Guitar Player's Thread

some pics of my selfbuild guitar:

24 frets, schaller floyd rose, seymour duncan dimebucker, no volume nobs or anything between de PU and the guitar cable, stained black color and many other features...
i think for my first projekt a good working guitar.

Sounds cool but can you upload the pictures in higher res? You really can't see anything from those tiny pics. :p

sry my pc fucked up so the pictures fucked up 2, dunno why but yeah... :(

here are better pics:

album_bild.php

album_bild.php

album_bild.php

album_bild.php

album_bild.php

album_bild.php

album_bild.php

some pics of my selfbuild guitar:

tn_1111_58ae749f25

tn_1111_ba2fd310dc

tn_1111_f90f2aca5c

24 frets, schaller floyd rose, seymour duncan dimebucker, no volume nobs or anything between de PU and the guitar cable, stained black color and many other features...
i think for my first projekt a good working guitar.

I'm not a fan of the body or the Dean headstock, but props for building a guitar, just post some bigger pics!

I'm not a fan of the body or the Dean headstock, but props for building a guitar

This is exactly what I thought. I can't stand those Dean shaped guitars but stuff like this motivates me to just build my own Custom Jackson, except the fact that I wouldn't know what to do and it'd take time and money.

Nice Warlock too. :kickass:

its defenitely not the exact dean shape it'S much smaller and more the shape of the esp which roope uses but lighter because the shaping on the back and you come better to the 24th fret.. i think that the headstock looks quit good... before i had a normal (like jackson) one but it looks not aggressive enough...

yeah the warlock is from jackson lol, my first guitar... i've to say that i play only just 2 years now guitar and i've built the guitar a half year ago so...yeah.. now i've enought parts again to build a RR or something like this if i've the time.

This is exactly what I thought. I can't stand those Dean shaped guitars but stuff like this motivates me to just build my own Custom Jackson, except the fact that I wouldn't know what to do and it'd take time and money.

Nice Warlock too. :kickass:

Yeah, same here, would be awesome to build something, but then it would probably turn out shit and i would have wasted alot of money. Maybe you should take some luthier courses, if there even is such thing :loco:

I dont know if this is true or not, but looking at pictures of the structure of a neck thru guitar, it looks like it would be easier to build. Because isn't the guitar body just split into two (cut to size ofc) and then adhered onto the extended neck wood?

I dunno, im far from an expert but it seems logical.
IE:
neckthrubackbj7.jpg

I guess the tricky part would be sanding down the contours of the two guitar parts so that they match up. But still...There would be no worries about aligning the neck with the body.

@ swabs

it is a lil bit easier but it's a big sounddifference and sustain difference. evrybody says that you've more sustain with a neck-t. but this isn't true because you've to glue the to parts on the left and right side on the neck and the glue destroys your sustain!!! and 2 different textures of the wood destroy your sustain 2. the good thing with a neck-t. is that you can make you a very good bridge between the body and the neck but not more...
there are some techniques how you can fix your neck in the saddlebag without glue or bolting the neck!!! this is one of the best ways for the sound and the sustain but VERY rare!

I need some help from people who are familiar with stuff like PODs, or other amp simulators. So i'm going to Spain on sunday, and i'll be spending 3 months over there. I'll work for about 4-5 hours a day, and the rest of the time i'll be playing guitar. But i can't bring my amp there, so i'm just bringing my geetar.

One option is buying a small practice amp, but when I travel back to Sweden, i will have to leave it there, so it's not really an investment.

The other option is buying some sort of POD, but i haven't read anything about it how do they work? And is it a good investment for the future, for recording and stuff. I've only tried the VOX amp simulator, and that one really sucks, i could only get a muddy tone, alot like some new bands, and i just hate that tone. I'm really looking for more of a woody tone like Paul Gilberts (From technical difficulties or 2007's G3), or the solo tone on Necro's Epitaph.

If someone has any other suggestions, they're all welcome, but i would prefer not to spend money on something i won't be using when i go home to Sweden.

Long post, but hope someone will be able to help :)

i've the korg 1500 g (also satriani used this one for warm up exercises)
costs 180€ new, very good warm sound... but defenitly not for extreme higain... pantera and metallica presets are on the simulator and they sound pretty good...
the pod is very great caus you can buy a midi footswitch and you can programm many presets but if you like it more with 1 sound or not much presets it's better if you buy a combo or something...
at my opinion this is perfect for travelling and so on: http://www.korg.de/korg-produktinfo-px-4d.html you can do evrything with this small thing and it sounds as great as the korg 1500!!

i've the korg 1500 g (also satriani used this one for warm up exercises)
costs 180€ new, very good warm sound... but defenitly not for extreme higain... pantera and metallica presets are on the simulator and they sound pretty good...
the pod is very great caus you can buy a midi footswitch and you can programm many presets but if you like it more with 1 sound or not much presets it's better if you buy a combo or something...
at my opinion this is perfect for travelling and so on: http://www.korg.de/korg-produktinfo-px-4d.html you can do evrything with this small thing and it sounds as great as the korg 1500!!

Woh, i like the samples from that site, i'll look into that, thanks.