Guitar Player's Thread

What the fuck, is your guitar even tuned to D standard?

And damn, learn some easy songs first before trying Bodom. You're clearly not ready for that stuff yet.

Don't mean to sound harsh but you will regret it in a few years, trust me.

Haha:D i think you mean my arm in Rebel yell...yeah it cramped in someway. fuck it hurted :S Well i can play pretty well with my wrist but not when 1)tired2)Hungry :D yeah well i play lot of things. I find norther songs pretty easy but i like to play bodom pretty much. yeah teh quality sucks teh ballz coz it was recorded on a logitech webcam =/ Well thx for watching :D yeah the dog owns! sorry bout your dog :cry:

A well.

My dog isn't dead if that's what you though (maybe i made it sound like that), it's just that i "moved" to another country for a while :loco:

:lol: I like the "heavy metal mode".

Last edited by a moderator:
jumping in guitar playing isn't always a bad thing

well in a way it will improve your technique but not composition wise.

looking back now i feel that learning lamb of god + bodom stuff improved my picking + technique but thats as far as that took me

What the fuck, is your guitar even tuned to D standard?

And damn, learn some easy songs first before trying Bodom. You're clearly not ready for that stuff yet.

Don't mean to sound harsh but you will regret it in a few years, trust me.

I swear i can do We're not gonna fall better :lol: well atleast you didnt say straight out i suck. Yeah my guitar is tuned in D standard. I Checked it right before i started playing!!!:O It cant have gotten untuned already! Its got to be just the vid quality...The problem is i like COB so much i dont know what else to play:lol: First i playd metallica,black sabbath,Dio and shit then i sort of moved on to some COB riffs but i play pretty much anythin nowadays. Norther,trivium,Bullet for my valentine,Arch enemy.

Haha:D i think you mean my arm in Rebel yell...yeah it cramped in someway. fuck it hurted :S Well i can play pretty well with my wrist but not when 1)tired2)Hungry :D yeah well i play lot of things. I find norther songs pretty easy but i like to play bodom pretty much. yeah teh quality sucks teh ballz coz it was recorded on a logitech webcam =/ Well thx for watching :D yeah the dog owns! sorry bout your dog :cry:

you find norther songs easy? please post a video of you playing one.

you play arch enemy on D standard. it obviously won't sound the same unless you transpose it.

Did i say i dont retune my guitar when i play other stuff? i play in C,DropC and standard D. And yeah well i will have to see with the norther stuff since its in E and i will have to start to hassle with my floyd if i tune it to E(I would guess) so ill leave that to later.

Did i say i dont retune my guitar when i play other stuff? i play in C,DropC and standard D. And yeah well i will have to see with the norther stuff since its in E and i will have to start to hassle with my floyd if i tune it to E(I would guess) so ill leave that to later.

transpose it! your floyd/neck will eventually get fucked as the guitar won't be used to the new string tension

I swear i can do We're not gonna fall better :lol: well atleast you didnt say straight out i suck. Yeah my guitar is tuned in D standard. I Checked it right before i started playing!!!:O It cant have gotten untuned already! Its got to be just the vid quality...The problem is i like COB so much i dont know what else to play:lol: First i playd metallica,black sabbath,Dio and shit then i sort of moved on to some COB riffs but i play pretty much anythin nowadays. Norther,trivium,Bullet for my valentine,Arch enemy.

Well if your guitar is in D, you're playing it in the wrong key. :erk:

It's in C#min.

jumping in guitar playing isn't always a bad thing

well in a way it will improve your technique but not composition wise.

looking back now i feel that learning lamb of god + bodom stuff improved my picking + technique but thats as far as that took me

It will make your technique worse. That is if you're trying to play it up to speed before you're ready. Playing a Bodom lick, or any super-shred-omg lick at your tempo is going to improve your technique though.

you dont have to play with the song in the back, just get a click and play the song.

It will make your technique worse. That is if you're trying to play it up to speed before you're ready. Playing a Bodom lick, or any super-shred-omg lick at your tempo is going to improve your technique though.

Hey...i dont find bodom licks too fast for me! I find those tempos easy to keep up i dont need to go all crazy with my hand to achieve such speed!:O I DID once play all songs ive learned by bodom slowly and then speeded them up. Maybe ill redo Children of bodom - Children of bodom tomorrow and show i can do better:lol: and ill turn my goddamn backing track volume lower then too!

start slow eventually work your way up - i think thats the most important thing

and years and years of practice

Well...If you started slow and at a pace comfortable for you, and it still ended up sloppy. Then you probably just have to improve your technique more.

^I swear i aint lying i started slow! I will remake COB - COB now ive decided. It got too sloppy.

It's not a competion, you don't have to prove to anyone else that you practiced it enough either. But you don't get correct pratice just by playing a lick slowly and then speeding it up instantly. There's very few people that can play 180bpm 16th notes cleanly after 1.5 years, and if they could, they would probably end up like francesco farreri, playing stupid stuff.