Guitar Player's Thread

really holy mofukinoly. im doin music this year and next (im thinking of doing a degree in music) and writing music normally is a fukin pain (im used to tab lol). its amazin u can write without playin a note though. i know what yough mean by neoclassical i always think ill write a piece but i can neva get a good riff for it. have you any recorded songs?

*sigh*

learn your theory etc etc...

Anyways songwritingwise, i plan on doing what CoB couldn't do. Constantly come up with neo-classical songs without losing originality.

:lol:

Do you think Alexi "couldn't" write it anymore? You can never say how you're going to feel in the future.

:lol:

Do you think Alexi "couldn't" write it anymore? You can never say how you're going to feel in the future.

OK let me rephrase that. I'm gonna do what CoB probably won't do.:kickass:

and I were to write songs with a different style, I'd have under a different band name anyways cause it'd be pretty lousy to change away from something great.

dude you said enough! its time to show off what you've got.

there is no point in teasing us!

OK let me rephrase that. I'm gonna do what CoB probably won't do.:kickass:

and I were to write songs with a different style, I'd have under a different band name anyways cause it'd be pretty lousy to change away from something great.

You cant write/play something you dont even want to or dont get inspired of it. CoB wanted to make a album like AYDY? and they did it. Why be something you are not comfortable to be at the moment? Every band changes and you will too trust me. Don't be so big on yourself since the future might prove you wrong still...You don't score until you score:lol: Yes and about CoB changing. Life and music too all is about being yourself and having fun. If you are better than good ol' CoB then proove it! Post some songs! Anything will do as long as it is proof.

^+1. postjump

It looks weird that you come in, claiming you wrote songs which are as good as the golden CoB era, and then don't have something to show.

And I really don't want to sound offending or extremely self-confident, but writing music without a guitar at hand is not that hard (edit: for players who are not too lazy to learn damn theory). The basic point is that you have to know how chords and intervals sound and work. It's not a problem for me to sing a major/minor third or other intervals within one octave.

But I absolutely agree with the fact, that good songs/riffs have to be developped in the brain before playing them on guitar. And I hope that you show us some songs, I look forward to hear them!

You cant write/play something you dont even want to or dont get inspired of it. CoB wanted to make a album like AYDY? and they did it. Why be something you are not comfortable to be at the moment? Every band changes and you will too trust me. Don't be so big on yourself since the future might prove you wrong still...You don't score until you score:lol:

The stuff I write, i like playing. Also, my songwriting has changed a lot over the years. When i first started out i wrote nothing but songs that sounded like Iron Maiden and Metallica. Over time it went on many other different things. The songs i wrote actually slightely changed style by each demo. I'm not trying to say what I write is actually amazing or not either. I just do what I do.

^+1. postjump

It looks weird that you come in, claiming you wrote songs which are as good as the golden CoB era, and then don't have something to show.

I never said they were as good as the CoB golden era. As a matter of fact, it doesn't really sound like Old bodom at all. The only similarity is the fact that it's neo-classical.:kickass:

To me he sounds like a pathological liar, i used to know one, they are quite fun though :lol: But i hope i'm wrong, because i guess it isn't fun for the person actually being one.

^^ I see Chris as greatest of those by overall playing skills. Jeff is good player I think, and haven't heard much stuff from John, but I think he makes pretty good music.

^^ I see Chris as greatest of those by overall playing skills. Jeff is good player I think, and haven't heard much stuff from John, but I think he makes pretty good music.
do your self a favor and listen to Dream theater and Liquid Tension project CDs!

Well i'm very damn sure i'll be able to do it, concidering the how well the 1st demo turned out. Anyways songwritingwise, i plan on doing what CoB couldn't do. Constantly come up with neo-classical songs without losing originality. So far, it's turning out great too!:kickass: Even though the songs i write doesn't really sound like CoB. I would describe more like a big mix of Late Nightwish, Early CoB, and Wintersun or something. It has clean vocals and death metal vocals. (Don't get the wrong idea, it's nothing like metalcore. I don't like vocals in metalcore, lol.)

the entertainment business is the hardest to make money in so good luck dude.

i would also like to hear some of your songs.

^^^ lol thats what im doing. by the way u have 666 posts ,,/

hahaha that i do! but somehow i lost a post between when i looked last night and just now.

666postsFTW.jpg

:kickass: FTW!

cool. i sometimes find it easier to write with someone else. we sort of feed of each others ideas if you know what i mean

I'm too much of a fascist to allow hunt and peck "ear writing" though :(

I never said they were as good as the CoB golden era. As a matter of fact, it doesn't really sound like Old bodom at all. The only similarity is the fact that it's neo-classical.:kickass:

bragging over the internet is kind of super :lol: dude.

so top 3 guitarists in my mind first John Pertucci, Jeff Loomis, Chris Broderick, any comments

between the three you listed,Chris ftw a thousand times,but have you heard of some guys called Steve Vai,Joe Satriani or Paul Gilbert for example?if you haven't you should,and maybe your list will change then.oh,and I don't remember the name of Wintersun's multitalented frontman,but you should give it a go,he's fucking amazing.:kickass::kickass: