Guitar Player's Thread

I can't fathom how you didn't think of headbanging, seriously.
Or even better, why don't you improvise something instead of doing something that's been done 1000000000 times before?

no offence :)

well headbanging is alright, but I wanted to get better ideas than that, because in long instrumental parts it gets boring to watch. and everything has already been done before, it's hard to come up with new stuff

Plus I really need something to think of cuz otherwise I'll be looking at my very hot boyfriend soloing and being a rockstar and I'm gonna be all over him and that's not really good when you're on stage :lol:

Get wasted before the show and then you'll be full of fun ideas for what to do during that time.

Hey guys, I need advice... Next wednesday I'll be singing a cover song live with my new bf's band and I was wondering what do you vocalists do during instrumental bits when you are not playing guitar. Everytime I've had to sing in a show I was always playing at the same time so it didnt bother me, but now I'm thinking ''oh crap''... any ideas ??? the song is Master of Puppets, so there'll be a shitload of free time for me to stand on stage doing nothing and looking like an idiot.

Didn't even read past that.

what do you vocalists do during instrumental bits when you are not playing guitar.

Arrange with the band that the guitarists take centre stage to take focus away from you.

Some vocalists view the show from the rear, have a drink at the sides or even walk off stage if it's long enough.

If you have a mic stand you can 'boogie' with it to stop you from holding your hands like dead weights.

Funny thing is I thought about this very same thing last weekend, while watching an interview on TV, they crossed over to this old clip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86K-p089R8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86K-p089R8[/ame]

And after just watching it now he does everything I said above, FF to guitar solo at 2:43

It's more important in a video not to upstage the lead, hence he turns his back, either that or throwing in a butt shot for the girls, lol.

Don't think about what you're doing it will make you look uncomfortable, move to the energy of the song/crowd.

s

You can either stand extremely cool one leg on the monitor style, DONT headbang, just nodd your head a little and look like :mad:, or get a drink.
Or you can do the george fisher too :headbang:
Or you do the Jack Black and animate the cowd like hell to the song :kickass:

Up to you, but dont feel you have to do to much, that will look retarded if youre all crazy headbanging during master of puppets :D

Guys, it's not common but I'm having trouble figuring out a simple triad!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4wq0pv

It's from Paul's new song and I just can't figure out his exact voicing. All I know is that it's got a high F#.

That riff is in the key of Ebmin, and a regular C# chord fits in well there, but I can tell easily that it's not a standard C# so need a bit of help. Would appreciate any suggestions, cheers!! :)

Is this the original sound of the song or have you equalized it? Because all instruments sounds like if there is some kind of a filter or center channel extractor over it? Btw whats the name of this song? Sounds pretty cool!

Damn i kinda get hooked to schecters (well cuz our music stores are filled with schecters anyway :D ). Tried Hellraiser V-1,at first i disliked the roundhorn Vs,but that one just looked right. At first i kinda disliked mahogany,but it was lightweight,sleek,getting past 20 fret was not a problem. Wonderfull,but fuck it has rosewood fingerboard - i hate thoose,it just ruined that guitar for me :( Pisses me off,such an awesome guitar ( i didn't even care about lack of fingerboard binding,just plain paint) ...

Is this the original sound of the song or have you equalized it? Because all instruments sounds like if there is some kind of a filter or center channel extractor over it? Btw whats the name of this song? Sounds pretty cool!

It's a YouTube rip, so the quality is crap. It's Fuzz Universe but Paul Gilbert but I don't have the good quality version yet, it's been released in Japan but not in Europe until August.

hay, what guitar stand do you guys use for RRs?

There are guitar stands that support the guitar from the neck and they have some pads at body height to stabilise it from going backwards.

Hercules%20guitar%20stand.jpg

I'm not sure, but the ones below have swivel bottom grips and may be adjustable for an RR.

guitar%20stand.jpg

You could always ask at a store that sells RR's and stands to test a stand out for you.

s

actually this is correct....i figured out the same thing but i'm in standard so it was a half step down but still, that's definitely it

Yeah he said he thought I was half a step down so tabbed it with C in the bass, when it should be B. When I realise, I felt dumb! Haha. But yeah that's pretty much it.

Here's the song in better quality http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYXU4HFH

Cheers, will download now and check it out.

Edit: seems to be the same quality to me, unless this is the album quality in which case it's crap!

No wonder it sounds crappy, its a 8.0 mb mp3 file. I wish more bands recorded in flac, it really is much better. And having a listen to that 'mystery' chord I think that chord you posted in the text is correct. Sounds like a sus chord.

The song itself is kinda boring :p It sounds like an Ozzy song without vocals. If it had vocals over it it might be more interesting.