Guitar Player's Thread

So i got a little bit lucky today, a guy at work asked me (for some unknown reason) if i had a POD, he knew i played guitar though. Then i explained that i was thinking about buying one, and he said that i could borrow his for a while!Haven't tried it yet, but i'm happy :D

Did yeh do the vocal? If so, bravo, that was impressive! Work a little bit on it and it could become really good! And on the playing, well, it wasn't bad, but your tone sucked:p (imo)

:D Yeah, that's me singing.

Tone sucks, well thats because i recorded with an uber metal pedal :lol: Need me a POD or something

Playing is probably a little rough as i learn't the song when i recorded it :p Took me about 90 mins all up to finish up... so it was quite rushed.

Thanks anyway guys

I have a question for you guitar players.I play in a band and we play a mix of death and trash metal(or at least we try to)and we have a little problem,whicho is the following:there's no lead and rythm guitar,we the two guitarists both play solos and rythm parts,so we need to have the guitars in a similar level of voulme,which really sucks when playing solos,cuz it's almost impossible to hear them.What I'm asking is if there's any other solution to avoid that than creating another slot on the effects pedal with a higher sound for the solos because I have a Peavey 6505 head and as I really like the tone I don't have pedal,so I don't have ''another slot'' to have there a higher volume.This results in the annoying thing that in the cover songs where I play the lead guitar such as Silent Night Bodom Night ,solos and lead part are only a ghospel under the rythm guitar.Any advice appart from getting an effect pedal to have another slot/chanel whit higger volume???Thanks!

PD:I would also thank advice about Ibanez RG prestige series,especially about the RG1527 Prestige 7 strings model and the RG1570 Prestige and RG1820X Prestige.What do you think abput them?Has anyone tried them or knows the price?Thanks again.

I have a question for you guitar players.I play in a band and we play a mix of death and trash metal(or at least we try to)and we have a little problem,whicho is the following:there's no lead and rythm guitar,we the two guitarists both play solos and rythm parts,so we need to have the guitars in a similar level of voulme,which really sucks when playing solos,cuz it's almost impossible to hear them.What I'm asking is if there's any other solution to avoid that than creating another slot on the effects pedal with a higher sound for the solos because I have a Peavey 6505 head and as I really like the tone I don't have pedal,so I don't have ''another slot'' to have there a higher volume.This results in the annoying thing that in the cover songs where I play the lead guitar such as Silent Night Bodom Night ,solos and lead part are only a ghospel under the rythm guitar.Any advice appart from getting an effect pedal to have another slot/chanel whit higger volume???Thanks!

PD:I would also thank advice about Ibanez RG prestige series,especially about the RG1527 Prestige 7 strings model and the RG1570 Prestige and RG1820X Prestige.What do you think abput them?Has anyone tried them or knows the price?Thanks again.

You need to find a tone that cuts through, not volume wise. Another thing that helps is if the rest of the band aren't baning insanely hard on their instrument, cause that just makes you want to turn up the volume, and then they do it aswell and it keeps going on.

the other guy can turn the volume knob down on his guitar?

Then what's the point in having two guitars? :erk:

^Thin necks are awesome, maybe it's because you're used to your seven string? I would really like to try the Xiphos, but it's impossible to find one.

I used to play jackson, but the day i tried the JEM i was sold on Ibanez aswell!

I learned to play guitar on a strat, so a fatter neck is pretty much what I love. Thin necks cramp up my hands and I have very little control, and usually end up sounding all sloppy and shitty.

But yeah, the seven string is amazing. I don't see any reason to even own a six string anymore unless it's acoustic.

I've saved up some money, got some birthday money and gonna get some money if I do well in my exams. So in about 2 weeks im gonna go guitar shopping with about £500-600 ^___^. Probably gonna buy a neck through Ibanez RGDTXblahblahsomething. They usually cost under £500.