Guitar Player's Thread

Sounds pretty cheap to me, actually. I don't see why not.

And My BC Rich is one of the best guitars I've played. You can have the action like 1mm high and it won't buzz at all, easily beats my friends prestige Ibanez RG.

^^wow sounds like your Warlock is amazing to play. Well yeah the RG was fairly cheap so i wont be a asshole and tell its not worth it :D Btw what model is it? and how much did it cost? I once thought bout getting the kerry king signature warlock...its pretty hawt. Actually i might just get it next year or then ill save up for a better guitar. While we are on the subject...are kahler X tremolos good?:O

So, been learning the song Punish My Heaven lately.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/dark_tranquillity/punish_my_heaven_ver2_guitar_pro.htm

On the 3rd verse guitar 2, how the fuck are you suppose to palm mute that riff so fast? it's basically impossible for me to down pick that riff that fast. Im guessing I should be playing it like down stroke on the palm mute, then up stroke on the next note and repeat? But nargh... whenever I try that it's sloppy as fuck, even really slow. What should I do?

S S S S S S S S E E E E S S S S S S S S E S S S E E
-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
------7---10---7---8--7--5--7--|------7---10---7---8--7-8-7------|
--0-8---8----8---8-------------|--0-8---8----8---8----------10--8|

Thats the riff btw if noone has GP.

Work on your alternate picking, and everything you play will be so much easier. Like that riff for example, I have no problem pulling it off using alternate picking. Downpicking on the other hand, I 'm lucky if I can get it at 75% speed.

I'm fine with alternate picking on single strings, it's just hard doing it on 2 strings and lifting your hand on and off for the palm mute at those kind of speeds, seems so sloppy for me lol, I guess i'll keep practicing.

I'm fine with alternate picking on single strings, it's just hard doing it on 2 strings and lifting your hand on and off for the palm mute at those kind of speeds, seems so sloppy for me lol, I guess i'll keep practicing.

You shouldn't need to lift of your hand though, and it's all about practice.

hmm i dont know .. i never had to practise alternate picking, it was just.. "naturally" to me.. i could do it from the beginning ;)
not the same with sweeping tho :/
:D

hmm i dont know .. i never had to practise alternate picking, it was just.. "naturally" to me.. i could do it from the beginning ;)
not the same with sweeping tho :/
:D

You're sweeping looks fine to me!!! I doubt sweeping is 'natural' for anyone when they begin :p

You shouldn't need to lift of your hand though, and it's all about practice.
I have to lift my hand if the notes on the G string isn't palm muted though, otherwise i'd be playing both strings palm muted instead of just the 1. (I think the D string notes are all PM'd, sounds like that to me on the actual song , people always forget to include PM's in tabs) Anyways that's what I mean... and yeah practise, workin on that lol.

E-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
B-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
G------7---10---7---8--7--5--7--|------7---10---7---8--7-8-7------|
D--0----8----8---8-------------|--0-8---8----8---8----------10--8-|
A-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
E-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|

:erk:

If these two played in the eighties with Yngwie and Racer X, they wouldn't have a job. But it's nice for a good laugh. The right guys alt/sweep picking is as "unawesome" as it gets. One of them has the highest endorsment you can't get from Ibanez aswell.

Last edited by a moderator: