Guitar Player's Thread

If you're referring to use tape on the explorer, no. The connection has to be soldered on and I've already tried it, now the critical part of the wire has fallen off and it's buggered, have to send it to a luthier.

Haha :D

The input off my cheapass starter guitar broke one time during band practice.
We where at full volume and I was changing guitars, as I plugged in this rather hideous sound made us laugh so hard ... I was lifting the guitar up like "my input just decided to take a day off or two".
The thing had been pushed into the guitar cause I didnt take care of the screw that was loose :Smug:

I'm playing guitar at my cousin's wedding tomorrow, and my Explorer's input jack is broken. I've restrung my shitty starter's strat copy guitar and playing it to get used to the feel (it's insanely small, which isn't helped by my disproportional huge mongoloid hands) Only problem is that the damn thing won't stay in tune, keeps detuning.

How am fix plz help kthxbai

Sorry to see you never got any responses. I had no ideas. How did the wedding go?

Wedding was good, we (me+2 cousins) played Billie Jean and Beat it (by MJ ofc) and Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees :D
Most of Beat It got horribly fux0red because the goddamn prompter and backing track made us realise we were horribly off-time but the solo was awesome, if I do say so myself. :cool: The other two songs were great though, everyone said we were awesome (especially considering we only made the setlist a week ago and didn't practice together once seeing as we all live in separate cities) and much lulz were had.

:kickass:

glad to hear it went well; I have a JS kelly (love the shape) but the bridge fucking drives me insane and makes it really tough for me to play certain things, I can't play fast on it well at all. I can shred and stuff sure but when it comes down to fast and heavy rhythm picking I need a floyd rose style bridge or fixed at least. If they made a kelly that wasn't a USA $1,000+ and had a fixed bridge, EMG's and some sort of more interesting inlays I'd be all over that shit.

So I'm working on a song and I need some constructive criticism, or thoughts and opinions. I don't lay claim to being the best guitar player ever, but hopefully this sounds somewhat interesting. It's not done yet, but this is what I have so far.

I think the solo needs a little work.

Also, mind the bass lines. My bass player is into like super technical playing, so I had to try to keep it interesting for him as well as make it still fit musically.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QV9AKTRZ

K, enjoy :)

^ was pretty coll, would make more sense with drums though, what sort of vocals do you intend for it?
also slower tempo would fit..

I don't know how to tab drums yet, but I'm sure I can figure it out unless someone here wants to be cool like that and do it for me =/

Vocals wise, I'm not sure yet, I'm into middy style vocals, I'm not a big fan of lows usually. I like people like Stanne from DT, Jari maenpaa, Old school Anders from In Flames, the AA dude, Muhammed Suicmez, and James from Arsis. That's just me though. I just like vocalist who have a wide range instead of being stuck in one area and I think a few of those guys manage to do that. Just my opinion though.

Jesus christ, the bass! My bassist is a classically trained fingerstyle player so I like to keep it interesting for him, I thought the basstrack would be something like that but holy balls that was fucking crazy. Sounded really cool though, and it seems you've finally broken the 150bpm barrier for sweeping that you were stuck at?

Might try doing some drums for it :p

I've been able to do sweeps at up to 200bpm for a good bit fairly clean, it's just strict alternate picking runs that I have a hard time with past 150 unless I'm very familiar with the shape. I need to practice more Paul Gilbert style stuff I suppose.

And yeah, my bass player is like a fucking super saiyan of bass players :rofl:

Anyways, glad you enjoyed it :)

DRUMS=DONE

I made a little effect with the guitars, change it back if you like. Not 100% happy with drums but pretty damn manly for an approx. 20-25 minute job IMO. Oh, and I changed the guitar tracks to Distortion Guitar because I can't stand the way Overdrive sounds unless used for leads.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jqv41u

Sounded pretty good man, thank you :]

But yeah, I'm the exact same way about the distortion guitar :rofl: I hate the farty tone of it lol.

faggot filehosting site said:
Daily Download Limit

Sorry, you have reached your daily download limit.
Please try again tomorrow or acquire a premium membership.

havent downloaded anything from there today, I smell faggotry

I just exported the midi files and put randomly plugins on every channel, always having the psp vintage warmer at the end of the chain, drive at 100% :D
midi-metal with shitty sound :kickass: