Guitar Player's Thread

Well...If you started slow and at a pace comfortable for you, and it still ended up sloppy. Then you probably just have to improve your technique more.

That particular video ended up sloppy. I gotta remake it for that. And i gotta fix my Volume so you can hear me perfectly AND put on some better amp settings so my cam wont freak out :D

It's not a competion, you don't have to prove to anyone else that you practiced it enough either. But you don't get correct pratice just by playing a lick slowly and then speeding it up instantly. There's very few people that can play 180bpm 16th notes cleanly after 1.5 years, and if they could, they would probably end up like francesco farreri, playing stupid stuff.

Yeah francesco is horrilbe :erk: Nah ill just practice those licks a bit more. Sure ive practiced them enough but that video fucked up. Well it just shows me ---->More practice. I dont mean to sound cocky though. I appreciate advice much. BUT i need to remake it and prove to MYSELF that i can do better than that video :) One thing i didnt practice so i could play is the solo :D but thats a thing i guess youve counted out :lol:

Yeah francesco is horrilbe :erk: Nah ill just practice those licks a bit more. Sure ive practiced them enough but that video fucked up. Well it just shows me ---->More practice. I dont mean to sound cocky though. I appreciate advice much. BUT i need to remake it and prove to MYSELF that i can do better than that video :) One thing i didnt practice so i could play is the solo :D but thats a thing i guess youve counted out :lol:

You can never practice something enough. Sounds really cliché, but even guys who've played 10+ years could always improve.

You can never practice something enough. Sounds really cliché, but even guys who've played 10+ years could always improve.

Too true:) Damn i bet everyone who has seen those movies now think im a really bad player:erk: Well shit happens and that only means ...more practice:lol: Well i can play the Bed of razors solo pretty well but i wont record it. needs to be a bit cleaner. Im just gonna Concentrate on Children of bodom - Children of bodom.

i have a question regarding theory

what exactly is the diminished scale is it adding the flat 5 or the major sixth to a pentatonic?

the D minor arpeggio has the notes D F A
the D diminshed arpeggio has the notes D F G# B

someone explain to me please

what exactly is the diminished scale is it adding the flat 5 or the major sixth to a pentatonic?

I dont know Ij ust know the chord has three half steps between each note,hehe

A diminished SCALE is also known as the "half-whole" scale because that's how you calculate the intervals.

It's whole step first, then half etc.

The D Diminished scale would be:

D, E, F, G, Ab, Bb, Cb, Db, D.

Or.

D, E, F, G, Ab, Bb, B, C#, D.

A diminished SCALE is also known as the "half-whole" scale because that's how you calculate the intervals.

It's whole step first, then half etc.

The D Diminished scale would be:

D, E, F, G, Ab, Bb, Cb, Db, D.

Or.

D, E, F, G, Ab, Bb, B, C#, D.

thanx mate

but isn't that an awfully large number of notes i mean 9 intervals

so create a pentatonic out of them using the 1 3 4 5 7 intervals to solo?

thanx mate

but isn't that an awfully large number of notes i mean 9 intervals

so create a pentatonic out of them using the 1 3 4 5 7 intervals to solo?

There's only 8 but yeah, it's one extra because you're using a specific interval pattern. It's fine.

You could create a pentatonic scale out of it yeah but it'd sound pretty shit. You'd probably only use it over a diminished chord or a min7b5 or something so don't worry too much about learning it all over the neck.

Just play a full dimished arpeggio with a added b9 and you'll have 5 notes.

well only a year and a half (almost) and you already have a rr24...and your not to great...

Yeah...If you have extra money and know waht you want...why not get it?

give it time a year and a half is nothing!!! don't expect to be awesome in such a short period of time

btw emptifier how long you playing?

Yeah i hope im not fuckin lagging behind...well i just gotta let time show i guess.