Guitar Player's Thread

SHIT ON MY COCK, LOOK:

"One last thing that we should mention. This is something we've been working out for a couple of months and we are now proud to announce that we will be releasing a series of two instructional DVD's by melodic metal prodigy James Malone of the band ARSIS. We are extremely excited about this and James has been hard at work compiling material for these two amazing DVD's. The first DVD will be purely theory instruction by James demonstrating various aspects of advanced guitar playing and the second one will be an entire DVD teaching you how to play, from start to finish, the bands acclaimed first release "A Celebration of Guilt." The videos will be filmed at the Washburn guitar factory and will sell pretty fast. Preorders will begin in December. We'll keep you updated with progress on this as it develops."

i'd never record a cover of myself ever, just cause there are always those negative people who want it to sound exactly the same as the original. that's why i don't bother, but w/e it's all fun!:kickass:

Oh shit, mega post...

@ altitudes and warheart.

You guys record any demos with any bands at all?

I haven't nah. I've never been in a serious band as a guitarist before because I've never been satisfied with the ability of the musicians around me. I always end up playing the stuff they want and it's boring.

(not to imply I am a super terrific musician or what have you :lol:)

I agree with mitch. sweep all the way up, pull off the last note of the bar, then begin next bar on downstroke.

Even Warheart said it was friggin' awkward to play. I'll stick to the down stroke.

"One last thing that we should mention. This is something we've been working out for a couple of months and we are now proud to announce that we will be releasing a series of two instructional DVD's by melodic metal prodigy James Malone of the band ARSIS. We are extremely excited about this and James has been hard at work compiling material for these two amazing DVD's. The first DVD will be purely theory instruction by James demonstrating various aspects of advanced guitar playing and the second one will be an entire DVD teaching you how to play, from start to finish, the bands acclaimed first release "A Celebration of Guilt." The videos will be filmed at the Washburn guitar factory and will sell pretty fast. Preorders will begin in December. We'll keep you updated with progress on this as it develops."

Arsis is sick! I would love to get a copy :headbang:

write a demo's worth of songs and record your own demo. you don't need a band to do it.:kickass:

That is like having sex by yourself, not nearly as great.

I did another Wintersun cover, of Beyond The Dark Sun... did vocals aswell (will probably re-do them though) Didn't turn out too bad i think.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vbychi

Pretty good. Don't want to sound like a bitch but the vocals need work. At some points in the intro it seemed you fell behind the beat.

Yeah, maybe i was trying to 'talk' them too low, lol. Thanks though... it was a pretty quick job so it's a little rough.

Altitudes: I'm no vocalist, but i tried anyway... cause i think it's better than just doing an instrumental cover, and yeah i'll fix the intro :p

Altitudes: I'm no vocalist, but i tried anyway... cause i think it's better than just doing an instrumental cover, and yeah i'll fix the intro :p

Either am I. Better than I could do :lol: And I agree it is better than an all instrumental. Going to tackle Winter Madness next? :heh:

Well, i've done Sleeping Stars - with another guy doing the harsh vocals, much better at getting close to Jari... but i did that quite a while ago.

You're not actually screaming, that's why it sounds bad. You're just "scowling" a very hard pushed breath. There's no power behind it because it's coming from the throat instead of the stomach.

haha, that voice is put on... i don't actually sound like that :p Have you heard the demo version of BTDS? Jari tries to sing it like treebeard.

What's that?

A very infamous 1 man band. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burzum

I would like to hear some of your recordings. Are they all in process or have you completed any songs?

I've already recorded 3 demos. When i made the first two i didn't have a band at the time. I got a band (still can't find a keyboardist) when i started on the 3rd, even though i haven't sent out the 3rd to any record companies yet. I'm currently working on our 4th demo which is the first to feature neo-classical elements in every song on the demo. Every demo i made has 5 songs each, one of them on each having an intro instrumental song.:kickass: