Guitar Player's Thread

i think is pretty awesome, but if i was to be a bitch about, i'd say to lower the lead guitar a tiny bit to be more balanced, the clean voice isn't quite sitting in the song, i'd throw some more reverb/delay and compression. but is midnight and i'm fucking tired, i may be saying shit

I agree with Vikk about the vocals. They dont quite fit in the mix - but overall I really like this music :D
I do get a little bored about the rhythm guitar sometimes though

The lead guitar parts are just awesome! :D tell me when your album is out (;

Overall good job imo :D

I got myself a Polytune (TC Electronic) while in the USA and used it on stage Friday night.

Best tuner ever!

It's very quick to respond and the best thing, you strum all 6 strings at the one time and the readout shows you straight away all the strings and which strings are out.

No more tuning one string at a time.

s

I got myself a Polytune (TC Electronic) while in the USA and used it on stage Friday night.

Best tuner ever!

It's very quick to respond and the best thing, you strum all 6 strings at the one time and the readout shows you straight away all the strings and which strings are out.

No more tuning one string at a time.

s

Sounds interesting, I'm definetly going to check that out.

Any thoughts on this guitar? Price 295€ JACKSON JS32T KELLY SW
646153.jpg

Any thoughts on this guitar? Price 295€ JACKSON JS32T KELLY SW
646153.jpg

My friend had one, and it sucks. Maybe if you don't plan to play guitar seriously, it might not be a good idea to buy an expensive guitar, but I wouldn't recommend that one. JS guitars are for decoration.

^Fair enough. I have 2 guitars and am thinking of selling them and buying one around 5-7 hundred or something.

With 700e you can probably get a decent guitar. For example Jackson RR3 is about 700 and it's very good for that price. I can't say much about other guitars though, since my experiences are mostly limited to Jacksons.

This one?
5827e1d1f8efd87c30375d9584709efa.jpg

I've heard this shape is not good for home practice, but rather for gigs as it sits bad on the lap.
I'm thinking my skills deserve a 500-700e guitar but no more at this point. Got any other cool ideas? It's important to get one that's good in the price level.
I know it's good to have a guitar that's a little better than your skills, so the motivation stays up. My 300e Ibanez is getting a little past the excitement line.

This one?
5827e1d1f8efd87c30375d9584709efa.jpg

I've heard this shape is not good for home practice, but rather for gigs as it sits bad on the lap.
I'm thinking my skills deserve a 500-700e guitar but no more at this point. Got any other cool ideas? It's important to get one that's good in the price level.
I know it's good to have a guitar that's a little better than your skills, so the motivation stays up. My 300e Ibanez is getting a little past the excitement line.

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. The shape is indeed a bit difficult/annoying for home practice, but you'll get used to it. But I would also recommend Jackson Dinky MG series. It's shaped like a Stratocaster, and it's a great guitar overall. But other guys here can probably recommend other than Jackson guitars too.

How about this ESP Alexi-200/WH for 550e?
p43162h-bd847ee08905d5c30275ed7e051148e7.jpg

I always liked the look of this, but don't know if it's as good as it looks.

Edit: did some research. People complain this doesn't stay in tune, has single pick-up which is not a good thing and it's also a bad pick-up, and much of the price comes from the Alexi-name. Doesn't sound very hot now does it. Many recommend the RR3 instead. I'll just have to try it on the lap first. Never tried a flying V shape guitar. Some people say it's impossible to hold on lap, some disagree.

It really is a vast improvement on floor tuners.

Here's a link:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/polytune.asp

s

Just bought a Korg DTR-1000. I was deciding between the TC and the KORG but I got a good price on the DTR so that's ok :D.

Btw, going to post some unboxing/finished view pics of my "rack" later on.

doesn't stay in tune

Bullshit. I own one myself and it perfectly stays in tune.

and it's also a bad pick-up,

Try it, some like it - others don't. You can always replace it later on.

it's impossible to hold on lap, some disagree.

Again, bullshit. After a while you'll easily figure out how to hold it correctly.

I'd recommend playing some other guitars as much as possible, as much as I like my 200, because you are the one who needs to play it and needs to satisfy your wishes and needs.

BTW, one of my friends is selling a white 200 - if you want his e-mail, hook me up with a message.

Bullshit. I own one myself and it perfectly stays in tune.

Try it, some like it - others don't. You can always replace it later on.

Again, bullshit. After a while you'll easily figure out how to hold it correctly.

BTW, one of my friends is selling a white 200 - if you want his e-mail, hook me up with a message.

How heavy is it? That's one thing I'd like to know, because I like them heavy - lightweight guitars feel like toys. All I know is it's the prettiest guitar I'm aware of atm, and of course that motivates to play more. So I'm trying to figure if it really is good. Don't know about changing the pickups - I'll break everything I open - but there's some sound tests on youtube, I'll check later today. About your friend's used one; it would have to be wayy cheaper for me to buy a used one. Thanks for the info.