Guitar Player's Thread

Some old Stone vids with roope!

[youtube]BOIrAXK8li0&[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
you start in the middle till you get to the depth of the rest of the frets and slowly work it out nice and even.
take some fine file for metal like this one
11125l.gif

i wouldn't recommend to use files for wood cause they are too rough and take too much off. after all you want fine results

take your time and lots of checking on your progress and you will be fine.

Questions for you guys: I've played a JEM7V Prestige this week i tought it was absolutely mega-orgasmic, one of the best guitar I've played....but it costs 2300 Can (around 1900-2000 US). So I was wondering, does it deserve to be that high-priced or it's only 'cause it's a Vai signature model? I don't know shit about specs so a Alder body or a Edge Pro bridge doesn't mean anything to me...so i can't say if it's good or bad.

That Necrophagist vid was pretty cool, thanks for that.

I didn't know it was supposed to be pronounced "necro-far-guest". Sounds pretty cool that way.

And here's a few more pics of my scallop project:

s5000816ks0.jpg

s5000820zw8.jpg

Can't wait to finish this thing.

hey guys I know my ears will substain a lit of damage at a concert but do you think it would be a good idea to go to like half of summer slaughter rather then putting my ears through all that noise or will I be good staying from start to finnish?

well, I am going to Summer Slaughter as well. But I am only really going for Arsis, The Faceless, and Necrophagist. Just wear ear plugs if ur worried about it.

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/mdf.shtml
I know there are a lot of Necrophagist fans here. So follow the link for a Muhammed interview and high quality video of Stabwound!
(Scroll Down)

Darn, i saw that vid a long time ago, didn't think about posting it here.

Questions for you guys: I've played a JEM7V Prestige this week i tought it was absolutely mega-orgasmic, one of the best guitar I've played....but it costs 2300 Can (around 1900-2000 US). So I was wondering, does it deserve to be that high-priced or it's only 'cause it's a Vai signature model? I don't know shit about specs so a Alder body or a Edge Pro bridge doesn't mean anything to me...so i can't say if it's good or bad.

Buying JEM is more of a mental satisfaction than a tangible satisfaction.

It's the best guitar i've even tried, and it sound awesome through a 15W amp.
And i got even more convinced when i heard that all of the solos of Epitaph of necrophagist were recorded with JEM. But I kinda have to agree though, there are far more pricier guitars you could get. But if you have the money and you love the sound, it's pretty much the best you can get.

hey guys I know my ears will substain a lit of damage at a concert but do you think it would be a good idea to go to like half of summer slaughter rather then putting my ears through all that noise or will I be good staying from start to finnish?

earplugs work. but c'mon its 9 bands, how could you not go the whole time? im going 2 times :lol: i personally think the line up is freakin awesome.