and looking what happens.
If youre not into this or your strings are old just put up something around 52 or so. Adjusting the intonation is also a "nice to have", when you change so little its NOT important.
You could also change the action yourself, just try it out, or read it on the internet.
The only thing you could even think about would be taking the guitar to someone for the trussrod adjustments, that may be confusing and dangerous if youre a retard.

Glad I could help.

I learned Sacrifice unto Sebek a while ago, doing a cover of that or anything from AOTW together would be so awesome (I could support bass and good drums, and I can play about anything from them on guitar).
Nile is just awesome.

Oh yeah, your recording is quite cool, pretty tight I have to say.
I dont like the tone, but thats obvious I think.

Yeah the tone isn't great. I didn't use my PX4 for that, I mic'd up my mate's Line 6 Spider amp (sounds shit in person too!) with a crappy mic with loads of room noise! :p

I think I tabbed the intro to SUS but I never learnt the whole thing but it's such a good song, even now.