Guitar Player's Thread

That guitar looks rather fantastic barring the Edge III

It's just a re-hash of the Iceman they did in the 70's.

Paul Stanley made it famous and had a custom cracked mirror version

cracked_mirror_iceman.gif

http://vintageibanez.tripod.com/psmirror.html

He also had a signature model the PS-10.

http://vintageibanez.tripod.com/psmodels.html

s

This looks nice. What's he doing on 1:25? And anyone got opinion on this? It costs 469e. What's the meaning of this Drop-D tuning E-guitar? Wtf?

IBANEZ RGD320-WH

Ibanez RGD320-WH, Drop-D Tuning E-Guitar, basswood body, 3-pcs maple/walnut Wizard II neck, 24 jumbo frets, roseweood fretboard, Ibanez Edge III bridge, black hardware, 26,5" (672 mm) scale lenght, pickups: Ibanez VK1-DT humbucker neck + Ibanez VK2-DT humbucker bridge, 010 - 046, incl. gigbag, strap, color: white

Well, it's quite cheap, some 400e.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Edge III isn't that bad if you know how to setup a trem. Just change the springs when you get a guitar with an Edge III. Set it up and don't pretend that you're Steve Vai.

Go to hell Joonas. You are much better when you are on the main cob forum where nobody reads your obsessive fan posts.

Edge Pro and Edge II are good. Edge III sucks.

That white Iceman is win.

Did I forget anything? Joonas is gay.

Edge Pro and Edge II are good. Edge III sucks.

That white Iceman is win.

Thanks for your advice.

Now this is not like me, but really, I could care fucking less about what you, CliffBurton, Vikk, Swabs and every last one of you (you know who you are) say about me. I'd never waste my time on an off-topic forum full of ill-willing trolls like you. You don't know shit about me, and I don't know you, end of story, stop thinking you know me.

I came here to ask about guitars and received lots of respectable info.

[

IBANEZ RGD320-WH

Ibanez RGD320-WH, Drop-D Tuning E-Guitar, basswood body, 3-pcs maple/walnut Wizard II neck, 24 jumbo frets, roseweood fretboard, Ibanez Edge III bridge, black hardware, 26,5" (672 mm) scale lenght, pickups: Ibanez VK1-DT humbucker neck + Ibanez VK2-DT humbucker bridge, 010 - 046, incl. gigbag, strap, color: white

Well, it's quite cheap, some 400e.

I'm pretty sure Drop D tunning E-Guitar just means the guitar is tunned to E standard except the top string which is dropped to D. Most just call it drop D.

The one thing that is weird is that it says 26.5" scale. Is that correct? Most normal guitars with a floyd are 25.5" scale.

Once again the Edge III trems are not that great compared to a OFR, but they are decent considering they are on lower end guitars.

A friend video taped a gig we had last weekend, unfortunately the camera sound isnt the best (and since it was on the left side you cant hear my guitar too well :mad:) but I uploaded part of it to youtube none the less!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICXf_PueMo0

Also, my guitar center just got one of these in and priced it retarded low for some reason at $699 (online its $899 :confused:)

I want it super bad

l_schecter%20blackjack%20atx%20v1fr-awh.jpg

Or I would prefer it in vintage black, the only good photo I could find of the vintage black was a lefty and large so sorry about the size
Schecter%202009%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20Blackjack-ATX%20V-1FR%20Aged%20Black%20Satin%20Left%20Handed%206-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

DUde, I was litereally eyeing down that sam eguitar (vintage white) this week. Got me thinking, played nice too. I've been wanting a vintage V with 24 frets and a trem...

But it doesn't have a tilt body/neck so playing standing up is a dick. ,

*postjump*

Better than the pics.

@zman
vst string instruments like guitars and bass suck. Almost always.
Drums and stuff is ok but I never found or heard of a good bass/guitar.

Nah, I mean just a soundfont that I can load into FL8. I used to have one that had all the sounds of GP4 but realistic sounding but I had to reformat my pc and I can't remember where I got it from. The bass tones in that weren't great either, so kinda hoping I can find one but doesn't look promising!!!