Guitar Player's Thread

I know I shouldn't but i'm really bad for missing revision and work(one time thing) for guitar, for me it comes first :lol: I mean somehow I've managed to fluke my way through GCSE's and AS' with minor revision. Thing is it's myself being injury prone that stops me playing.

Lol! Check out the Mutiny video called "The YouTube riff" (its in related). That's the bassist/vocalist (ex?) playing the Ibanez :lol: Multitasking overload.

wtf?this guy is the vocalist?that makes me feel so bad,:lol:.a vocalist that plays guitar better than any guitaristI know(in person) and of course better than me,:lol:it's not the fact that he plays good,but the fact that he plays guitar great but HE'S SINGING??:erk:

Sorry for the double post, but i just got an e-mail from Conrad Simon ( :D ) I asked him what amp/mic he was using on "Wrath of Con" and i got this.

Hey there!

Thanks for dropping by, its always nice to correspond with fellow guitar players from around the globe. And yes, Paul Gilbert was a big influence on me too, I remember when I first heard him with racer x, I couldn’t believe how fast, clean, and aggressive his playing was. Street lethal is still one of the bestall-time shred guitar albums around.

About my sound: All the songs from The Wrath of Con were recorded on different dates within a 6 year period, but the method has always been similar though. I recorded all the songs direct with a really old Turbo Rat pedal along with a Boss overdrive pedal, no amp; except for the tiny little mixer I used to EQ my sound! The guitar I used on all the songs is a cheap left-handed Yamaha Pacifica which goes for about $300.00 Canadian.

About a week ago I was in a music store shooting avideo and I decided to try some of their amps just to see what’s available. I went through a few Marshalls and a few different Laneys but was not impressed a tall. I mean those amps sounded pretty good, but it’snot the sound I was looking for. One of the clerkssuggested I plug into this small 75 watt line 6 amplifier; I was completely blown away from the tones I was hearing. I’ve played through some heavy ampsbefore but this amp was heavy, chunky, and above all,really clear; even with the enormous gain on it. I placed a sure 57 in front of the speaker and shot the entire video with the line 6 spider III.

I’m actually going to send line 6 the video and hope to land an endorsement with them; even if it’s just for the spider III family. I want to record my new material with that amp.
I hope this information helps

Take care and thanks for inquiring

Conrad

Awesome!

Okay, here's a few pics of todays experience.

01. The RR without a pickup, a bridge and strings:
8c3011j.jpg

02. The EMG H3 pickup that I pulled out of the RR:
7wp3hh4.jpg

03. A closer shot of that same pickup:
6x6qgq9.jpg

04. The J-50 BC pickup from the back with the cover removed:
8e1pyxg.jpg

05. The J-50 BC pickup from the front with the cover removed:
72u46ld.jpg

06. All done. The J-50 BC in the RR:
7xaivxu.jpg

Soundclip:
Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper - 01 - Follow The Reaper

Hey there!

Thanks for dropping by, its always nice to correspond with fellow guitar players from around the globe. And yes, Paul Gilbert was a big influence on me too, I remember when I first heard him with racer x, I couldn’t believe how fast, clean, and aggressive his playing was. Street lethal is still one of the bestall-time shred guitar albums around.

About my sound: All the songs from The Wrath of Con were recorded on different dates within a 6 year period, but the method has always been similar though. I recorded all the songs direct with a really old Turbo Rat pedal along with a Boss overdrive pedal, no amp; except for the tiny little mixer I used to EQ my sound! The guitar I used on all the songs is a cheap left-handed Yamaha Pacifica which goes for about $300.00 Canadian.

About a week ago I was in a music store shooting avideo and I decided to try some of their amps just to see what’s available. I went through a few Marshalls and a few different Laneys but was not impressed a tall. I mean those amps sounded pretty good, but it’snot the sound I was looking for. One of the clerkssuggested I plug into this small 75 watt line 6 amplifier; I was completely blown away from the tones I was hearing. I’ve played through some heavy ampsbefore but this amp was heavy, chunky, and above all,really clear; even with the enormous gain on it. I placed a sure 57 in front of the speaker and shot the entire video with the line 6 spider III.

I’m actually going to send line 6 the video and hope to land an endorsement with them; even if it’s just for the spider III family. I want to record my new material with that amp.
I hope this information helps

Take care and thanks for inquiring

Seems like a nice guy. I bet he will get that endorsement :lol:

I approve! :kickass:

The pictures of the RR with the PUps aren't there :(.

I don't understand what you mean exactly. All the pics I posted are all there and working.

your guitar looks so clean. haha. do you take your floyd apart when you clean it?
What did you use to record that follow the reaper track?

Well I've only had it for like a month so there's no reason for it to be "dirty". I tend to wipe it alot with a cloth to get rid of smears and I don't usually take anything apart, it's just that I wanted to do this so I removed it.

I used a Korg PX4 plugged straight into the pc to record that.

Check it.

See how I spent a good chunk of my Sunday evening.

It's Booooogie Time :lol:

Matias Kupiainen - Boogie Time

Funny how it doesn't seem nearly as impressive once you've "cracked the code" and tabbed something out. :) The guy is still a great player though - keyboardist is at the top of his game too.

Check it.

See how I spent a good chunk of my Sunday evening.

It's Booooogie Time :lol:

Matias Kupiainen - Boogie Time

Funny how it doesn't seem nearly as impressive once you've "cracked the code" and tabbed something out. :) The guy is still a great player though - keyboardist is at the top of his game too.

HOLY SHIT!!! I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I've gave a crack at it but you pwned me! Nicely fuckin' done Ben!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Really? I didn't see your crack :lol:

I'd like to move onto the second song and figure out those crazy alternate picking arpeggios. But I feel I have to finish this one first.

I posted my feeble attempt in the Tab Thread :lol: Dude, could you please do more? There are a few sections I would love to learn! You would be doing me a favor! :headbang:

You play guitar and keyboard, right? Anything else?

What are the correct pick strokes in order to land on the first down beat following the arpeggio, like this...

Code:
v      v  v  v  d  v    d  v  d       
-14p11----------------‖------------------------------------
-------12-------------‖-------------------------------- etc.
----------11----------‖---------------------11-13-14-------
-------------13-------‖-----------11-13-14-----------------
----------------14-12-‖-11-12-14---------------------------
----------------------‖------------------------------------

...the way I play it I land on an upstroke on the first beat. Any suggestions?

v------v--v--v--d--v---d--v--d--v--d--v--d--v--d--v ---
14p11----------------‖------------------------------------
-------12-------------‖-------------------------------- etc.
----------11----------‖---------------------11-13-14-------
-------------13-------‖-----------11-13-14-----------------
----------------14-12-‖-11-12-14---------------------------
----------------------‖------------------------------------

I'd pretty much start with an upstroke just like how it says, then follow the rest with alternate picking.:kickass: