Guitar Player's Thread

don't know how many of you heard of it but looks like Ibanez is not the only one to release 8 strings guitars

octavia.jpg

for more details:
http://www.haloguitars.com/octavia.html
and this one even has a tremolo, i would love to try one :D

Jackson Randy Rhoads....if it wasn't for Randy Rhoads then the RR shape wouldn't exist and Alexi Laiho would have a very different guitar.

I actually started playing after hearing Randy Rhoades when with Ozzy. He is a bit overated but he is not gay or bad at guitar.

To answer Kattana's question, I actually like Jake E. Lee more than I do Randy now. Listen to some of his stuff with Badlands and you'll see. I actually fuckin' hate Zakk Wylde though, talk about overated. He has been playing the same pentatonic wah pedal solo his whole career. BLS is pretty shit in my opinion. Actually, that's probably not even an opinion :lol:

To answer Kattana's question, I actually like Jake E. Lee more than I do Randy now. Listen to some of his stuff with Badlands and you'll see. I actually fuckin' hate Zakk Wylde though, talk about overated. He has been playing the same pentatonic wah pedal solo his whole career. BLS is pretty shit in my opinion. Actually, that's probably not even an opinion :lol:

People who like Zakk also seem to like Dimebag and this Rich Ward guy i keep hearing about in the same context. They all suck equally.

People who like Zakk also seem to like Dimebag and this Rich Ward guy i keep hearing about in the same context. They all suck equally.

Dime was alright. He had some good stuff but this Richard Ward guy is a joke. He's a Zakk Wylde knock off and who wants to be that :lol:

Erm, you know what the RR in "Jackons RR" stands for right? :lol:

I wouldn't give a shit if the guitar was named after a guy that had sex with 4 year olds, cut their stomachs open and then killed himself after he was caught jerking off in one, I still think Randy is gay.

:)

Although I am just basing that on the OTT reactions to his solo in Crazy Train, which isn't even that good. I could look more into his better works but I probably wouldn't like him enough to listen to him frequently.

Dragonforce is filled with too much pretentious bullshit as far as lyrics. Pixies, dragons goblins etc. At least Amon Amarth sings about semi-real shit, plus are total badasses