Guitar Player's Thread

Well, if the sell price for the PRS Custom 22 is roughly as high as a new ESP SV, then i say go for it. If you end up not satisfied with the PRS, sell it, and buy a new SV or something. No?

Hey guys, I need your advice on something.

I have a great opportunity to trade my ESP SV for a really awesome PRS Custom 22.

My only reservation, though, is that it has a Wide Fat neck. Which isn't as big as its name makes it sound, but it is pretty hefty. Noticeably so from the SV, whose neck has been my absolute favorite.

There's no reason you couldn't shred on both, so its not a matter of that. But I'm just worried that I'll end up regretting it if I never feel like I've adjusted to the fatter neck.

Well, if the sell price for the PRS Custom 22 is roughly as high as a new ESP SV, then i say go for it. If you end up not satisfied with the PRS, sell it, and buy a new SV or something. No?

I agree with Muffin, it looks like in general the PRS Custom 22 is more expensive than the SV.

PRS: http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDMQrQQwAA

SV: http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQrQQwAA

So yeah, if you don't like the PRS you can sell it and buy another SV.

Thanks! And that's a very good point, I could always do that.

Here's the guitar in question, by the way.

Custom22-4copy.jpg

Oh shit!!! I didn't know about this, sorry to hear it!! :cry:

Yeah dude, it happened about 2 months ago. still breaks my heart knowing I don't have my xiphos anymore. and every time someone asks me, "what's gonna be your next guitar?" I don't even know what to say. Feels too soon to buy another guitar already, feels kinda wrong. But I know I'll have to move on sooner or later :(

Hey guys, I need your advice on something.

I have a great opportunity to trade my ESP SV for a really awesome PRS Custom 22.

My only reservation, though, is that it has a Wide Fat neck. Which isn't as big as its name makes it sound, but it is pretty hefty. Noticeably so from the SV, whose neck has been my absolute favorite.

There's no reason you couldn't shred on both, so its not a matter of that. But I'm just worried that I'll end up regretting it if I never feel like I've adjusted to the fatter neck.

If you're happy with the SV, then why even consider trading? I'd keep the SV.

If you love the PRS enough then go for it, as Swabs and Muffin said if it doesn't work out you can just sell it and get another SV.

Fanbois of who?

Is the SV a signature model now???

Exactly. Offset V's were popular long before Alexi so I don't get why everyone has to be so uptight about it. If it were like an actual Alexi signature with like COB or some shit wrote on it I would understand, but it's not the same.

But anyways, I'm not really a big fan of PRS at all. They seem really overpricey to me and I don't think they really sound as good for the money you're paying. They remind me of Gibson in that they run into the range of 5 thousand dollars sometimes when you could just as easily get something for 1400 just as nice if not better. Not that anything is wrong with Gibson, but you could get something more playable.

I appreciate the input from all you guys, and can see where both sides are coming from.

I've wanted a PRS years now (actually, since I first started playing guitar) so while I have no problems with my SV, it's something that's been in my mind for quite a while. And lately I've just been feeling the need for something different in a guitar. I don't think it'll magically make me a better player or that anything is wrong with the ESP, but my tastes have evolved and I'm hoping that this guitar will suit them better.

And it's hard to argue with the logic of being able to, if I really want to in the future, sell the PRS and get another SV. Or almost any non-custom guitar for that matter, considering what it's market/resale value is.

^^It's got his design. It's just a "standardized" more versatile version of his signature. duuuuh :lol:

Fucking think about it. What else is different than extra pickup and the inlays? :lol:

^^It's got his design. It's just a "standardized" more versatile version of his signature. duuuuh :lol:

Fucking think about it. What else is different than extra pickup and the inlays? :lol:

Yes, but weren't the SV's out before Alexi's sig models? I could be wrong, but I thought they were.

Which, if that's the case, the Alexi would be a dumbed down version of the SV, as it has minimal electronics.

I'm fairly positive the SV has been in production for longer than Alexi has been with ESP. That said, they are very similar.

In any case, I've decided that I'm going to do it. So with that in mind, does anyone have advice for trading a guitar online? I'm not expecting problems, but better safe than sorry. I'd hate for my inexperience to fuck me over and to lose a guitar I love so much and is worth a large amount money.

Yes, the SV shape was probably out before. Kai Hansen uses it? Don't know much about that. The stripes on the body are "scythes" and who would come up with that design? The SV is like a standard version of the signature.

Differences are very minor indeed. Electronics and inlays.

Nice! As said, the leads (and vox too imho) are too low, but the music rocks. Can't wait till you guys finally realease something! :kickass:

Just some shameless promotion!

My band is soon entering studio hopefully, we got some real shit going on and a couple of gigs coming! We will film some with a Full HD camera so I can post some shit then!

Yay! Looking forward dude!

I'm playing guitar at my cousin's wedding tomorrow, and my Explorer's input jack is broken. I've restrung my shitty starter's strat copy guitar and playing it to get used to the feel (it's insanely small, which isn't helped by my disproportional huge mongoloid hands) Only problem is that the damn thing won't stay in tune, keeps detuning.

How am fix plz help kthxbai

I'm playing guitar at my cousin's wedding tomorrow, and my Explorer's input jack is broken. I've restrung my shitty starter's strat copy guitar and playing it to get used to the feel (it's insanely small, which isn't helped by my disproportional huge mongoloid hands) Only problem is that the damn thing won't stay in tune, keeps detuning.

How am fix plz help kthxbai

ducttape.jpg