Guitar Player's Thread

It's insanely hard. I've just been reading some forums/threads on it and everyone's saying just get a pro to do it because you'll never get it as good as that. Multi coloured swirl jobs take years and years of experimenting to get good at. Apparantly, you need to know "the secret" otherwise it'll just turn out shit.

After seeing that video, though, it might make it a bit easier since you can see how it's done. You just need to know what's in the water.

Check out this page too see some fucking amazing looking finishes.

http://fededesigns.com/guitarswirls.cfm

680726.jpg

680730.jpg

509674.jpg

509631.jpg

Absolutely stunning!!!

Yeah, I imagined it was insanely hard, but it does look easy.

It should say somewhere what's actually in the "water" though.

^ all these swirl painted JEMs are so nice, that video showing the process was amazing: Just incredible how the paint was just absorbed by the guitar body. The green and black one is really hot, and thats coming from a guy who doesn't particularly like JEMs :lol: It would be 10x better though if it had gold hardware.

And yet you have 2 of them in your avatar :p

Well the concept is easy...just dip your guitar in water with paint in it but getting an even swirl and getting the mix of colours right would be hard.

I might just buy one off Ebay sometime and add the other stuff myself.

And I dno where else to post it but here's a pic of Killswitch's drummer...

4kk4up3.jpg

Lawlz?

Pheonix said:
@inhe Deja Vu!! Yeah well from the size of it you can't see the main the thing I hate about them, and they look more like RGs.

What do you hate about them? Apart from the boring white colour. :p

@inhe :lol: Deja Vu!! Yeah well from the size of it you can't see the main the thing I hate about them, and they look more like RGs.

Haha :lol:

The freakin' hole in it!! Monkey handle thing just makes it look kinda ugly imo. I also think the white does look abit boring but I guess the gold Hw brings it to life, plus Teemu's blue one is schweeet!

Apart from the whole being totally awesome part of it, it's quite handy aswell, it's easier to pick up the guitar!

When seeing all these swirlpainted JEM's I feel like my white one is looking boring, so maybe i'll end up getting it painted!

I think the handle is actually pretty cool. And the Lion's Claw trem cavity.

The blue one is nice but nothing compared to the swirls. Or Alexi's green bevel RR. :oops:

Cool stuff, didn't know about this! Some parts are obviously not for real, but still awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ What the fuck was that? The Michael Angelo Batio biography :lol:

A guy who makes a pact with the devil, played by MAB, for awesome guitar skills. The audio part of the guitar playing is by MAB, and i think he also plays them, since it's the same picking hand, so it's not like Crossroads.