Guitar Player's Thread

no problem. btw, has anyone here played the Ibanez PGM301? I am considering purchasing it.... or any of the other gilbert models.

Hey everyone, I am technically new here but have been just viewing these forums for quite a while now. (so please, no n00b/gheyz0rz comments :) I am a guitar player and have been playing for about 2.5 years.

I just recently bought a used ADA MP1 just like Mitch :) and I was wondering if you could help me on some problems (since you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this stuff). When I plug my mp1 into a wall socket I see the tubes fire up but the led screen doesn't glow and I don't get any sound, just white noise :mad: . Is it a grounding problem or a internal problem in the mp1 such as the battery? An answer would be appreciated alot before I go to the old shop down the street pretty soon this week.

(btw, :kickass: :headbang: to Mitch, Epi, and anyone else who has contributed tabs. They have helped me alot and it felt like I was a moocher the whole time :)

Hey everyone, I am technically new here but have been just viewing these forums for quite a while now. (so please, no n00b/gheyz0rz comments :) I am a guitar player and have been playing for about 2.5 years.

I just recently bought a used ADA MP1 just like Mitch :) and I was wondering if you could help me on some problems (since you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this stuff). When I plug my mp1 into a wall socket I see the tubes fire up but the led screen doesn't glow and I don't get any sound, just white noise :mad: . Is it a grounding problem or a internal problem in the mp1 such as the battery? An answer would be appreciated alot before I go to the old shop down the street pretty soon this week.

(btw, :kickass: :headbang: to Mitch, Epi, and anyone else who has contributed tabs. They have helped me alot and it felt like I was a moocher the whole time :)

'Sup man.

My only guess would be that you're not using a poweramp and/or speakers? The MP1 doesn't have a speaker cab simulator so it'd be useless for "line in" recording with the computer. If you have the preamp going to a poweramp, you'd be able to hear it through the computer but of course you'd need speakers. If you're plugging the preamp straight into a set of speakers, then you'll need a poweramp.

I hope that's right and hopefully you've missed out something so when you add that missing piece, it'll work. :ill: I've only just started learning about all the rack gear myself but what I just said seems to make sense to me but I don't know exactly how you're setup so...

Try headphones and see if you can hear sound through them. If the lights are working, I wouldn't imagine it'd be the battery. Apparantly, they can last up to 8-10 years.

ANd I'm glad you enjoyed the tabs. :kickass:

Dude, I tried just about everything! I plug the mp1 into my old marshall combo but still nothing. The preamp's screen doesn't light up but the tubes do (they are fairly new I think). I've tried headphones but :erk:. Do I absolutely have to have a power amp? I planing to get a peavey 50/50 in about a month so I will see:) Just want that Racer X tone so badly:cry:

I also read your Paul Gilbert concert review a while back. That must of been fuckin amazing to see him live then meet the dude. He is definitely my favorite guitarist/inspiration. Hopefully one day I will see him in the states:headbang:

Hmm, well as I said, I'm pretty new to this stuff so I'm not sure if it's supposed to work in a combo or not but I'd imagine it should since they have a preamp, poweramp and speakers all in one. I actually have no idea what's going on then. Just take it to the shop and see they know what's goin' on.

And yeah, that day was just simply amazing. It is actually unbelievable how close I was. I could have strummed his guitar for him but that's a bit of a shitty thing to do, especially when he's trying to play, ya know.

What difference does it make if one of us have played it? It won't let YOU know how it feels and you can't exactly go by other people's opinions.

Most people that own one love it, simple as. Just go try one out if you can. If not, just fucking buy one anyway 'cause they're good (apparantly).

What difference does it make if one of us have played it? It won't let YOU know how it feels and you can't exactly go by other people's opinions.

Most people that own one love it, simple as. Just go try one out if you can. If not, just fucking buy one anyway 'cause they're good (apparantly).

AMEN!:worship:

As Mitch said, it's a good guitar, and if you have the ibanez playability just buy one, and you'll get used to it after a while. I dunno how good the Paf pickups are for Necro/arsis rythm playing though, so if you're planning to play that aswell, you might want to look for something else.

As Mitch said, it's a good guitar, and if you have the ibanez playability just buy one, and you'll get used to it after a while. I dunno how good the Paf pickups are for Necro/arsis rythm playing though, so if you're planning to play that aswell, you might want to look for something else.

Or simply do as Warheart told you....go test the goddamn guitar and stop listening to our opinions! No one can do that choice for you if you like it or not...everyone are so different!

Or simply do as Warheart told you....go test the goddamn guitar and stop listening to our opinions! No one can do that choice for you if you like it or not...everyone are so different!

No stores around me have it in stock. So how would I go about doing that?