Guitar Player's Thread

Attention of Mitch
Hey man I know your looking for a good amp and I found a diezel herbert for an extremely good price, just a thought :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Diezel-Herber...ryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those soundclips sound pretty heavy. o_O

Although I am actually watching this guitar, just because it's so cheap for what it is:

4vns129.jpg

I don't know if I'm making a mistake or what 'cause I'm a total n00b when it comes to amplification but I dno. I still want to try out the whole rack gear thing first. *shrugs*

Cool I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the right one ;) I actually really love that guitar, recently i've been into the flourescent painted RGs. There was a pink one with pink/green/yellow inlays just like that one, I loved it haha, too bad about the price though.

Yeah, they're pretty cool too. Just a bit too bland for my taste though (colour wise).

If it doesn't have an All-Access neck joint, then it's nothing more than that guitar that I posted so I'd rather just have one that's all fancy colours. :)

:lol: unpainted rosewood! Sorry that made me lol :p

You were right in saying maple. I prefer Rosewood/ebony to maple though, Darker wood for darker tones :heh:

Yeah, that's called the "original" neck joint. I have that on my RG770 and I don't like it.

Original:
62p47pu.jpg

All Access:
4mu2mg7.jpg

And yeah, it's a maple neck. :)

If those guitars had the AA, they'd be one of my perfect guitars. :(

Ya, they based the specs on the Ibanez site using the black RG550XX (which has a rosewood fretboard) so it just says rosewood for all the guitars, even though it's maple. I got confused :rofl:

And yeah the old joint looks a bit boxey...maybe it's possible to get a luthier to sand it down a bit. But that would just be expensive and tricky.

bad idea :p Besides, I got an RG550 and the neck joint doesnt bother me at all

in other geetar news.. I traded my ESP LTD EC1000 for an ESP LTD EX400BD with a Coffin case :D

Pretty cool with the blackdiamond plate 'n all.. I actually bought a diamond plate a while ago to put on a guitar and now I have the EX400... so I was thinking maybe I could saw the black diamond plate in half and make it half black half silver :)

like this:
ex400ddwx9.jpg

bad idea :p Besides, I got an RG550 and the neck joint doesnt bother me at all

in other geetar news.. I traded my ESP LTD EC1000 for an ESP LTD EX400BD with a Coffin case :D

Pretty cool with the blackdiamond plate 'n all.. I actually bought a diamond plate a while ago to put on a guitar and now I have the EX400... so I was thinking maybe I could saw the black diamond plate in half and make it half black half silver :)

like this:
ex400ddwx9.jpg
thats a shadow my friend.

Those soundclips sound pretty heavy. o_O

Although I am actually watching this guitar, just because it's so cheap for what it is:

4vns129.jpg

I don't know if I'm making a mistake or what 'cause I'm a total n00b when it comes to amplification but I dno. I still want to try out the whole rack gear thing first. *shrugs*

look, if you havn't had much experience with the whole amp area of the guitar world, dont start with rack gear, first of all there are way to many preamps and rack gear and you cant really test them out to well, and im sure your probably like "d00d ill get lee jackson gp1000!1 alexi 4 life!" but try other shit instead of that. id say just get a great stack, depends on your budget, but i can help you out with some good suggestions

just some advice

dont know but i think the best combination you can have to get a real heavy/clean/crunch/blues/whatever sound is a marshall g100 r cd, a marshall mg 412 b (4*12") and a POD 2.0 (like i have :) )... its not so expensive - maybe around 700€.

ruechy_eq_02.jpg

I'd only get a LJ GP1000 IF I had a JE1000 gain boost. Everyone knows they sound shit without them and personally, I think the tone on Sinergy's cover of ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE is absolutely fucking incredible. I like it much more than Paul's ADA sound.

I think rack gear would actually be better for me because I like to fiddle around with that kinda stuff and discover cool tones. I am with the whole "plug in and play" thing but I just think heads are a bit limited with tone imo. It's only really EQ, unless you add loads of pedals and that's not my thing.

But yeah, a 4X12 is just stupid unless you play stadiums. They're not necessary for bedrooms. One 2X12 or 2 1X12's in sterio would be better. I think your parents would appreciate that more too. ;)

Who knows, I might buy a 2nd hand ADA, if I don't like it, re-sell it on Ebay. Everyone's looking for 'em.

shit....I had a bad guitar day for the 3rd day in a row :/. I hope it will be better tomorrow. I practiced for 5 hours and was still not as good as when I'm playing for 3 hours on a good day. It just makes you wanna quit :(.

^ hey man don't worry about it, once I had a 2 week period where I just played like shit, but after that everything was better than normal. It's just one of those things you gotta go through in life :lol:

Mitch, I agree with you on the 4x12 comment. As much as I'd love a half stack etc. I feel I wouldn't be able to use it to it's full capability. Even now, I've never really used the 150 watts my 2x12 combo has to offer, well, not properly anyway ;).

some pics of my selfbuild guitar:

tn_1111_58ae749f25

tn_1111_ba2fd310dc

tn_1111_f90f2aca5c

24 frets, schaller floyd rose, seymour duncan dimebucker, no volume nobs or anything between de PU and the guitar cable, stained black color and many other features...
i think for my first projekt a good working guitar.