Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah right, those are sixteenth notes played at 150 bpm :lol: My main question is whether I should play an up or down stroke on the B (14th fret, A string).

I should really get going to school or I'll be late so I don't know why I'm doing this :lol: But I just had a go at it now, I downstroke the 14th fret, pull off for 11 and then upstroke on that next 12th fret note. If thats what you mean.

Well that is the only way for it to land on a down-stroke for the next bar. I guess I need to break the habit. It is times like these a teacher would be of useful assistance

Postjump, I don't think you understand what I am asking Swabs (Josh?). Or maybe it is the other way around? :lol:

I find that downstroking the B on the (14th fret A string) gives a more solid rythmn too it. Upstroking it doesn't feel as good sounding nor does it feel easier to play even though it's a slight difference. Anyways, downstroking that note is what i'd do.

I find that downstroking the B on the (14th fret A string) gives a more solid rythmn too it. Upstroking it doesn't feel as good sounding nor does it feel easier to play even though it's a slight difference. Anyways, downstroking that note is what i'd do.

Yeah, I know. I was playing it slowly and realized something was off, I played an upstroke on a down beat! Only Paul Gilbert can adapt to such thing! :lol: I guess it is something I need to work on *shrugs*

question: how many ppl here do bends with their pinkys? (if any, cuz i don't think i've ever seen a guitar player do that) oh, and i mean ONLY the pinky. like no other fingers supporting the string being bent.

question: how many ppl here do bends with their pinkys? (if any, cuz i don't think i've ever seen a guitar player do that) oh, and i mean ONLY the pinky. like no other fingers supporting the string being bent.

No one in the right mind would do that. Unless your all your other fingers were busy fretting other notes at the same time on some other strings.

HOLY SHIT!!! I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I've gave a crack at it but you pwned me! Nicely fuckin' done Ben!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Fuckin' incredible man!!! :worship: I bet Altitudes had to change his pants! :lol:

Yeah right, those are sixteenth notes played at 150 bpm :lol: My main question is whether I should play an up or down stroke on the B (14th fret, A string).

Upstroke, and then a pull off.

Never. If I bend with my pinky, all my other fingers are supporting.

ok...i thought so....all this time, when i need to bend with my pinky, i do it with only that, no supporting fingers. it just doesn't feel right for some reason, but i guess i'll have to get used to supporting.

upstroke on the A string then a pull off, that'd be kind of messed up.

No it wouldn't, it's how I do 2 notes on one string in the middle of sweeps and so did Jason Becker.

8aut4ie.jpg

There are 5 notes on the tab that I just posted too, it's exactly the same. I'm just saying that instead of alternate picking that part, I would use legato. I'm not saying that's how it should be done, I was just giving my opinion. I'm going to go try it now and re-post again to report how I get on with both ways.

^Hey mitch! I liked your FtR recording :p Btw what do you record with? The Korg? What model was it? I remember this discussion but i gotta ask again coz im too lazy to search it up. I liked your tone but it was a BIT thin:kickass: