Guitar Player's Thread

Noone wanted to do it. We got a list of like 25 people and none of the bastards came back to actually do it so I dno.

It'd be superb if we had another one, I'd love to actually take part this time to, but I'm so goddamn busy these days.

Any Nocturnal Rites fans on here? Nils is great guitar player, and some of his solos on the new album The 8th Sin are killer. I was thinking of tabbing some out if anyone on here is interested.

Yeah I like Nocturnal Rites they're fucking awesome :D saw them live last summer, a spectacular show. I totally agree about Nils, it's a shame he is so underrated/unknown. I didn't even know they had a new release, tbh I don't really follow much news wise but i'll see about getting a hold of the album.

I'll be going to Florida for like 2 weeks in the end of July, I don't suppose you could recommend me of any guitar stores could you? :p There's no way in hell I'll be able to survive 2 weeks without guitar again :cry:

no, we just dislike them live. There is a huge difference.

:lol: speak for yourself :p Dragonforce have some real cool material, but I do think they have there downpoints, excluding live performance though. Some videos I've seen are total shit I'll admit, but when I saw them they were pretty fucking amazing :kickass: . Downpoints would be the happiness and repetitiveness of the songs. I can do happy, just not like that.

:Smokin:

Spiral Slave said:
I agree with you. I was gonna post a link to that video, but then I realized you were the one who uploaded it. Also, speaking of DragonForce is anyone interested in the tab I have of the licks and riffs Herman and Sam showed in " Total Guitar? "

I believe it's the intro to Fury Of The Storm, main riff of Valley Of The Damned, and then Sam and Herman's solos in Revelations.

I would be interested, definitely.

failure_of_threads said:
sorry but everyone hate DF here

No, everyone here hates you.

Earth Breather said:
My buddies Mutiny released this video recording guitars. Keep in mind they are all under 21 years old. And the kid with the short, curly hair is only fucking 17. Despite their age, they are very good at writing solos.

I'd say it's the other way around, their playing is good but their solos are boring. Sweep after tap after sweep after tap.

For some reason, PG's old solos and Muhammed's solos are bearable but stuff like that send me to sleep.

Night Reaper said:
fuckin fuck shit fuck cock balls fuckin shit ass
i have a marshall hafe stack amp like 2 feets from me but i dont how to run it hahahahahahah !!!!!!!!!! *rages*

Please stop posting.

Haha, well the lessons are from Herman and Sam themselves, but some of it does seem a bit off. Alright well I gotta run I'll post 'em tommorow for you

Well yeah but the tabs that appear in the book are still put there by TG staff and sometimes, they do get it wrong. :erk:

Their drummer is good, that is what I will admit. And the keyboardist is a fucking badass, but sadly, the guitarists arent at all.
btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcE3B9YmXsg
My buddies Mutiny released this video recording guitars. Keep in mind they are all under 21 years old. And the kid with the short, curly hair is only fucking 17. Despite their age, they are very good at writing solos.

That looks like an amazing recording studio, and he is pretty good

Bearable? Who's solos do you frefer then, composition wise?

Paul's. But I meant back in the 80's, Paul just played as fast as he could while not really paying attention to the rhythm of the guitars or drums, as long as he stopped at the right time and stayed in key, that's all that mattered. Yet, to me, that sounds amazing.

Muhammed also just seems to play arpeggio after arpeggio with a few harmonic minor scale runs and bends in between but again, I seem to love his solos and all the others that the other guy played. I think it has something to do with the slower speed, he doesn't often play them as fast as possible so it sounds more melodic that a big blur of notes like Rusty Cooley's sweeps do.

Paul's. But I meant back in the 80's, Paul just played as fast as he could while not really paying attention to the rhythm of the guitars or drums, as long as he stopped at the right time and stayed in key, that's all that mattered. Yet, to me, that sounds amazing.

Muhammed also just seems to play arpeggio after arpeggio with a few harmonic minor scale runs and bends in between but again, I seem to love his solos and all the others that the other guy played. I think it has something to do with the slower speed, he doesn't often play them as fast as possible so it sounds more melodic that a big blur of notes like Rusty Cooley's sweeps do.

The speed doesn't matter, as long as it sounds rythmically correct, like it does if you listen to that old video where Paul is playing YRO with his old band.

To me, paul had a better tone in Street Lethal/SH. I like the aggressive tone and that you can hear every tone. It's just like Muhammed said in an inteview about Epitaph, "I had to get a tone fat enough so that you could hear every note." If you have a good technique, you can get most things to sound good.

I'm not talking about tone, I'm talking about speed. The speed in which you play something has an affect on how it sounds. The arpeggios that Muhammed plays sound better to me because they're slower.

I'm not talking about tone, I'm talking about speed. The speed in which you play something has an affect on how it sounds. The arpeggios that Muhammed plays sound better to me because they're slower.

I agree, because the speed, 16th triplets at 120, is the speed where the tone and timing is perfect for Muhammed. But Paul could play 16 triplets at 150bpm (probably even faster) and still have that aggresive pick attack, which i think sound awesome. The reason why i don't like Rusty's technique, is because it sounds a bit off the rythm and doesn't have the same strong attack as Paul has.

If you have a guitar head with output 8 then you can hook it up with 16 ohm cab right? But will the head be louder with the 8 ohm cab than the 16 ohm one?

Somebody tell me a song with some good sweeps to practise your sweeping technique with, please. I'm not that much familiar with other great metal bands than COB so.. :lol: