Guitar Player's Thread

I play both anchored and not depending on what I'm playing.

I also find anchoring my wrist to the bridge area and curling my fingers in helps with speed and less strain.

s

This!

I can do both, but when I do anchor it is not as hard of an anchor as I have seen most do. My pinky rest on the body of the geetar but there is really not that much pressure.

There was a time when I tried to pick exactly like Gilbert but then I realized he is an alien so I just modified the way he holds is hand to work for me. It feels like I have more strain on my hand when I try to keep my fingers curled in, so I just let them relax and it is way more comfortable.

do you know where can I find the PG songs Pablo Wablo and Scit Scat Wah like what album? , Thanks

I'm kind of weird with anchoring, sometimes I do it and sometimes not, regardless of the speed of what I'm playing. I generally pick open-handed though, apart from when my hand sometimes closes up when tremolo picking or playing harmonics.

I want Suiçmez' xiphos; 7 strings, 27 frets, necktru and trem:loco:

THIS

do you know where can I find the PG songs Pablo Wablo and Scit Scat Wah like what album? , Thanks

Pablo Wablo is a track a guitar magazine wrote in which Paul improvised a solo over, so it can only be found on YouTube or file sharing sites.

Scit Scat Wah was played by Racer X only live and the only official version is on Live Extreme Volume I.

:lol:

One of the more funny things you've ever posted :rofl:

But back to what I was talking about, I may give the Xiphos a try for myself. It doesn't seem to be a bad guitar really, but I guess a test run won't hurt.

Pablo Wablo is a track a guitar magazine wrote in which Paul improvised a solo over, so it can only be found on YouTube or file sharing sites.

Scit Scat Wah was played by Racer X only live and the only official version is on Live Extreme Volume I.

thank ya! :D

@ Zakk.That's kind of why I like the Xiphos though, it doesn't have an extremely distorted sound, or atleast not to my ear, it's fairly clean and clear, or for solos anyways. I don't like stuff that's overflowing with gain :/

I don't really have a preference on guitars based on their shape, I just go by tone. You obviously liked Alexis tone and decided to get his guitar, nothing wrong with that really.

I played a Xiphos and it played pretty good. Would love to get a 7 string 27 fretter just to learn some crazy Ron Jarzombek stuff.

I played a 7 string Xiphos at a music shop a few weeks ago. Stayed in that shop for 6 hours...so that should tell you something. It's built wonderfully.

And the Xiphos XPT700 feels like heaven btw. Failure of p00p srsly has no clue what he's talking about.

So I was going to record the whole solo section of This Godless Endeavor for youtube (including the diminished sweeps before the main solo) and I can play it 92% speed but anything higher I can hear myself starting to fall behind and blur notes :lol: I don't know how Jeff Loomis does it, he must get an adrenaline high when he is on stage. Fucking gay, I'm not going to record it if its not clean and I'm not slowing down the track 8% :p

I also figure out the riff to Termination Proclamation, and I ran it by Attila and he said it was correct! Fuck yeah :D

Speaking of new guitars, I am really itching for a schecter c7 stringthru. They go for so little on ebay, and I have the money, hmmmmmm.....

Oh, and congrats on your move to Norway, Twisha! :D I found out one of my uncles lives there and welcomes me to visit any time. I could have gone this year if I had my passport!

Xyphos looks like utter crap but plays good, but then again it sounds like crap (Dimazio active Pu's ... WTF!?).
Kinda wierd.
The 7 strings are better tough, but I dislike Ibanez for some odd reason.
I also hate how they make their guitars look shitty and you really feel its on purpose.
The ugly-ass finishes, the cheap and light fingerboard wood, no binding or proper inlays ... If I bought one I felt like I got screwed :D

/ Their bass section is kickass though.

Our last gig :lol:

Your Ground Fails (featuring: Moshpit)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zJS5IUNNEQ&feature=related[/ame]

Rage upon the loved (Featuring mini-wall of death)

(SIC) Cover with funny drunken screams from the audience

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWebHz9C9w&feature=related[/ame]

Overall the best gig we've done so far but by far the most sloppiest playing ever, tuning problems, cables popping....ssshhiiit! Boss TU-2 fucking me over because of the sun I mistook an A for a B and the G string was like a semitone out of tune :erk: We didn't have much time for soundcheck either so I had to kinda adjust throughout the gig.

Last edited by a moderator: