Guitar Player's Thread

What do you guys do if you want to play a song which is played with a D tuning but your guitar (with a Floyd Rose!! )is tuned to E? It's pretty annoying to fix the trem every time you want to change the tuning. Aren't there any other solutions ?

What do you guys do if you want to play a song which is played with a D tuning but your guitar (with a Floyd Rose!! )is tuned to E? It's pretty annoying to fix the trem every time you want to change the tuning. Aren't there any other solutions ?

If you have guitar pro, you can change the tuning of every instrument, and you will learn the correct positions anyway. You can also use programs like Amazing slowdowner or Transcribe and change the pitch of the song.

If you have guitar pro, you can change the tuning of every instrument, and you will learn the correct positions anyway. You can also use programs like Amazing slowdowner or Transcribe and change the pitch of the song.

The thing that you can change the tunings on each guitar thing aint so good....it can totally change the song...but if you dont wanna do it yourself then its fine

The thing that you can change the tunings on each guitar thing aint so good....it can totally change the song...but if you dont wanna do it yourself then its fine

It's better than spending ages fucking up your floyd rose.

What teh fuck are you talking about? Changing the tuning won't change the intervals of the notes, and unless you have absolute pitch, you won't hear the difference. The thing is if you learn it that way, you will learn the correct positions, so when you finally tune your guitar to the correct tuning, it will sound like it should.

i think he meant to say that changing tuning will change the song in it atmosphere. thats true but it wont change the song it self the intervals like Mitch said.

i think he meant to say that changing tuning will change the song in it atmosphere. thats true but it wont change the song it self the intervals like Mitch said.

Exactly...sorry for the bad grammar...The song just wont sound that much alike. Some songs become barely playable...but tats just some. I just prefer not to use it. Good sometimes i guess.

Exactly...sorry for the bad grammar...The song just wont sound that much alike. Some songs become barely playable...but tats just some. I just prefer not to use it. Good sometimes i guess.

You still don't have any idea what you're talking about. They will play exactly the same, and will sound the same unless you have perfect pitch (or you just listened to the song with the original tuning)

You still don't have any idea what you're talking about. They will play exactly the same, and will sound the same unless you have perfect pitch (or you just listened to the song with the original tuning)

i dont know what the hell world you are from but on mine it starts to sound shit....sure it sounds alike but sounds shit. depends on what tuning you try tu put it and on the song. well lets just say i dont like that function so much...i much rather tune my guitar to the tuning...even though its pretty fuckin annoying.

My computer has a thing where you can change the whole pitch of the sound so I just do that.

i dont know what the hell world you are from but on mine it starts to sound shit....sure it sounds alike but sounds shit. depends on what tuning you try tu put it and on the song. well lets just say i dont like that function so much...i much rather tune my guitar to the tuning...even though its pretty fuckin annoying.

So basically what you've been saying is in no way helping the guy who asked the question :lol: and for the record if you're going to play along to song, it's pretty pointless playing in the wrong tuning.

Imo, there's no real solution to the problem. It's either a case of putting up with the fact you will have to keep changing the tuning, or you could invest in a backup guitar so you will have two guitars with different tunnings.

^ Tr00, but you can just put a capo on the 2nd fret on every instrument in Guitar Pro, saying that you are trying to play a song in D Standard when you are really tuned to E, that way, you can stay in the same transcription position and Guitar Pro will be in harmony with your guitar.

This is what I use. I found it on my computer
awesome2.jpg

So basically what you've been saying is in no way helping the guy who asked the question :lol: and for the record if you're going to play along to song, it's pretty pointless playing in the wrong tuning.

Imo, there's no real solution to the problem. It's either a case of putting up with the fact you will have to keep changing the tuning, or you could invest in a backup guitar so you will have two guitars with different tunnings.

there is a way but yep it can sound like arse in some situations:D Look i played Rebel yell all fucked up if thats what you mean:lol: well shit the same thats history but i dont know what you meant. I usually have my guitar in D or Drop C so its pretty easy to switch between the 2 tunings for me. I have a Ibanez GRG as backup right now but i never use it coz its kinda shit:erk: The bridge is too high and if you lower it then the strings touch the frets so theres only a click in the sound...if you have it as high it is its fuckin high action on frets 10-24 :D any solutions? the places where u higher bridge are so worn out you cant do anything to it anymore but. Tremolo is set up right though.

The bridge is too high and if you lower it then the strings touch the frets so theres only a click in the sound...if you have it as high it is its fuckin high action on frets 10-24 :D any solutions? the places where u higher bridge are so worn out you cant do anything to it anymore but. Tremolo is set up right though.

Set up the truss rod on the guitar.

Hey, did you get my private message on the JGP forum?

What is it that sounds wrong with this tab?

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7AA3B71B4B535B11

Kind of a hassle if you just want to play along to one lick though.