Guitar Player's Thread

Ah I see. This one .
orbit_pro_white.jpg

I've seen guitars with that shape, but never heard the name, and I just googled and there's nothing on that guitar in Finnish.

I think I'm getting the OmgRoope, but will first see if Epi makes an interesting offer on his.

Ok, so it just dawned on me that the LTD Roope guitar has a reverse pointed headstock, but I know his ESP's have the hocky stick looking headstock. Is that one of the main diff between the two? Because honestly I think the hockey stick headstock looks waaaayyyyy better.

Small detail, but just noticed it.

It also appears the ESP has a top mounted floyd and the LTD has a recessed Floyd.

roope_latvala_chr.jpg

rl-600.jpg

random mini-rant

I fucking hate when people say things like: hrmmmm I can't decide between this £800-£1000 neckthru alder guitar with Duncans/DiMarzios/EMGs and OFR and this £300-£450 basswood bolt-on one with licensed floyd and meh pickups. THEY LOOK SO SIMILAR HURR DURR

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS, I'VE SEEN IT ON VIRTUALLY EVERY FUCKING FORUM

Well since this is guitar players thread, I figured I'd finally post a few pics of my guitar. Pretty much stock except for PU and gold hardware.

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Thanks dreams of eternal hate for helping me

Meh, decent pics of guitars should be allowed to be big :p

Cool looking guitar, didn't expect that model to look well with gold hardware of any kind, actually

Can you tell me how does this compare to the RL-600? Price is the same. What do you think? I'm trying not to make any hasty decisions based on a sudden one-day lust.

IBANEZ STM1-WH
477915_800.jpg

Ibanez STM1 Sam Totman Signature Guitar - mahogany body, 5-piece maple/walnut 'Wizard II' neck, 24 jumbo frets, palisander fretboard, custom inlays, Edge III tremolo, chrome hardware, 2x DiMarzio Evolution humbucker pickups, includes case and leather strap. Colour: White

Video of someone playing:

What an interesting sound. One moment it reminds you of super mario and the next it's bright and deep. But maybe not best guitar for metal music?

I do love those Alexi and Roope guitars but I find attractive the thought of having something a bit more personal.

STM1WH_Neck_Thru.jpg

Well actually I don't like painted backs. And the look and sound are not so metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played the regular Ibanez Iceman which is very similar to this one, and it played very well.

The Evo PU's in this guitar are pretty awesome. I had some in my old Ibanez RG and it sounded great. They are the Steve Vai pick ups, so you WILL get his tone. Great highs and mids, not to much bass.

The Edge III isn't the best trem in the world, but mine was pretty good. Not as good as ORF though.

I love the Iceman shape, especially with the black binding around it. Also, the wizard 2 neck is very very thin as far as necks go. Some love them, some hate them, so I would try to play some sort of Ibanez that has that neck so you can see if you like it or not.

Never played one of those.

Only deans I have ever played were the Dean ML's (Dime Bag guitar) and I really wasn't that impressed, so since then I've never really been interested in dean.

Those look pretty cool though

A friend video taped a gig we had last weekend, unfortunately the camera sound isnt the best (and since it was on the left side you cant hear my guitar too well :mad:) but I uploaded part of it to youtube none the less!

Also, my guitar center just got one of these in and priced it retarded low for some reason at $699 (online its $899 :confused:)

I want it super bad

l_schecter%20blackjack%20atx%20v1fr-awh.jpg

Or I would prefer it in vintage black, the only good photo I could find of the vintage black was a lefty and large so sorry about the size
Schecter%202009%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20Blackjack-ATX%20V-1FR%20Aged%20Black%20Satin%20Left%20Handed%206-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That model bugs me for two reasons;
1. because i dont like roundhorns that much
and
2. because the lower wing is SLIGHTLY longer than the upper wing. Like a sort of reversed RR thing going on. Throws me off every time lol

Schecter are supposedly very good guitars though, so well worth the money

Can you tell me how does this compare to the RL-600? Price is the same. What do you think? I'm trying not to make any hasty decisions based on a sudden one-day lust.

IBANEZ STM1-WH
477915_800.jpg

Ibanez STM1 Sam Totman Signature Guitar - mahogany body, 5-piece maple/walnut 'Wizard II' neck, 24 jumbo frets, palisander fretboard, custom inlays, Edge III tremolo, chrome hardware, 2x DiMarzio Evolution humbucker pickups, includes case and leather strap. Colour: White

That guitar looks rather fantastic barring the Edge III

On Schecter Vs: yes schecters are so sexy, and I love vs, but the bottom horn does piss me off :(