Guitar Player's Thread

The new soilwork album is fucking amazing just an FYI for anyone who's into them.
Drumming is incredible, awesome riffs as usual and alot more "shreddy" parts.
Bjorn is also doing alot cooler heavy vocals with like screaming different pitches (very devin townsendish in parts)

Last edited by a moderator:
Xyphos looks like utter crap but plays good, but then again it sounds like crap (Dimazio active Pu's ... WTF!?).
Kinda wierd.
The 7 strings are better tough, but I dislike Ibanez for some odd reason.
I also hate how they make their guitars look shitty and you really feel its on purpose.
The ugly-ass finishes, the cheap and light fingerboard wood, no binding or proper inlays ... If I bought one I felt like I got screwed :D

/ Their bass section is kickass though.

Their Prestige series kick ass though.
I own a RG2550Z and it easily plays better than my edwards Laiho signature, which I really regret buying.

Their Prestige series kick ass though.
I own a RG2550Z and it easily plays better than my edwards Laiho signature, which I really regret buying.

I must I say I don't really regret that one at all.
It looks a bit cheesy (got the scythe) although the inlays are wicked, but it plays and feels good.
At the time I bought it I wasn't even into CoB (and iam not right now :D), so there was no fanboism involved, I just wanted an SV :D.
Just a really nice for the price (at that time the dollar was quite hideously low) metal V with an original Floyd, can't really say more about mine.
The quality surely is between ltd deluxe and ESP.
Some people even say that Edwards pre 09 play better than ESP's post 09, they seem to have really dropped off in quality.
I regret the missing neck pu though.
Nowadys Floyd Rose pisses my off too, gonna block that thing soon :)

My next guitar will be an Agile or ESP superstrat, thats something really missing amongst my guitars :D

So I was going to record the whole solo section of This Godless Endeavor for youtube (including the diminished sweeps before the main solo) and I can play it 92% speed but anything higher I can hear myself starting to fall behind and blur notes :lol: I don't know how Jeff Loomis does it, he must get an adrenaline high when he is on stage. Fucking gay, I'm not going to record it if its not clean and I'm not slowing down the track 8% :p

I also figure out the riff to Termination Proclamation, and I ran it by Attila and he said it was correct! Fuck yeah :D

Speaking of new guitars, I am really itching for a schecter c7 stringthru. They go for so little on ebay, and I have the money, hmmmmmm.....

Oh, and congrats on your move to Norway, Twisha! :D I found out one of my uncles lives there and welcomes me to visit any time. I could have gone this year if I had my passport!

Thanks Mick! You should definitely get over here whenever you have the chance. It's gorgeous.

And I love the fact that you're such a perfectionist :p. I'm sure that solo will come unexpectedly in the next couple of weeks. You could even slow it back down to like 70% and then work it back up again; that will actually help to increase your speed. Also, what's your jootube channel? I'd like to check it out.

My jootube. I'll probably be uploading more soon, not just solos. Maybe some covers of sinergy or ozzy osbourne tunes.

Did you move to Norway all by yourself, or did you have a friend come along? You have some balls (lol) to move to a foreign-speaking country. But I'm sure your Norwegian is good enough to get you by, everyone probably knows English anyways.

To anyone who wants to help, does this seem like a good deal? http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Hellraiser-C-7-/280531816607?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item4150ffd09f

you hold your pick really weird :p Like your thumb looks indented the other way or something; but that's still a nice picking hand. Most ppl have a habit of sticking out their last 3 fingers (Alexi for example), which I always saw as weak compared to, for example, Paul Gilbert's picking hand.

Anywayyy. Yes, I was able to move here with a friend. I think I'd be too scared to make such a huge move by myself. And we did a shit tonne of research before actually flying over here. Like we booked our tickets 3 months in advance, started researching which cities we like, then started apartment/house hunting and found a place. It's amazing how much you can get done on the internet. Our current landlord even picked us up from the airport. Also yes, everyone here speaks English. Which is actually bad for us cuz it spoils us; and all the friends we've made here speak English with us, when it should really be the other way around.

It's like that in a lot of Europe but particularly Scandinavia, they learn English in school from day 1. Asking a Scandinavian if they speak English is as insulting as asking them if they know basic maths.

I've been to Oslo, which part of Norway are you in?

s

I've asked plenty of people here, "Snakker du engelsk?" and they don't seem to be insulted at all. Rather they seem to appreciate that I can at least speak a little of their language.

I'm currently living in Trondheim. It's a great city and I really love it here. Although I think I'm going to go back home to California next month. Will probably be back in Trondheim next year if the student visa goes through.

A friend told me he asked that and they gave him a bizarre look - then again he's a creep and probably deserved it :lol:.

What I found weird, walking the streets at night and the area was full of black hookers.

Where we in the black hooker part of town or are all the hookers black?

s

Basically, every person that the rest of Norway doesn't want around, is labeled "scum" and sent to Oslo. Oslo is possibly the worst picture of Norway there is, i'd say. I think a vast majority of hookers are black in oslo, yeah :lol: