Guitar Player's Thread

By the way, (Sorry for the double postage but) someone has a Korg PXR4 for $175 in Montreal.. I could probably bargain it down to 150. Should I get it?

By the way, (Sorry for the double postage but) someone has a Korg PXR4 for $175 in Montreal.. I could probably bargain it down to 150. Should I get it?

Did you listen the the Vai clip Warheart posted? Appearently he used the PXR4 on that song, so i would deffinetly go for it.

So i actually came up with something to continue the riff i was working on some time ago, the mix isn't that good, i just made it quick to see how it would sound in context. For those that didn't listen to the riff i posted some time ago (which is pretty much everyone but Altitudes and Mystique :lol: ) i added the synth-ee part at the end, and also a sucky bass line. So feedback would be awesome.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=731E69570EC65DA9

I had listened and commented on it :Smug:. I really like it, and the bass is cool too. I look forward to hearing it in a full song :).

Oh that's right, i knew it was someone else, i just couldn't remember :ill: Sorry about that, and thanks for the comment.

So i actually came up with something to continue the riff i was working on some time ago, the mix isn't that good, i just made it quick to see how it would sound in context. For those that didn't listen to the riff i posted some time ago (which is pretty much everyone but Altitudes and Mystique :lol: ) i added the synth-ee part at the end, and also a sucky bass line. So feedback would be awesome.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=731E69570EC65DA9

I really like it. the synth at the end works well (but maybe you should decrease it's volume and increase the guitars a bit at that part, unless you want the synth to kinda overtake the guitars at that moment).

btw, how did you make the BT for this? did you just write it out on gp and then transferred it into FL? (the bass and drums sound good).

edit: I just listened with my headphones on this time, and the balance between the guitars and synth seems fine :D

I really like it. the synth at the end works well (but maybe you should decrease it's volume and increase the guitars a bit at that part, unless you want the synth to kinda overtake the guitars at that moment).

btw, how did you make the BT for this? did you just write it out on gp and then transferred it into FL? (the bass and drums sound good).

edit: I just listened with my headphones on this time, and the balance between the guitars and synth seems fine :D

You're right, the synth is a bit overpowering, but as you said, i just exported everything from GP -> FL -> CEP so i couldn't change the volume of just the synths, and i just wanted to see how it worked.

I've been working alot on getting a good guitar tone with the pod, and i'm satisfied with this one, but i haven't really done any mixing stuff, so it doesn't sound as good as it could.