Guitar Player's Thread

not really, some times (like warheart said as well) there are no good musicians around, technically, musicianship, availability.
very often it happen to me that i simply like many others said "FUCK IT! I AM DOING IT ALL ALONE." because i am able to do so anyway...

though there is another alternative. internet band...
but again not always all the people that you would like to work have what i mentioned before.

I know what you mean.

In other news, I'm going to jam with a guitarist this weekend who I hear is very skilled (8 years experience). He listens to the metal bands and has similar influences. Everyone else I know are mediocre blues/soft rock guitarists. Hopefully we can get a project going :headbang:

A few cool pix that I took screenshots of. The first one is a cool angle of the WildChild RR and the other 2 are shots of the nicest guitar ever created.

vlcsnap125188so6.png

vlcsnap127382zb4.png

vlcsnap127863hw8.png

I think it's a good idea to write full songs if you are not in a band, so when you do get a band together you'll already have songs you can start rehearsing. I find that this saves an extreme amount of time. I know it has for me!:kickass:

When i say "write songs" i literallly mean everything (including basslines, guitar soloes, vocal melodies, lyrics, and drumlines. possibly keyboard parts too):headbang:

holy shit. do u re-arrange it or make slight changes when your together?

I almost never re-arrange any of the parts of my songs after I have written it. But on rare occassion i might edit one my songs if i think it can sound better. Other than that, all my band mates play the parts i write for them, even though they can kind of add their own style to it without straying too far from what i originally wrote for their part.

I almost never re-arrange any of the parts of my songs after I have written it. But on rare occassion i might edit one my songs if i think it can sound better. Other than that, all my band mates play the parts i write for them, even though they can kind of add their own style to it without straying too far from what i originally wrote for their part.

cool. i sometimes find it easier to write with someone else. we sort of feed of each others ideas if you know what i mean

cool. i sometimes find it easier to write with someone else. we sort of feed of each others ideas if you know what i mean

Yeah i know what you mean, but I find it easier for myself if i write by myself. :kickass:This is mainly because i write almost all my songs on scores and manuscripts before i even play a note of it on my guitar. I also write neo-classical metal and no one that i've ever collaborated with in song writing can even contribute a riff or melody that sounds neo-classical enough to fit the songs i write. (or even write something that is in key!:lol:)

Yeah i know what you mean, but I find it easier for myself if i write by myself. :kickass:This is mainly because i write almost all my songs on scores and manuscripts before i even play a note of it on my guitar. I also write neo-classical metal and no one that i've ever collaborated with in song writing can even contribute a riff or melody that sounds neo-classical enough to fit the songs i write. (or even write something that is in key!:lol:)

really holy mofukinoly. im doin music this year and next (im thinking of doing a degree in music) and writing music normally is a fukin pain (im used to tab lol). its amazin u can write without playin a note though. i know what yough mean by neoclassical i always think ill write a piece but i can neva get a good riff for it. have you any recorded songs?

have you any recorded songs?

Yeah, i recorded 3 full demos and i'm currently working on my 4th with my band. I'm almost done it, and i'm already starting to write songs for the 5th demo incase we still don't get signed. lol, we haven't even sent out the 3rd demo actually, cause i want a keyboardist to be in the line-up before we send it. Unfortunately we have yet to find a very skilled keyboardist.