Guitar Player's Thread

Any Nocturnal Rites fans on here? Nils is great guitar player, and some of his solos on the new album The 8th Sin are killer. I was thinking of tabbing some out if anyone on here is interested.

umm i got the epiphone pr-4e acoustic/electric pack, and 1)i dont get how to do the strap! theres on button for it but then the other end of the actual strap has these strings but i dont know where to tie it because there isnt another strap button. and the input jack shorts out when i move it in certain places how gay! i can see that it sort of pops out a little

umm, tie it aroun the fucking headstock lol

lol, the last three pages are about gear. Anyways, I bought a ada microtube poweramp of ebay about a week ago. All I need now is a cab (marshall most likely) and I am complete. I think I asked this before but which speaker is better, the celestion 30 or the 75? Unfortunately I have no ways of testing them myself so opinions would help.

where would you recommend I get them from?

I was actually joking. It's really safe to buy a guitar from ebay if it's a seller that has a lot of positive feedback aswell as using paypal. So just look into the seller, e-mail him some questions before bidding.

ruins said:
what are you talking about?

The COB forum jam, number 2.

We did one a few months ago over a G blues BT and we were going to do another one straight after but noone recorded anything so I called it off.

You can listen to the first one here.

Spiral Slave said:
Is that from that special covers gig Sinergy did?

Nope.

Spiral Slave said:
Just watched some recent videos of DragonForce live on youtube, and I'm glad to see they are finally cleaning up their live act. They actually sounded pretty damn good.

Well Herman has said that Sam drinks for 3 hours before every show so he's definitely not sober. (@ andretti's post).

This is a very cool video but Sam and Herman still need to start getting those solos sounding like the album. I would love to hear a cover of a DF by Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai or something. Obviously, their raw technique is fucking loads better than the DF guys so it'd sound even better.

Altitudes said:
which speaker is better, the celestion 30 or the 75?

I don't KNOW but I always hear the 30 mentioned so it might be the more popular one which COULD mean it's better. Try finding a forum that has a discussion about it, I usually do.

SteveMCsteve said:
is it safe to buy guitars on eBay, like the edward guitars?

Yeah. Like inhe said, check their feedback and read the whole page before considering it so you can see if they're decent. If they're an official Ebay store, then there's pretty much nothing to worry about. I bought my RG770 2nd hand off Ebay with no problems at all.

This is a very cool video but Sam and Herman still need to start getting those solos sounding like the album. I would love to hear a cover of a DF by Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai or something. Obviously, their raw technique is fucking loads better than the DF guys so it'd sound even better.

I agree with you. I was gonna post a link to that video, but then I realized you were the one who uploaded it. :erk: Also, speaking of DragonForce is anyone interested in the tab I have of the licks and riffs Herman and Sam showed in " Total Guitar? "

I believe it's the intro to Fury Of The Storm, main riff of Valley Of The Damned, and then Sam and Herman's solos in Revelations.

Their drummer is good, that is what I will admit. And the keyboardist is a fucking badass, but sadly, the guitarists arent at all.
btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcE3B9YmXsg
My buddies Mutiny released this video recording guitars. Keep in mind they are all under 21 years old. And the kid with the short, curly hair is only fucking 17. Despite their age, they are very good at writing solos.

i dont like DF's music either its kind of boring and gay

the chinese fag and sam only have technique. sometimes its pretty good

Ofcourse they have technique, anyone who plays guitar has it. It's what guitarists use to play the notes. Their level of technique can easily be surpassed if you have played for a few years, with correct practice ofcourse.

Ofcourse they have technique, anyone who plays guitar has it. It's what guitarists use to play the notes. Their level of technique can easily be surpassed if you have played for a few years, with correct practice ofcourse.

what i was trying to say was that it is their technique that surpasses their composition skills which isn't as great.