Guitar Player's Thread

So how does this work Mitch? I may be interested in at least trying something now that I have a way to record.

Is that you playing on all tracks, or multiple people contributing licks here and there?

That G Blues one was pretty fucking sweet. No matter how much metal I love, I don't think I will ever love it more than the blues, especially that aggressive rock type blues. (Paul Gilbert 12-12 on steroids)

Well basically, we all agree on a backing track, as only one will be used. I then choose a section to play over and post the BT and the time to use and everyone interested writes a solo over the top of it, records it and sends it to me via PM (without the bt behind) and then after a month or so, I'll loop the BT and paste all the solos over it, one after the other and then post it here. The idea is to just be creative and hear what other people are like when they compose.

So in each of the clips I posted, I played in all of them but only for about 20-40secs in each one. The rest are the other forum posters. :)

Holy shit it's confirmed. My band is opening for ensiferum and finntroll in fubruary!

This should be some awesome exposure for us to the local metal crowd.

Conti, didn't your band play with ensiferum once? Are they a bunch of cool dudes?
I'm going to try and drink with Petri and get him to sign one of my norther CDs lol

:lol: Petri is a fucking faggot cunt loser. Marcus and the rest of the band are awesome though. Well, the keyboard chick is a bit of a cunt too.

I might go to the Toronto one of that, neat!

Same, I vote drinks, popped collars and glowsticks. I will likely have short hair by then.

Yo guys, who would be up for another COBOT Forum Jam after the COBOT Album 4 is done?? We've done 5 so far and the 5th was back in 2008, so alot of posters have been and gone, and we've now got a few more, so would be cool do another.

Here are the 5 so far, for anyone who's never participated before.

Forum Jam 1 (G Blues)
Forum Jam 2 (C# Phrygian Rock)
Forum Jam 3 (C Maj Ballad)
Forum Jam 4 (Passage To The Reaper)
Forum Jam 5 (12 Donkeys)

My favourite is 5, definitely. :)

Dude, are you reading my thoughts? :O Today I was thinking a forum jam would be nice again (I know I'm not really a regular in the GP-thread but anyway). :lol:

:lol: Petri is a fucking faggot cunt loser. Marcus and the rest of the band are awesome though.

I've heard this from other bands who've played with them too. At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt(even though i think he's a my pals, but i imagined he'd be just having a bad day etc), but that many people giving the same reports?

I've met Petri numerous times, on the street and at shows, with Norther and Ensiferum (even on both bands first Canadian mini-tours)... the guy is a just an asshole who thinks he's hot shit... which surprised me because he has the body of a 9 year old girl. I was so offended by him when I met him on the street I didn't know whether I wanted to rape him or punch him out :lol: his girlish looks saved his ass.

Haha damn :lol: reminds me of how he squealed and raged like a bitch on the Ensiferum forum like a year(?) or so ago. Can't even remember the reason, but i lold. Good times

WOOOAHAHAHAHA FUCKIN POSTJUMPED TO FUCK

@ PATOU or w/e :lol:
Dave Mustaine (formerly ofc), Mille Petrozza, Corey Beaulieu, Phil Demmel etc. seem to get along fine with the neck design.

I've met Petri numerous times, on the street and at shows, with Norther and Ensiferum (even on both bands first Canadian mini-tours)... the guy is a just an asshole who thinks he's hot shit... which surprised me because he has the body of a 9 year old girl. I was so offended by him when I met him on the street I didn't know whether I wanted to rape him or punch him out :lol: his girlish looks saved his ass.

My friend saw them last year and met the whole band except for Petri because he was too much of a D bag. I'm still going to see them when they come here, but ffs, I don't see how anyone gets off being that arrogant when they have a neck as long as their forearm, what the fuck? :erk:

King V's are pretty nice.

My old co-guitarist when I lived in Miami had this one for a good long time.
http://jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=KingV-Body&page=1&product=2803040803
His was in just Black though, but it played amazingly. One day we were driving though and we had both of our guitars in the backseat and someone cut us off and my RR24 fell and pwn'd the fuck out of the finish on the neck of his guitar :rofl:

He later sold it and then bought most of this shit though. Not all from selling that one guitar, but anyways. The Dean came first.

4589_1148286661430_1055475677_429908_1661869_n.jpg

In case you couldn't tell, he's a hardcore Mustaine fan. My point is though, he used to be one of those Jackson Elitist until he played that Dean, and now he won't let the damned thing go.

He also recently showed me this, he had it built over the last few months and finally just got it a few weeks ago :)

38784_1494434674914_1055475677_1374233_7484287_n.jpg

He sent me a video of yall jammin once, you were playing a white rr24. :lol:

Dude, are you reading my thoughts? :O Today I was thinking a forum jam would be nice again (I know I'm not really a regular in the GP-thread but anyway). :lol:

Maybe. ;)

When the COBOT Album is done, I'll bump the idea and we'll sort out a backing track. I'll see if I can find any nice ones that we haven't used. Any contributions would be appreciated and then I could upload clips of them all for us to vote on.

WOOOAHAHAHAHA FUCKIN POSTJUMPED TO FUCK

@ PATOU or w/e :lol:
Dave Mustaine (formerly ofc), Mille Petrozza, Corey Beaulieu, Phil Demmel etc. seem to get along fine with the neck design.

Well I wouldn't!

I just received my Loomis C7 FR today, tuned it half-step down and this guitar is godly!! My playing is a lot cleaner and faster. Probably because this guitar doesn't have a 3/8" action lol.

Well I wouldn't!

I just received my Loomis C7 FR today, tuned it half-step down and this guitar is godly!! My playing is a lot cleaner and faster. Probably because this guitar doesn't have a 3/8" touch lol.

Ummm.....post some damn pics so I can see that bad ass axe!!

If possible can you take a pic of the back of the guitar body and neck? Curious as to the shape of the heal.