Guitar Player's Thread

Ok so a Japanese Jackson RR-J2SP in black, gold hardware and yellow bevels would cost me £918. :O

£713 for the guitar itself, £88 shipping, £10 bank fee, £6 Int'l free, £2 insurance and £98 for a hard case instead of a soft one. Then I've still gotta worry about customs when it gets here.

I'll be able to afford all of that when I get paid next so I might get it...

I presume you got that from Ikebe-Gakki store, right?

Ishibashi won't charge you those Int'l fees, and shipping and bank fee will be lower too.

Customs are roughly 25% on top of the guitar+shipping ;).

I'm not sure, I was emailing RIYO-TSUJI at tsuji@ikebe.co.jp.

I asked him if he could calculate the price in advance so I knew how much to prepare and that's what he gave me.

25% on top would be £200? Fuck. I only paid £40 for my MP-1. :(

Well I'm guessing he's pretty close with his calculations and so give or take £20 here and there and I'm happy. I can just borrow the money off of someone when I'm required to fork out another £200 but I think I'll go ahead with it in about 2 weeks.

Fuck, 10:38, should be leaving for work. Cheerio.

I think you're making a good choice, even though i haven't tried the RR-J2SP, i just looks better and more like a real guitar instead of a piece of plastic.

Nazgul said:
Cool, don't forget it has 1 5/8" nut width. That's 1.7mm narrower than your Ibanez, it may not sound much, but you can definitely feel it.

Is that a bad thing? Does your Jackson have that nut too? And if so, how does it feel in comparison?

inhe said:
I think you're making a good choice, even though i haven't tried the RR-J2SP, i just looks better and more like a real guitar instead of a piece of plastic.

Yeah, I can see the "plasticy" quality in the RR24's. I don't think I still want one.

Kattana said:
mitch, i thought you worked at Co-Op, how do you get that sort of money from co op :lol:

Nah mate, fucking Tesco. :D

I'm on 5.97 an hour, I get paid for 37.5 hours a week, plus about 5.5 on a Sunday which is time and a half so that's about 8.96 an hour for that day. I work more than a contracted full-timer!!! (They do 36.5 hours because they get 1 "short day" during the week, I don't)

I'm doing 12-10 this Sunday and about 2 Sundays ago, I did 4-12 which is more than time-n-a-half after 10 'cause it's classed as Night Premium pay.

Fuck yeah.

Btw,

£5.97 x 7.5 (1.5 un-paid break) = £44.78 [1 day]

£44.78 x 5 = £223.90 [1 week]

Sunday overtime 4-10 = £49.28

Average weekly pay = £273.18

Average monthly pay = £1,092.72.

Is that a bad thing? Does your Jackson have that nut too? And if so, how does it feel in comparison?

Definitely not a bad thing. It's just different. It's more like a preference thing. I know Ben Johnson prefers 1 5/8" over 1 11/16" ;). I have a RR-J2SP with 1 5/8" nut and Jackson RR PRO with 1 11/16" nut width.
RR-J2SP is narrower and the strings are closer. What I don't like is that sometimes on arpeggios or taps, the highest string slips off the fretboard on pull-off/hammer-on part :erk:. Or maybe I just fret too hard and that what makes the string slip, I don't know. That never happens on my RR PRO though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of it or anything, guitar is really awesome, but I suggest you try a guitar with 1 5/8" nut somewhere first to see if you like it or not. I think Fenders have nut width like that.

You could also order a semi-custom Jackson Stars from Ishibashi web-shop. 1 11/16" nut width is another 3000yen or so and you can get green pinstripes for it instead of yellow bevels ;). And white binding instead of ivoroid ;). Doesn't hurt to ask for a price, but there's a 3-4moths wait.

PS: Did you get my PM on JGP board?

Get a loomis signature! Nah, I see where you are coming from though. Having played a strat style for some years now I would like a V guitar. Maybe one day I'l get a loomis sig. That is when I finally work full time and not just part time.

You could also order a semi-custom Jackson Stars from Ishibashi web-shop. 1 11/16" nut width is another 3000yen or so and you can get green pinstripes for it instead of yellow bevels ;). And white binding instead of ivoroid ;). Doesn't hurt to ask for a price, but there's a 3-4moths wait.

Sounds cool. I'd have to see a picture of it first before I even considered it though. And I think my Ibanez might have a smaller nut than my BC Rich because I noticed a difference when I got it and I had to adapt. I also have a strat copy which might be the same so if that's the case, then it probably won't bother me at all.

And those pics, I though you meant just of the WildChild Jackson, not every Jackson. If that was the case, I'd have just as many. :erk:

I can't upload that vid, I'm afraid.

I'd have to see a picture of it first before I even considered it though.

Picture of what?

And I think my Ibanez might have a smaller nut than my BC Rich because I noticed a difference when I got it and I had to adapt. I also have a strat copy which might be the same so if that's the case, then it probably won't bother me at all.

No problem then :).

I can't upload that vid, I'm afraid.

Why not? Will you be able to upload it sometime in the future?