Guitar Player's Thread

I am looking into recording some stuff. How do I plug my guitar into my computer? What equipment do I need?

^ same here, i've never recorded anything onto my comp. and i don't know where the mic is...or if there is some kind of program that i need to record?

Coloured strings would look cool, purple yeah!

But I wouldn't buy them if they were more than £6.25, unless I was rich.

I'm using my DR 11-50's. I like em, they feel the same in D as 9's do in E. Plus, I lowered my action loads after I fixed my Lo-Pro bridge and it's the best it's ever been. The only difference I've really felt is when I do the whammy bar lift on a harmonic like Alexi/Herman Li and I can feel how stretchy the string is, the Ernie Balls felt kinda stiff.

I have two question: 1.in the back of my guitar, inside the plate below the knob, there is a place for battery( with one in it of course). What is the purpose of that^ its connected to the two knobs and the switch.
and 2. is it possible to put active pickup on a guitar who got passive^Cause i dont really see space for battery(except the one i told you) I have hz h4 but the sound is kinda meh after ive tried the 81 one, so maybe i will change.

DR strings lasted me twice as long as d'addario did i go through a set of strings a week and i kept those on there for three...i used 11-52

I use GHS 10-46 for Standard and Drop D
I use GHS Low Boomer 11-53 for D standard and Drop C

Oh oh oh, well.... I know that here I am a foreigner but.... your sig is cool, Rock Hydra... I like this more than your preceeding one! :)

*leaves the thread... fiuuu!*

is there a program where you can play the music on your computer (mp3s, wavs, etc) on which you can turn down the vocals and the bass so you can hear the guitars better? cuz i play all my music on iTunes and i'm pretty sure you can't mess with the sound on there. i remember winamp had all these pre-sets (or something?) you could mess with to get the bass really high and turn the vocals down and the treble down, etc.....but what do you guys use?

like for example if you're trying to tab out a song and you only want to hear the guitars.....

┼Victim of the Night┼;5545386 said:
Oh oh oh, well.... I know that here I am a foreigner but.... your sig is cool, Rock Hydra... I like this more than your preceeding one! :)

*leaves the thread... fiuuu!*

Thanks! :oops:

Though, Rocksanne was the mastermind behind that sig.

I started learning the sweeps in The Nail earlier, I haven't got round to actually playing them to a metronome yet but I think I need to make sure I've learnt it fully before I do that.