Guitar Player's Thread

Kind of a hassle if you just want to play along to one lick though.

Transpose the lick by playing it a whole tone lower...

I was kind of under the impression that this kid was talking about playing multiple songs in a different tuning.

And anyway, my point still stands. People that have a trem should fucking learn how to use the damn thing instead of just constantly complaining "omg why is it out of ch00n?" "aMg da br!Dg£ !z W0nkeE!!".

I won't do my usual and write a giant fucking lecture but if people understood how to fix their "problems", then they might gain an appreciation for trems.

Or change the tuning, takes about as long time (no time at all).

Doesn't seem like anyone gets my point, so why do i even bother.

I know exactly what you're talking about but he wasn't talking about Guitar Pro. He probably wants to play along with the CD.

A solution to doing it that way would just be to import it into, say, Cool Edit Pro and transpose it up to E with the transpose function.

I know exactly what you're talking about but he wasn't talking about Guitar Pro. He probably wants to play along with the CD.

A solution to doing it that way would just be to import it into, say, Cool Edit Pro and transpose it up to E with the transpose function.

Ah okey. I think i made i pretty clear that i was talking about guitar pro, if i didn't, then that sawks. You could use transcribe or amazing slowdowner to change pitch aswell.

Yea idk why they picked that green and gold hardware but with MS paint u can change anything lol. its a nicer look, like the pinstripe V. just need a job :lol:
l_d18ffbb1823e7093030925113b2b55f0.jpg

Yeah, you did make it clear you were talking about GP but I just don't THINK that's what Snowy meant. If he did, then this whole page was a waste of time/space. :p

Macharius88, you bitch. Now I have to write POSTJUMP!!! :lol:

:p

This has reminded me that I was thinking of getting a Hard-tail guitar now :p I never really find myself using my trem that much anyway so yeah...plus it would make a useful backup guitar.

Yeah, you did make it clear you were talking about GP but I just don't THINK that's what Snowy meant. If he did, then this whole page was a waste of time/space. :p

Macharius88, you bitch. Now I have to write POSTJUMP!!! :lol:

:p

I just love wasting time and arguing about stooped shite though :loco:

This has reminded me that I was thinking of getting a Hard-tail guitar now :p I never really find myself using my trem that much anyway so yeah...plus it would make a useful backup guitar.

I've been looking into some cheap kind of RG with a hardtail, and preferebly with a pickguard.

im thinkin of getting the ibanez rg370DX and getting it painted like the old petrucci model

anyone played one of these?
yes, its a nice guitar, for beginner. it has nothing special, its cheap, it serves well for some time then it starts to fall apart.
also don't expect to get awesome tone with stock pickups out of it.

over all good guitar to begin with and move to something better.

^ well he did say he was using it for a project so I don't know if he will upgrade the pickups aswel. But, being a beginner guitar I assume its pretty cheap and therefore an excellent choice to make a project out of.

I was thinking of getting an ESP H1001 LTD Horizon Deluxe for my hardtail guitar. The fact that it comes with an EMG 81/85 setup = big bonus ^^.

h-1001_BLK.jpg

I was thinking of getting an ESP H1001 LTD Horizon Deluxe for my hardtail guitar. The fact that it comes with an EMG 81/85 setup = big bonus ^^.

h-1001_BLK.jpg

I thought you were a dimarzio guy?

I've been looking at some RG's on ebay, but i can't seem to find any that looks the way i want or ships to Europe.

Oh yeah Dimarzio are definately may favourite pickups. But EMGs are better than the usual stock pickups. And yeah I looked at the hard tail RGs aswell and I dont really like how they look. Apart from maybe the PGM but then that's £200 more than the ESP.

h-1001_BLK.jpg

I hate the binding on that, looks tacky :erk: From what I hear though it's not a bad all-round guitar, and the fact it's a string-thru means it should have killer sustain.