Guitar Player's Thread

No problem. I was thinking about getting myself one as my next guitar. Apparantly they're about £1000+ but I don't want to go spending £500 on my next guitar if there's no improvement from my current one. I don't know if I'll like neck but I'd probably test a RR in a shop first. Sorry to ramble on like this haha. :loco:
No need to say sorry... When you love music, that's more than comprehensible! :)
But I'd say not to be worried about your improvements: c'mon, I think you play almost every day, so I think that you could only become better!
And don't try to deny it... :)

Regarding to myself, I don't have any guitar... but I have a bass, my father's bass, it's a Fender, and is a JazzBass... I don't know if it can be used for every kind of music someone would decide to make, but I like its sound... it's a warm sound, I love it... I hear all the notes very clearly.
As I told time ago, now it's impossible, but one I'll try to make that instrument live again... it deserves to...
And then once my father had also a guitar, always a Fender but was a Stratocaster... that was the same guitar that had my loved Mark Knopfler, by Dire Straits!! (if I were you I would be very proud to be english, cause Dire Straits -that is my first musical myth- come frome England!!)...
But now don't know where that guitar is finished.... you could ask "How is it possible that you don't know it?", but the fact is that there's a difficult family-story under all.. but no explanation about it, don't worry! :saint:

Please don't get one of those crappy low end RR's. :erk:

oh, don't worry. i'm going to do my research before buying this guitar. i'm going to all the local guitar stores and testing out their jacksons. and i'm probably going to ask your advice, along with some others, before making the final purchase :)

I just strung up first strat copy thing with 4 strings tuned to EEEB. :D

I'm going to see if I can learn some of the "3 E's for Edward" song and record it. Plus, there's a low B so it's my personal heavy metal version, I might try and write something with it.

And no, I can't play Get Out Of My Yard. :erk:

yeah. i started teaching myself how to play the summer of 2005, and i gave up...haha. i should record what i can play and post it, you guys will definately laugh at me.

i sent me guitar into a professional to get set up ive got a floyd. This is my first gutiar with a floyd. He tuned it to drop D and i asked him to tune to DGCFAD. How do i tune down to it????? The intonation is also set to drop D adn this is really pissing me off he charged 75 bucks for it and he @#%$ it up! i didnt know he @#%$ it up till i got home and checked the tuning. Help please guys i know this is a noob question

Ugh, I still don't understand why people just go and buy guitars with floating bridges when they know NOTHING abou how they work, it just doesn't make sense.

You could either take it back and say I wanted D standard and not Drop D, fucking do it again, for free.

Or you could take of the nut pads and adjust the screws in the back of the guitar. You need to make sure that the plate that the screws are attatched to is level with the body and tune your guitar to E standard with the the tuning pegs.

Then when the guitar is in E and the plate in the back is level and the bridge is level too, you can tune it to D.

You want to LOWER the tuning so you need to LOWER the tension by loosening the springs in the back with a screwdriver. You'll see that the string go lower each time and the bridge will sink down. Turn the screwdriver twice and tune to D STANDARD. Then just keep turning the screwdriver but always makign sure it stays in D STANDARD and the bridge is level with the body.

After you've loosened it about an inch out, it'll probably stay in tune and the bridge will be level.

Ugh, I still don't understand why people just go and buy guitars with floating bridges when they know NOTHING abou how they work, it just doesn't make sense.

I know how a floating bridge works i did my reserach before i bought it and i want to learn how to do it myself i looked up internet articles and tried to do it myself. Nobodys born and knows how to tuen a floyd so you gotta learn it from somwhere and thanks for the help.

I know how a floating bridge works i did my reserach before i bought it and i want to learn how to do it myself i looked up internet articles and tried to do it myself. Nobodys born and knows how to tuen a floyd so you gotta learn it from somwhere and thanks for the help.

Well evidently you don't know how a Floyd works if you can't sort this out.
Yes, that sounds harsh but it's true.

I'm a hypocrite, I knew fuck all about them when I bought my first guitar with one but I just went for it and experiemented with it, now I can sort it out regardless of what happens to it. It's all about balance between the strings and springs, if you knew that, why are you asking? :confused:

Well you don't have to tune to E first all the time, that's not some kind of rule. But since it's now in DROP D, chances are, the plate in the back is going be be slightly uneven to compensate for that one lower string, at least that's how your kind supposed to do it so I said tune to E and even out that plate first so then you can take the whole thing down together.

question: how do you guys re-string your guitar? after you put the strings through the tuning peg, do you guys do that 90 degree bend? or do you first wrap the string around the peg a couple of times and then put it through the whole? or both?

i've heard that there are certain ways to re-string that will keep the strings in tune much longer. my friend says it's not true. but i just wanna know how you guys re-string.

Hmm i didn't know that Mystique, thanks. I normally wind it round about 2-3 times then put it through the hole, then tune... seems to work ok.