Guitar Player's Thread

Who says "you fail" in a music discussion thread? Lighten up. At least think of something more intelligent to say. I didn't claim he was unmusical yet "not very". I only watched 10 minutes into the vid and I wasn't impressed with his sense of melody. Sounded like lots of wanking and tapping. After listening to the rest of it today, where he shows demonstrations from songs, I will say that he does have melody and is a pretty good player. Besides his technical ablity, he is the funniest guitarist I have seen :lol:

Maybe you need to get to know me or spend some more quality on this forum, but saying "you fail" is me making fun of the retarded people who say it on this board, i was in no way seriously attacking you. People are entitled to opinions.

Maybe you need to get to know me or spend some more quality on this forum, but saying "you fail" is me making fun of the retarded people who say it on this board, i was in no way seriously attacking you. People are entitled to opinions.

Then no hard feelings :oops: I just see alot of these "you fail" shit posted everywhere. I am not retarded :cry:

Check out this guy, playing Bliztkrieg by Malmsteen:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

His a member on JCF forum and he's been playing since 2003
Check out his other videos too and soundclick page (with his own songs):
http://www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Really talented I say :cool:.

I see him on the Steve Smyth forums aswell. His alt picking is unreal! Check out his other youtube vids!

Last edited by a moderator:
Then no hard feelings :oops: I just see alot of these "you fail" shit posted everywhere. I am not retarded :cry:

What i meant was that me saying "you fail" is me making fun of the people who say "you fail" on this board. :lol:

His alt picking is unreal! Check out his other youtube vids!

I noticed he picks with just the thumb movement...kinda like Francesco Fareri...I think that allows faster speeds than playing with your wrist. But it's hard to learn once you are used to playing with your wrist :erk:.

Yeah, check out other videos aswell! Great George Lynch solos too!

I noticed he picks with just the thumb movement...kinda like Francesco Fareri...I think that allows faster speeds than playing with your wrist. But it's hard to learn once you are used to playing with your wrist :erk:.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I play with my wrist and after watching players like him, you mentioned Fareri, I am pretty motivated to try it. It's hard as fuck to alter your picking technique after you have been playing for years with your wrist.

i play with my arm :erk: i can only do slow things with my wrist, i havnt really been practicing it. but i got this dvd where this guy breaks down all these joe satch songs and im learning surfing with the alien, that song is damn fun! nice bluesy stuff hella fun

oh ya, im rebuilding my kramer guitar, because its completely demolished. im gonna put a new gold OFR in, new electronics, new tone knobs volume knob etc. etc. should be great after im done. im gonna put in emg's i know im gonna put a EMG HZ in the bridge, but im unsure about the two single coils, i dont know what single coils are good from EMG i know the sa's are good but are they only for strats? or s shaped bodies

By arm, I understand you play with your elbow (it can be only elbow or wrist, they are both part of the arm lol)...that's wrong. I think I read somewhere you can hurt yourself. Here's something I've found now:

# Wrist, Not Elbow.
One of the most common mistakes made by guitarists first picking up the guitar is to strum the guitar by using the elbow instead of the wrist. Your wrist is the only joint on your arm that should be moving as you strum across the sound hole/pick ups. Strumming with your elbow -- or even worse, with your shoulder -- will substantially limit the the amount of precision you have when strumming, and hence can hinder the rhythm of your music.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/getting_to_know_your_guitar_part_2.html

I cant pick with thumbs. Only with wrist :erk: Well that spastic arm thingy was really easy for me to get rid of. Turns out i just tríed to pay attention to my picking technique a while till it was automatic that i didnt spastic anymore :D