Guitar Player's Thread

I totally wanna do that, kinda forgot I could! So doing this literally blocks the bridge, right? Or just changes the material/density and overall improves tone while still allowing use of the FR?

Doesn't block the trem at all. If you get one that is longer than stock you may have issues with it touching the back plate, but you can either remove the back plate ir cut a hole in it so the trem can travel freely.

I just got one the stock length, but its twice the thickness and made from bell grade brass.

Check out there website...lots of neat little things to make your floyd tricked out. I may just order an entire floyd from them how I want it for my Xiphos.

check out there youtube page......http://www.youtube.com/user/FloydUpgrades

tumblr_lnkguxhKnh1qd2avdo1_500.gif

little caesars is amazing, you wait like 10 seconds and there like ''sorry for the wait'' fuckin beautiful, kinda makes me want to cry every time i get that sweet 5$ delicious pizza covered in cheese so hot and nice, as soon as i open the top i want to make love to that pepperoni, that's true love right there

What type of strat is that?

MIM Strat that my friend gave me. I don't know much about Strats, serial is MZ0216755

That carpet looks nice, what brand is it?

Epic grandma-crafted carpet, made in the highest and cloudiest mountain of Japan.

Doesn't block the trem at all. If you get one that is longer than stock you may have issues with it touching the back plate, but you can either remove the back plate ir cut a hole in it so the trem can travel freely.

I just got one the stock length, but its twice the thickness and made from bell grade brass.

Check out there website...lots of neat little things to make your floyd tricked out. I may just order an entire floyd from them how I want it for my Xiphos.

check out there youtube page......http://www.youtube.com/user/FloydUpgrades

Sick dude, I'm definitely looking into this. It's come to the point that I hardly play my FR guitars anymore because of the inherent tonal characteristics :p

The FX is so hawt, do want

It's my favorite sounding guitar right now, hot damn. One of the best LTD's I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever sell this bitch.

The charcoal Reaper 7 is really nice, but I couldn't see myself ever owning any of those.

I hope to get more 7's in the near future. One is not enough! I had to have this Reaper because it was a custom b-stock 7-string V for only $399. I doubt I could find any kind of 7-string V with this quality for remotely the same price :lol:

Sick dude, I'm definitely looking into this. It's come to the point that I hardly play my FR guitars anymore because of the inherent tonal characteristics :p

I know what you mean...they have a thin kind of sound to them.

I can almost guarantee that if you put a brass block in you will once again love them. I don't even really play my LTD or Xiphos because of that thin sound(they are both stock), but my Jackson I can't put down...it sounds soooo much better.

If you get one and don't like it you can always sell it to me.

you can either remove the back plate or cut a hole in it so the trem can travel freely.

I removed the back plate from my Kelly the day I changed the first set of strings and it's been sitting in the closet since.

I also have the truss rod plate off (recording atm), I must remember to put that back on before I lose it.

s

I know what you mean...they have a thin kind of sound to them.

I can almost guarantee that if you put a brass block in you will once again love them. I don't even really play my LTD or Xiphos because of that thin sound(they are both stock), but my Jackson I can't put down...it sounds soooo much better.

If you get one and don't like it you can always sell it to me.

Are they removable? I have 2 FR guitars and while I'm at the moment unsure if I might sell one or not, so I only want to get one brass block for now, but since I want to use both guitars to record, I'd like to put the block in the one that's recording at the time, so could I swap it around? Or am I being ridiculous and not understanding here?

Thanks broseph.

I removed the back plate from my Kelly the day I changed the first set of strings and it's been sitting in the closet since.

I also have the truss rod plate off (recording atm), I must remember to put that back on before I lose it.

s

:lol: Most of my guitars are the same way. Back plate off (if it's a FR guitar), and truss rod covers off (some of them missing). I have since wisened up though and now grab plastic ziploc baggies and mark with a Sharpie "Jackson RR5" or whatever respective name belongs, and place all the parts/components of that guitar into that baggy, and I have those baggies sitting with all my guitar stuff (allen keys, spare pickups, etc.). Makes me a lot less stressed haha.

Are they removable? I have 2 FR guitars and while I'm at the moment unsure if I might sell one or not, so I only want to get one brass block for now, but since I want to use both guitars to record, I'd like to put the block in the one that's recording at the time, so could I swap it around? Or am I being ridiculous and not understanding here?

Thanks broseph.

Yes, totally removable.

Now to remove one you have to take off the saddles to get to the sustain block screws. There are 3 of them. Make sure you take a picture of the position your saddles are in before you take them off, that way when you put them back on they are relative to the position they were in before removale. Or else your intonation is going to be all out of whack. Also, make sure you put the correct saddle in the same string position. They have different heights to them to account for the curve of the fretboard.

You may already know this, but if not you will be scrathcing your head later wondering why the guitars set up is all out of spec when you thought you put it back together right.

Oh, there is also a shim in between the sustain block and the floyd's base plate, you don't need it, get rid of it. It's just another piece of metal that absorbs vibration. Theory is that that you get a better transfer of vibration with the sustain block directly touching the base plate instead of it touching the shim, which is then touching the base plate.