Guitar Player's Thread

lol not many keyboardists. is there anywhere i can find your songs or samples (like myspace)

Nope, i don't put any of the songs on the internet. The main reason for this is because I don't like the recording quality (not saying it's horrible). I want it to sound absolutely perrrrrrfect. Unfortunately, i don't have a lot money to get any very good recording equipment or rent a high end studio cause of personal issues with some bullsh*t. The only people that i let hear my band's demos are some friends and record companies.:kickass:

I'm also a bit paranoid of people stealing my songs too.:Smug:

Writing songs is a lot like guitar and singing. You gotta practise a lot before you get any good. Meaning you got a write a shitload of songs before you even come up with something decent.:kickass:

hmmmm i,ve only written one song that i'm proud of on gp5 but its an instrumental piece. pretty soft
its not fully finished yet though

Brilliant! I'll be at the Birmingham one :) Thanks man.

I'm thinking of selling my Marshall AVT275x + footswitch. Pretty cool amp with fantastic tone, just don't feel the need for 150watts anymore though. PM me if anyones interested and we can talk deals.

Aint AVT the worst amp from marshall after MG?:erk:

This is mainly because i write almost all my songs on scores and manuscripts before i even play a note of it on my guitar.

are you serious? that's like Mozart status, lol. I mean serious composers write like that you know? So how many years have you been studying music? How old are you?

(sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I'm really curious :p and dammit, I wish you had some recording online, I wanna hear some of your songs!)

are you serious? that's like Mozart status, lol. I mean serious composers write like that you know? So how many years have you been studying music? How old are you?

(sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I'm really curious :p and dammit, I wish you had some recording online, I wanna hear some of your songs!)

Well if you really wanna know, i've been playing music as long as i can remember. my first instrument was a xylophone or flute. i don't remember which one i played first. I started studying music theory when i was in grade 5, but i wasn't very serious at the time. When i was in about grade 10 i started to realize that i could do some really cool shit with music theory, so i put all my focus into music from that point on with no regard to school, lol. I wrote songs over and over and over (at one point i wrote 1 song per day).

I have a huge library of songs, song ideas, melodies, and progressions that i have on my "songwriting/recording computer". I started making my first demo by the time i was 17 but i kind of sucked at singing at the time so i didn't finish the demo until i was confident enough of my singing. I sent out that demo and I had some responses, but since I didn't have a band at all at the time, that kind of left me out in the dust. I made a 2nd demo but i still didn't have a band at the time so i didn't send it out. As of recently i've finally got a band that's actually professional except we are still missing a friggin' keyboardist.... While we've been looking for a keyboardist, I've been recording a lot.

I made the 3rd demo for my band last month (i recorded it in less than 2 weeks:zombie:). I'm not planning on sending it out until we have a full line-up though. So while we've been rehearsing and searching for a keyboardist, i've been recording our 4th demo even though we haven't even sent out the 3rd! I'm almost done the 4th (probably be done this weekend) and i've started writing new songs for the 5th (just incase).

I've been working on music non-stop, it's all i ever do. Study music, write music, sing, practise guitar, and record.

I dont know how experienced Chairman Kaga is but he sure as hell likes the ":kickass:" Lollage:lol:

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I have a huge library of songs, song ideas, melodies, and progressions that i have on my "songwriting/recording computer".

Same thing here, except I know, play and study music for 3 years now, insteand of 10 or I don't know how much. The last 2 musical years were more done with Guitar Pro, I think I got like 5 different CDs in MIDI :lol: But now I'm focusing in recording.

I'm actually working on my songs all alone, I just find that boring to try to create a band even if I know that the results would be better than what I'm doing now because I'm not really a good singer so I need to work a lot to get what I need for my song - I've started to be interested into singing for like 3 month or so and even if I can actually play other instruments than Keyboards, I sometimes need a lot of practice before reaching what I got in mind for Guitars or drums or whatever. But anyway I'm doing it just for my own fun and don't really care if other people like what I do or not so I'm just recording and recording and recording.

so you're not going to a university or anything? Just gonna wing it in the music biz?

Well i'm very damn sure i'll be able to do it, concidering the how well the 1st demo turned out. Anyways songwritingwise, i plan on doing what CoB couldn't do. Constantly come up with neo-classical songs without losing originality. So far, it's turning out great too!:kickass: Even though the songs i write doesn't really sound like CoB. I would describe more like a big mix of Late Nightwish, Early CoB, and Wintersun or something. It has clean vocals and death metal vocals. (Don't get the wrong idea, it's nothing like metalcore. I don't like vocals in metalcore, lol.)

yeah man, good luck. the music biz, meaning record labels and all, has been falling apart for a while now. you don't even really need to sign with a label. all the money is in touring now, but i guess you still gotta have album sales for exposure...altho the internet would help you greatly with exposure (if you'd just put your songs up!).

yeah man, good luck. the music biz, meaning record labels and all, has been falling apart for a while now. you don't even really need to sign with a label. all the money is in touring now, but i guess you still gotta have album sales for exposure...altho the internet would help you greatly with exposure (if you'd just put your songs up!).

I'll eventually at one point put all my songs up once i can get my hands on a damn good studio!:kickass:

^dude, it doesn't matter good studio or bad studio, upload it on internet now!
make my space! you wont find high quality server for free any way so there is no point in high end quality demo.
besides myspace as gay it is but it really helps to get exposed and finding contacts (for example the missing keyboarder)