Guitar Player's Thread

Valveking 2x12? Used ENGL's? Randall RH50T?:lol: Im sorry but did u say stack? With 700$ Thats pushing it. Don't get the spider 3. Vetta are good what ive heard and flextone is supposed to be allright too.

Meh, I'm looking to buy a stack aswell now. Found something quite good for around £320 (about $660 USD). A Laney LX-120H head with a Laney LX412A Cab. It's hardly top of the line equipment. But it's a helluva lot better (100watts better) than a Roland fucking Cube :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried that head and cab in store with an LTD MH400-NT (a guitar similiar to that Washburn I should be getting soon) and it sounded pretty damn nice for that kinda money actually :rofl:

Are you saying that you can't reach the 21st fret with your pinky? Or is it just that you're not comfortable playing with all 4 fingers?

I have a 15 watt Fender and I can get a pretty good Paul Gilbert Laney tone, that tight and dry tone while palm muting. It goes to show it is how you tweak the amp and your playing technique. Better than my old Marshall. That 'hollow' Alexi tone is coming from how he palm mutes.

I've never played a Laney but they seem quite good. Not for balls out metal I don't think, but good for hard rock and, well, Paul Gilbert playing.

I STILL haven't played my ADA MP-1!!! :Smug:

Are you saying that you can't reach the 21st fret with your pinky? Or is it just that you're not comfortable playing with all 4 fingers?

The first. I can't really do it comfortably anyway. I really need another guitar but I'm a broke ass mother fucker!

Meh, I'm looking to buy a stack aswell now. Found something quite good for around £320 (about $660 USD). A Laney LX-120H head with a Laney LX412A Cab. It's hardly top of the line equipment. But it's a helluva lot better (100watts better) than a Roland fucking Cube :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried that head and cab in store with an LTD MH400-NT (a guitar similiar to that Washburn I should be getting soon) and it sounded pretty damn nice for that kinda money actually :rofl:

Yeah i know the one. They had one of those at my local music shop! They looked cool as fuck:headbang: Anyway Laney should be great for the money. Personally i hate the sound of the Roland cube :lol: Its just so fucking...Modelled:lol: Aint the LX412 cab damn good? Yeah you should really go for it. Could be kickass.

:lol: Just total'd up my list of "guitar stuff to buy"

Washburn X50 Pro FE - £379 http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74671
x50fewr1.jpg

Laney LX-120 H Head - £165 http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lx-120-h/69111
Laney.jpg

Laney LX412A Cab - £146 http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_lx412a.htm
193260.jpg

£690 in total. Not bad considering that Washburn retails at around £480 on most sites (I recommend GAK.com to UK guitar buyers, good deals on some things, overpriced on others though :p)

:lol: Just total'd up my list of "guitar stuff to buy"

Washburn X50 Pro FE - £379 http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74671
x50fewr1.jpg

Laney LX-120 H Head - £165 http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lx-120-h/69111
Laney.jpg

Laney LX412A Cab - £146 http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_lx412a.htm
193260.jpg

£690 in total. Not bad considering that Washburn retails at around £480 on most sites (I recommend GAK.com to UK guitar buyers, good deals on some things, overpriced on others though :p)

Dude...thats really good price for all that:OMG::kickass:

yeah, it looks like you should be able to do with all 4 on there. but I'd have to actually play it to be sure....like maybe your higher frets are relatively small compared to other guitars?

yeah, it looks like you should be able to do with all 4 on there. but I'd have to actually play it to be sure....like maybe your higher frets are relatively small compared to other guitars?

It's a les paul he plays, it has 22 frets and a relatively small cutaway. Not to mention a thick neck. That's the problem he's getting at

ohhh. i thought he was showing me a pic of his guitar. but, no, that's not the one i have. my gio has only 22 frets, it's one of those starter pack models... the bolt on neck makes it hard for my pinky to reach the 21st. so i'd rather just slide.

I'm fucking angry! A string broke yesterday during the practice session. I had to stop playing and had to buy new strings today. I spent the last money I had in the portemonee but when I put the strings on a few minutes ago, another damn string broke directly (I didn't even play), so no playing today again. :mad:

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but I looked forward to play guitar the whole day. Now I have nothing to do and have to buy new strings tomorrow. I wish I had never left my other electric guitar at the flat of my girlfriend.

Well that is the only way for it to land on a down-stroke for the next bar. I guess I need to break the habit. It is times like these a teacher would be of useful assistance

Postjump, I don't think you understand what I am asking Swabs (Josh?). Or maybe it is the other way around? :lol:

I agree with mitch. sweep all the way up, pull off the last note of the bar, then begin next bar on downstroke.

i think i can go up to $700

you're not getting a good stack for 700$. my advice: don't buy shit. there's a difference between investing and spending money. buying shit gear is spending money; buying quality is an investment. even if you decide to sell it, it'll depreciate a helluva lot less than shit gear.

I have a 15 watt Fender and I can get a pretty good Paul Gilbert Laney tone, that tight and dry tone while palm muting. It goes to show it is how you tweak the amp and your playing technique. Better than my old Marshall.

i maintain there is no way in hell you can tweak a behringer to sound remotely good at all :(

however, I'm a marshall groupie so...

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but I looked forward to play guitar the whole day. Now I have nothing to do and have to buy new strings tomorrow. I wish I had never left my other electric guitar at the flat of my girlfriend.

sacriligious :(

wasn't it inhe who posted some interview of (i think) conrad simon raving about the line6 spider?

@ altitudes and warheart.

You guys record any demos with any bands at all?

I haven't nah. I've never been in a serious band as a guitarist before because I've never been satisfied with the ability of the musicians around me. I always end up playing the stuff they want and it's boring.