Guitar Player's Thread

both my guitars (the gio and the xiphos) and my yamaha bass. didn't take my pod tho, and at least that's sitting by me right here.

Omar, I had been planning to come to Norway for 2 years now :p To get away from the douches in LA is a major part of it yeah, but I also have some goals here I'd like to fulfill.

Oh shit!!! I didn't know about this, sorry to hear it!! :cry:

@killjoy: Smexy.
@Twisha: Good for you!

@Brent: That video's actually got a few bits wrong, but anyway that's probably my favourite solo section from the album, I can do all of Corey's solo, but only if I'm playing sloppy as fuck.
If anyone here can do the sweeps in Matt's solo I will worship them as a GOD

http://www.sendspace.com/file/chhf23 Solos tabbed by me, you'll see they're pretty much bang on, show me cobot, even those of you that don't like Trivium!

Dude, NONE of your GP files ever work!! :lol: I'm interested in seeing this.

hey guys i was just wondering what pick up alexi used while recording the sinergy albums?
ive been comparing his recent guitar sound to his old guitar sound, his new one is so... burry/muddy? where as his old recordings are so clear and fluent.
so yea, please tell me what pick up he used while recording sinergy albums and the follow the reaper/hatebreeder albums!

There is a Gear Thread for questions like this in the On Topic you gay! :cool:

Recorded a part of Sylosis' Teras today. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9194964
Can't play the sweeps so I made something up.
Advice or anything welcome :)

Awesome! Good tone, but sounds a bit empty like it needs more mids or something, but the playing is spot on!

Mind uploading your BT???

If Mitch reads this. Sorry for the tab scanning delay, the tab book is at a friends house currently :lol: Not even kidding, I will get it back and set up the laptop with the drivers for scanner when I can. IF you still are interested!

Just some shameless promotion!

My band is soon entering studio hopefully, we got some real shit going on and a couple of gigs coming! We will film some with a Full HD camera so I can post some shit then!

can I put an active pickup or passive w booster in a guitar that has passive stock pus and no extra space for a battery or anything?

Put the battery in the electronic cavity. Yes you can, just change out the input and pots. Which usually comes with the pickups.

Please stop double posting as I finally removed you from the ignore list.

Put the battery in the electronic cavity. Yes you can, just change out the input and pots. Which usually comes with the pickups.

Please stop double posting as I finally removed you from the ignore list.

so just put them, no need of mods or hardware?
sorry

Not that I know. It's pretty simple actually! The pots do make a difference though!!!(note: Atleast before I think you couldn't even use EMG pots for Blackouts or vice versa)

No mods really needed, just follow instructions ;) It's basic soldering work and logical thinking.

Hardware: Well, If you want pickup rings and you should check which kinda pickup style fits best! Without or with pickupring etc etc etc.

... exactly what it sounds like :rofl:

But seriously, it means the pole pieces are spaced for a guitar with a floyd rose.

If you have a floyd rose get the f spaced, if not then don't. Pretty simple.

The poles on the pickup are spaced differently as AFAIK the spacing is wider between the strings on a floyd rose guitar. I have heard F-Spaced pickups are not a ABSOLUTE MUST for tremolo guitars but that you don't lose anything by getting one either.

EDIT: Enmity was faster. Le fu-!

Dude, NONE of your GP files ever work!! :lol: I'm interested in seeing this.

fffffuuuuu

Usually my .gps are files I've made in my free gp clone then exported to .gp (which never works), but this is a file that was actually made by someone else in .gp5 that I downloaded and edited. Idk how you'd be able to see it then.

Oh right haha. I'll try again soon, last time I tried, it make GP5 crash and repeat some french error message!

If Mitch reads this. Sorry for the tab scanning delay, the tab book is at a friends house currently :lol: Not even kidding, I will get it back and set up the laptop with the drivers for scanner when I can. IF you still are interested!

Just some shameless promotion!

My band is soon entering studio hopefully, we got some real shit going on and a couple of gigs coming! We will film some with a Full HD camera so I can post some shit then!

Cool dude, cheers! I don't think I'll be getting the 7 string, I'm putting the cash towards something else, but I'll still have a go on a 6 string!

And Epi, that tone is SICK. I don't know the original song, but it sounds professional imo!!

The poles on the pickup are spaced differently as AFAIK the spacing is wider between the strings on a floyd rose guitar. I have heard F-Spaced pickups are not a ABSOLUTE MUST for tremolo guitars but that you don't lose anything by getting one either.
so it applies for tremolo instead of only FR?
Oh right haha. I'll try again soon, last time I tried, it make GP5 crash and repeat some french error message!

that always happens to me! but has nothing to do with a particular tab I guess cuz its happened with many of my tabs :mad:.. sucks as fuck :ill:

edit: sorry didnt see this
... exactly what it sounds like :rofl:

But seriously, it means the pole pieces are spaced for a guitar with a floyd rose.

If you have a floyd rose get the f spaced, if not then don't. Pretty simple.

Hey guys, I need your advice on something.

I have a great opportunity to trade my ESP SV for a really awesome PRS Custom 22.

My only reservation, though, is that it has a Wide Fat neck. Which isn't as big as its name makes it sound, but it is pretty hefty. Noticeably so from the SV, whose neck has been my absolute favorite.

There's no reason you couldn't shred on both, so its not a matter of that. But I'm just worried that I'll end up regretting it if I never feel like I've adjusted to the fatter neck.