Guitar Player's Thread

Get one of these. I'm hoping to get one should I find some work soon.

Fucking incredible tone. Not a strat, but their other guitars play great too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fuck, the RR24 would not be much cheaper than this:
242489.jpg

Always thought this is one of the the coolest guitars out there.

Can someone tell why the ebony fret costs 300 more than maple? Cos that's the only difference in the RR24 and RR24M.
Ebony is way more precious than maple, that's maybe why (although 300 is a bit too much). Good for me that I like the sound of a maple fretboard more than the sound of an ebony fretboard.

Buy my RL-600!

I'm not quite sure yet but I am seriously thinking of selling it. I've been looking for a strat -shaped guitar for quite some time now.

Thinking of maybe getting one of these next:

Check your PM.

Get one of these.

What guitar is that?

I like the sound of a maple fretboard more than the sound of an ebony fretboard.

Why has it different sound?

I'm now in lust for the Roope guitar. Let's see what kind of offer Epi will make. I tried the RR24, it's ok but one thing I don't like about guitars is lightweight. I can't help it, the light weight makes me think its a hollow plastic toy. About the Jackson X guitar I found out it's 16 pounds and has 2 pickups, that turned me on, but the V shape is quite radical and your comment doesn't turn me on either. I can't find out how much the Roope guitar weighs. It seems to be pretty rare compared to Alexi guitars. Of course playability and sound and all that is priority nr.1. But for a guy trying to really get into guitar playing, a guitar that motivates is not a bad thing.

Why has it different sound?

The wood is the most important factor when it comes to a guitar's sound. Different characteristics = different vibration behaviours = different sounds.
when it comes to solid body guitars the neck (its material) is even more important for the sound.

Holy fuck, I can't believe people are actually trying to give Jewnass advice. He's gone from wanting an OmgAlexi guitar to an OmgRoope guitar, it's clear he's an idiot fanboi who is beyond help.

Well that's the way it goes man. Sometimes you hate someone a lot, but when he's about to buy the wrong guitar you tell him don't do that man :D I love it how some of you haven't changed at all the past few years. I don't complain, I've learned stuff about guitars and if I end up making a fine choice then avot.

Well that's the way it goes man. Sometimes you hate someone a lot, but when he's about to buy the wrong guitar you tell him don't do that man :D I love it how some of you haven't changed at all the past few years. I don't complain, I've learned stuff about guitars and if I end up making a fine choice then avot.

"I love it how some of you haven't changed at all the past few years."

i chuckle a bit

Joonas....I wouldn't take into account on how light the RR guitars are. It really doesn't matter once its plugged in and the gains cranked. Also, I will say this from owning an all Mahogany neck through 7 string. It is way heavier than my RR24, and it does have a different sound, not because it is necc heavier, but because of the different woods. But after a hour or so standing up and playing it really starts to bother my shoulder. I mean its heavy. I love how light the RR guitars are for that reason. Less pain when playing while standing.

I will say though...those RL-600 are sick!! I would love to get a guitar in that shape.

Also I noticed the JS Series you can now get with a floyd and they have 24 frets. Not the best line from Jackson, but I think it was a good step for the company. http://jacksonguitars.com/features/js_series/

Yeah I read that heavy guitars are bad for the back when standing. That JS32 looks fine, 2 pickups. Wonder what the estimated price will be.

I think it's down to the RR24 and RL-600. Right now the OmgRoope one really kicks me in the eye. It doesn't sound bad either. I don't have it anywhere to try obviously. But I guess it feels pretty much the same as the RR24. I wasn't really ok with the maple fretboard and the black markings on the RR24.

What about this one
angelo.jpg

Also I noticed the JS Series you can now get with a floyd and they have 24 frets. Not the best line from Jackson, but I think it was a good step for the company. http://jacksonguitars.com/features/js_series/

No.

If you're buying a cheap guitar, it's probably best to stay away from floyd rose systems, as on a cheap guitar it'll be extra shitty and will probably only cause more hassle than benefit.

Anyway, Jewnass is trolling, fuck him.

I read the new JS Series are supposed to be around $400.00 us dollars, but I don't know if that is confirmed or not.

I mean its bolt on, rosewood fretboard, no binding, LFR, meh PU's - down falls IMO, but I mean you can't expect the greatest on the lower line from them. The JS32 Warrior would be a fun guitar to swap Pups in and get a better floyd. I love that fucking shape.

Yea, the Maple boards some like, some don't. I prefer the look of Ebony, but the sound and feel of maple is by far what I am after in a guitar. I love it. I only wish it was birdseye maple board. That would just make my day. I'll try to get some pics of my guitar posted tommorrow just so you can see what it looks like with a few mods done (gold tunners, new PU, gold PU pole pieces), nothing too crazy, but it totally changes the look of the guitar, getting rid of all that black hardware.

No.

If you're buying a cheap guitar, it's probably best to stay away from floyd rose systems, as on a cheap guitar it'll be extra shitty and will probably only cause more hassle than benefit.

Anyway, Jewnass is trolling, fuck him.

I wasn't really telling him to get one. Just kind of putting that out there for everyone. I just found it interesting that Jackson is finally making more 24 fret guitars. Before these it was pretty hard to get a Jackson with more than 22 frets.

Still think it'd be cool to get the Warrior on the cheap and mod it to all hell...as long as it play good from the start anyways.