Guitar Player's Thread

^Why? Because they have Alexi in the name?

I just tried the Jackson RR24 in hand. Found it for 880e discount (original prize 1300e) what do you think? I don't like the painted back, it's slow. And why is it better then the Alexi 200 ESP.

^Luckily just the pick hand. What did you do to them? :D

Ok I heard there will be a 24 fret version of the Jackson RR3 coming to a shop close to me, sounds interesting. But the floyd rose system sounds damn complicated for tuning.

Maybe I'll look into that on youtube.. Eveningninja said don't buy ESP LTD Alexi 200. Should I buy it or not??? Other options are Jackson RR24 or Jackson RR3 (if there really is a 24 fret one available)

Go for the RR24. It's not a bolt on piece of shit with rosewood. I've played all 3 guitars, and I own the RR24. I can safely say it's better than both of them.

Go for the RR24. It's not a bolt on piece of shit with rosewood. I've played all 3 guitars, and I own the RR24. I can safely say it's better than both of them.

Really? In what ways is it better, describe please? I tried it on hand today, but not playing. Maybe the itchiness of the painted neck depends on the moist level of your hands. It was for 880e which they said was a special price as the original price was 1330e.

omgalexi-200 vs RR24 is a no-contest scenario

an alexi-600 is closer to the RR24 in build quality and all that. Which is better of those, is a subject of great debate, and probably just boils down to taste.

I'd go for the RR24 in this scenario

Really? In what ways is it better, describe please? I tried it on hand today, but not playing. Maybe the itchiness of the painted neck depends on the moist level of your hands. It was for 880e which they said was a special price as the original price was 1330e.

The neck on mine is very smooth, atleast more smooth than that of the RR3 and 200... To my hands anyways. I don't have any snag on mine, but I also keep it well cleaned. The tone is really good too, a majority of the reason I bought it. That and considering it's neck-thru, it's way more easy to play on the higher frets than what you would be able to do with a bolt on. 800 and something is also a really good deal, I got mine for 1,400 when it was first released so :p

Holy crap. 880e is a hell of a lot of money still. I'll try to get a discount if I go for that. And maybe sell some air guitars in empty boxes in ebay =)

Well. Maybe if I ever run into some sudden need of money, I could probably sell it for 500. I felt like I need to upgrade my 300e Ibanez (a tremendously good guitar for its price) into some 500e guitar to get my playing motivation up, but I'm not sure if my skill deserves an 880e guitar. I'd have to start practising stuff and not just fool around with tabs, or I'd be embarrased just holding it.

yeah, the more you invest in a guitar, the higher resale value it has(granted you dont use it as a sledgehammer regularly)

Flood of pictures under to this message, if you don't feel like checking them out use AdBLock Plus or put me on your ignore list, thanks.

Oh, look: I got mail! (Yes, unboxing process)
DSC_0372.jpg

Let's check out what's in.
DSC_0373.jpg

Korg DTR-1000 racktuner:
DSC_0374.jpg

Today:
DSC_0377.jpg

-Super fast delivery from Thomann (2 days)

DSC_0378.jpg

Yay, huge load of airbags! (Yes, I did jump onto every single one of them afterwards :lol:)

DSC_0379.jpg

After some trouble with setting up the whole rack the result:
DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

In the rack:
-Multiple Device Switch
-Tech 21 Sansamp PSA 1.1
- Korg DTR-1000
-Black Cover for remaining 3 hight units

Yet to come:
-T.C.-Electronics G-Major2
-Rocktron Velocity (or in case i'll find a cheap, used power amp something else)
-Either graphical equalizer or a rack drawer
-Wireless

Definitely! I just wanted something I could easily take with me (not weight-wise though but you'd most likely transport stuff with a car as a rack gear user anyway) and set up. Awesome for jamming at a friend's place.

My fav local band had an argument with their bassplayer and I'd love to join them, I know these guys personally, have been going to their gigs from the start and did their sound on gigs for over a year now. But It'd be cool to join them.

Ah well, I see the reason there, would do that myself too. Plus it has to be fun to be able to play and not matter about if you fuck up because noone hears you :lol:

What about the RR24 (now I know what the number stands up for)
660339_800.jpg

This costs like 850e. Any experiences?

I have it. It's a great guitar for it's price, sounds awesome, the floyd rose, even if it's not OMG OFR it's great and stays perfectly in tune, and you clearly love the shape and all it involves. My advice is go for it.

omgalexi-200 vs RR24 is a no-contest scenario

an alexi-600 is closer to the RR24 in build quality and all that. Which is better of those, is a subject of great debate, and probably just boils down to taste.

I'd go for the RR24 in this scenario

Seconded on every front, RR24 definitely in terms of features and build quality, if you want something more COB-ish you could shell out the extra cash for very similar Alexi-600 but you don't seem as if you're fussed about that.