Guitar Player's Thread

What was the setlist like? im seeing them on the 11th

No fuckin' idea :lol: I was there for Symphony X as the only album of DT I own and slightly enjoy is Systematic chaos, so all I can tell you is that they opened with 'Constant Motion', then played a load of fuck off long songs, and then there was 'The Dark Eternal Night'.

No fuckin' idea :lol: I was there for Symphony X as the only album of DT I own and slightly enjoy is Systematic chaos, so all I can tell you is that they opened with 'Constant Motion', then played a load of fuck off long songs, and then there was 'The Dark Eternal Night'.

i dno, never really got into DT that much. The Glass Prison is really the only song I can pick out :heh:

but I seriously think John Myung is one of the best bassists out there today.

I think if DT got a different vocalist then they could be great, James LaBrie is possiblbley the worst live singer I have ever heard.

he has had vocal chord problems since the Awake tour when he got really bad food poisoning, and all the vomiting did serious damage. It is only starting to get better, so will his voice.

I think if DT got a different vocalist then they could be great, James LaBrie is possiblbley the worst live singer I have ever heard.

i actually liked him a bit on the gigantour dvd clip. course it was probably overprocessed etc., and i forget if that dvd was dubbed.

Hey guys&girls I got a question, why does scythes of bodom and some other sites say Alexi uses DR Hi-Beam 11-50? The package of the Hi-Beams is a different colour then you see he uses on the CRY dvd and on the studio pics and the DR commercial.
Hi-Beam 11-50:
213va%2B4VN3L._AA250_.jpg

Tite-Fit 11-50:
dr_titefit.gif

Was just something I was wondering about ;)

i dno, never really got into DT that much. The Glass Prison is really the only song I can pick out :heh:

but I seriously think John Myung is one of the best bassists out there today.
you should.

check: images and words, change of seasons, falling in to infinity, 6 degrees of inner turbulence CD2!,octavarium, sense from a memory, and both of the liquid tension experiment CDs.
John myung indeed one hell of a bad ass bassist,live and in studio fucking precise :worship:

Out of the prog metal bands Symphony X has to be my favourite (which is why I went to a DT show to see them). But DT did really really impress me, I like Systematic Chaos, and a lot of their older instrumental songs. But I just despise LaBrie's voice, it sounds okay on Systematic Chaos, but on the older albums it sounds horrible :erk:

Symphony X is pretty much the only prog band I both like and listen to :lol: For some reason, I just can't get into DT at all, altough I may try once more with those recommendations Ruins so thanks for those.
I can't stand DT... I tried to, but I can't hear anything by them... no.

Anyone else think the tone of Paul's SG in this is just delicious?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...81&start=70&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
Oh wow... I've got to finish watching it, but till now... just wow, yeah.

Is it just me or has PG seemed to have developed a liking for older style 22 fret guitars now? And yeah, although Im not a fan SGs that sounds really nice.