Guitar Player's Thread

There are guitar stands that support the guitar from the neck and they have some pads at body height to stabilise it from going backwards.

Hercules%20guitar%20stand.jpg

I'm not sure, but the ones below have swivel bottom grips and may be adjustable for an RR.

guitar%20stand.jpg

You could always ask at a store that sells RR's and stands to test a stand out for you.

s

thanks dude, \:headbang:
I just bought a rr24m and a case for it online, looking forward to buy a wall hanger, I was about to buy a hercules, but a review said that the whatsit locking system gets stuck in the lockers of a floyd guitar and it made me doubtful so Ill go try it on a store :rolleyes:

I've always hung up my RR, or just put it back in the case when i'm done...usually just leans up against my amp :p

haha I wanna show me beutey like a piece of art

Question:
About a month ago I bought an ESP LTD MH-401QMNT http://www.music123.com/ESP-LTD-MH-401NT-Electric-Guitar-520114-i1435872.Music123
After I made the purchase, music123 sent me a coupon for 20% off on anything. So I'm thinking about returning the ESP and instead getting something a little more expensive but that comes out to be around the same price as the ESP after the discount.
Currently I'm looking at Ibanez Xiphos Xpt700 http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-XPT700-Electric-Guitar-512557-i1177173.Music123 and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser http://www.music123.com/Schecter-Gu...-C-1-Electric-Guitar-484197-i1446249.Music123
EDIT: Also found this http://www.music123.com/ESP-LTD-RL-600-Roope-Latvala-Electric-Guitar-521004-i1426993.Music123
Should I do it?

You can go ahead and burn the xiphos...piece of junk IMO

I'd say stick with the LTD, they do make good quality shit and the 400 series is really good. the mh is like the same thing as a hellraiser pretty much..i've found the hellraisers big and bulky, not my style

You can go ahead and burn the xiphos...piece of junk IMO

I'd say stick with the LTD, they do make good quality shit and the 400 series is really good. the mh is like the same thing as a hellraiser pretty much..i've found the hellraisers big and bulky, not my style

What do you think about the Roope model?

:lol:

the roope model is ok the hardware, floyd rose and pickup are just meh
the 401 on the other hand actually has decent pickups, the two 81's, black hardware..none of that black nickel shit, and just a solid string-thru setup which is really easy to manage and take care of.

:lol:

the roope model is ok the hardware, floyd rose and pickup are just meh
the 401 on the other hand actually has decent pickups, the two 81's, black hardware..none of that black nickel shit, and just a solid string-thru setup which is really easy to manage and take care of.

Weird, I have some strange version of the 401 then.. I have 81/85 and chrome hardware

I'm really not a big Ibanez fan either, but the Xiphos has kind of caught my eye. To be honest I think Ibanez's are really over-rated and it's not often you see something super amazing from them. Alot of people will probably rage over this, but I'm just not a big fan of bolt-ons or rosewood, and both seem to be dominant with Ibanez.

I recently decided to play the guitar without anchoring my pinky to the pickup rings and so far I'm glad I did.
Anchoring used to put a lot of pressure on my hand as well as my arm but now I feel like I can play for a long time without straining my arms and hand.

Anyone else go through the same change and notice a difference?

If I got you right I'm holding my right hand as you used to do.
After 10 years of playing like that I dont feel like changing anything :lol: I can cope with it.

I use anchoring for slow bending and melodies. For more than 16th alternate picked at 100 bpm I use the gilbert way.
Am I the only one who prefers the anchored sound for slow stuff?

I recently decided to play the guitar without anchoring my pinky to the pickup rings and so far I'm glad I did.
Anchoring used to put a lot of pressure on my hand as well as my arm but now I feel like I can play for a long time without straining my arms and hand.

Anyone else go through the same change and notice a difference?

I play both anchored and not depending on what I'm playing.

I also find anchoring my wrist to the bridge area and curling my fingers in helps with speed and less strain.

s