Guitar Player's Thread

That was awesome, great playing. I can do most of that but I always miss the D note on the B string during the Bmin in 14th position which you didnt' do, sucks. :p

Thanks. To be honest, I am not sure what part you are talking about (that arp/pedal lick that includes a 'passing' note part?). The thing is, I looked at a tab only for reference but went with what I heard, so I might have missed a note that I didn't notice the first time, I dunno. You are the tab guru so I'll take your word :lol:

Btw, what do you think of the new Paul Gilbert album? I actually quite like it, he never runs out of ideas. Better than Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar? I think it might be, I'll give it more listens.

that wasn't the original speed was it?

It is the original speed, no tampering. After attempting TGE, I was slapped back down to reality and tried something I knew I could handle (not trying to sound pretentious in saying playing Jason Becker's stuff is easier to play than Jeff Loomis, it just happens this was a slower tempo in comparison).

It is the original speed, no tampering. After attempting TGE, I was slapped back down to reality and tried something I knew I could handle (not trying to sound pretentious in saying playing Jason Becker's stuff is easier to play than Jeff Loomis, it just happens this was a slower tempo in comparison).

ah sorry for doubting, i listened to it for like 2 seconds :p i think the part after that is really freaking hard, maybe all the tabs were shit but idk it just seemed really confusing but i havn't even listened to becker in ages or tried to play his stuff so idk

missing countries?

GERMANY
Distributor:LANEY DIRECT BY PB INTERNATIONAL BVAddress:pB INTERNATIONAL BVADA BYRONWEG 17A6045 GM ROERMOND. THE NETHERLANDS
GERMANY

???

Thanks. To be honest, I am not sure what part you are talking about (that arp/pedal lick that includes a 'passing' note part?). The thing is, I looked at a tab only for reference but went with what I heard, so I might have missed a note that I didn't notice the first time, I dunno. You are the tab guru so I'll take your word :lol:

Btw, what do you think of the new Paul Gilbert album? I actually quite like it, he never runs out of ideas. Better than Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar? I think it might be, I'll give it more listens.

I mean this:

E-19p14--------
B-------15-----
G----------16--

I always miss the D note, I just can never make it sound, I hate that shape so much.

And the new PG album is growing on me, I must admit. When I first listened to it, I didnt' really dig it but as I listen to each song more and more, I find something in each to like so I find myself putting it on again.

I never really listened to SFBADR that much actually, there are a few good tracks but most of it I have no idea how it goes, but I'm aiming to tab this whole album but I'm not sure I'll have the motivation...

And I would like to see you do some more JB, you play it well so would like to see some of the sections of Perpetual Burn or so. :)

that's what i was thinking too, usually for those ones (the complete arp) it's the middle notes that get muddled for me

also this is a cool ass one i've been using lately, one note change but it's awesome

E-19p14--------
B-------18-----
G----------16--

also

E-------------12h17
B---------15---------
G-----14------------
D--12---------------

and my favorite...it's a really cool dim/outside sort of sound that you can use in minor thirds or for chromaticisms

basic shape
E-18p12--------
B-------15-----
G----------18p12--

i do stuff like..

E-18p12----------------12h18s21h15-----
B-------15-----------15---------------18
G----------18p12h18--------------------21p15

etc. up down all around whatever

^ That one sounds cool

Gus G uses this in one of the Firewind songs

----18p12-----------12h18-----------------
-----------16----16------------------------
--------------15---------------------------
-------------------------------------------

I make up my own shapes half the time, here are some I prefer :lol:
Apologies if any of these are commonly used in scales, I know dick about that stuff so I make stuff up.

E|---------------15h16p15
B|------------17-----------17
G|---------17----------------17
D|------17---------------------17
A|---15--------------------------15(this can be replaced with a 19 if need be)
E|17-------------------------------17

E|19p17------------17h19
B|------20-------20-------
G|--------17---17---------
D|-----------17-----------

E|16h19p16-------------16h19
B|-----------18-------18------
G|-------------17---17-------
D|----------------18----------

E|------------8h10p8
B|---------10---------10
G|------11---------------11
D|9h12---------------------12p9

E|------------19h20p19
B|---------17-----------17
G|------17----------------17
D|---16---------------------16
A|19--------------------------19

derp

I make up my own too sometimes, but theres no point in posting them because theyre in B F# B F# B D# tuning :p

Okay this might make me seem like a total tardis, but I've been using my Korg AX3000G lately and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about getting "patches" from my pc to the pedal. Does anyone have any experience with the pedal/patches

derp cocks x

Well...

Also: Did you watch A Very Long Engagement and Delicatessen by Jeunet?

Look at the shape of germany and then you should notice other differences.

Well, I guess I would but that map doenst show germany as a single country. Just europe as a whole continent

I think it was Charli who asked about travelling with guitars.

Here's a good run down from Dave Ellefson:

I've never had a weight problem with my flight case but I guess a bass weighs more and it depends if it's steel vs. aluminium and wood vs. plastic panels.

Also if you travel as a band you can distribute the weight, we have 6 in the band and at 20kg each it adds to 120kg so our violinist's 'slack' gets taken up by the others and we've always come in under weight.

It would be a different story if we flew internationally (we'd pack a lot in luggage) but I think the weight allowance is also a bit more.

s

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...

Also: Did you watch A Very Long Engagement and Delicatessen by Jeunet?

Look at the shape of germany and then you should notice other differences.

I've seen delicatessen, i have not watched amelia yet...a very long engagement i have yet to watch as well, ill get on it though! i have a sick obsession with entourage right now so i have to finish that up first :p and i'm trying to get through this 4 hour french artsy fartsy movie...

Okay, they changed it now but they had a world map from before the First World War with Germany + Ostpreußen and a colonized Africa.

:lol: fuckin brits