Guitar Player's Thread

Even Warheart said it was friggin' awkward to play. I'll stick to the down stroke.

trust me, just practice it for like a week, it's 2821984787 times easier. just the same way I play that PG diatonic descending arps lick in the 1987 clinic mitch posted... really i promise, just try it for a bit. keeps the "sweep" conformed. Maybe give the intro to smoke and mirrors a shot; not the same technique, but hammer on the second note of the ascending major arps.

lol you sound like a fag in the talking vocals.

i like how we all jsut ignore the fact he owned the guitar parts pretty hard :Smug:. and the vocals weren't -that- bad.

lol @ redundancy

I'm not into black metal unless it is super symphonic and epic.

trust me, just practice it for like a week, it's 2821984787 times easier. just the same way I play that PG diatonic descending arps lick in the 1987 clinic mitch posted... really i promise, just try it for a bit. keeps the "sweep" conformed. Maybe give the intro to smoke and mirrors a shot; not the same technique, but hammer on the second note of the ascending major arps.

I still can imagine playing those 16th notes at 150 bpm like that. Maybe I'll just make that B note (14th, A string) an 8th note on an upstroke, skip the passing note in between, and play the next bar as normal. Ah, I love my laziness :lol:

I have a Line 6 Spider III 75.. I kind of regret buying it, but it's okay.

wasn't it inhe who posted some interview of (i think) conrad simon raving about the line6 spider?

Yeah, that's the amp he wants to record his future material on, and hoping on an endorsement.

I hate it that everyone posts in this thread while i'm gone, and when i'm actually sitting at my computer, it's pretty much dead.

For y'all english folk:

Joe Satriani will tour through UK with Paul Gilbert as opening act!

Here are the dates:

12th May - Birmingham Symphony Hall Birmingham
13th May - Newcastle City Hall Newcastle
14th May - Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Glasgow, Scotland
15th May - Manchester Apollo Manchester
17th May - Bristol Colston Hall Bristol
18th May - Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre Bournemouth
19th May - Cardiff St. David's Hall Cardiff, Wales
20th May - London Hammersmith Apollo London
21th May - Nottingham Royal Centre Nottingham (without Paul)

Brilliant! I'll be at the Birmingham one :) Thanks man.

I'm thinking of selling my Marshall AVT275x + footswitch. Pretty cool amp with fantastic tone, just don't feel the need for 150watts anymore though. PM me if anyones interested and we can talk deals.

SHIT ON MY COCK, LOOK:

"One last thing that we should mention. This is something we've been working out for a couple of months and we are now proud to announce that we will be releasing a series of two instructional DVD's by melodic metal prodigy James Malone of the band ARSIS. We are extremely excited about this and James has been hard at work compiling material for these two amazing DVD's. The first DVD will be purely theory instruction by James demonstrating various aspects of advanced guitar playing and the second one will be an entire DVD teaching you how to play, from start to finish, the bands acclaimed first release "A Celebration of Guilt." The videos will be filmed at the Washburn guitar factory and will sell pretty fast. Preorders will begin in December. We'll keep you updated with progress on this as it develops."

*changes jeans*
*reads further*
*cleans computer screen*

That is like having sex by yourself, not nearly as great.

not really, some times (like warheart said as well) there are no good musicians around, technically, musicianship, availability.
very often it happen to me that i simply like many others said "FUCK IT! I AM DOING IT ALL ALONE." because i am able to do so anyway...

though there is another alternative. internet band...
but again not always all the people that you would like to work have what i mentioned before.

not really, some times (like warheart said as well) there are no good musicians around, technically, musicianship, availability.
very often it happen to me that i simply like many others said "FUCK IT! I AM DOING IT ALL ALONE." because i am able to do so anyway...

though there is another alternative. internet band...
but again not always all the people that you would like to work have what i mentioned before.

Don't forget that you have to find musician's that want to play "your" music aswell, which is even harder.

For y'all english folk:

Joe Satriani will tour through UK with Paul Gilbert as opening act!

Here are the dates:

12th May - Birmingham Symphony Hall Birmingham
13th May - Newcastle City Hall Newcastle
14th May - Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Glasgow, Scotland
15th May - Manchester Apollo Manchester
17th May - Bristol Colston Hall Bristol
18th May - Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre Bournemouth
19th May - Cardiff St. David's Hall Cardiff, Wales
20th May - London Hammersmith Apollo London
21th May - Nottingham Royal Centre Nottingham (without Paul)

Fuck, I'm there!

*changes jeans*
*reads further*
*cleans computer screen*

Same.

Don't forget that you have to find musician's that want to play "your" music aswell, which is even harder.
i have named it with one word, musicianship.
your music, your ideas, your level, or with you, etc

well,yeah,it's not something easy,but with time....many many time:lol:I mean,it's just matter of patience and of setting not extreme conditions.you can't try to start a band and be able to play the same day you start Necrophagist and Paul Gilbert.it's almost impossible.you have to start from an intermediate leve,because if not the range of players available is ridiculous.for example when a friend of mine and I started our band we were just two guitars.then a friend of mine who already played guitar in another band said that he could do drums,and his bass player offered help,and it kinda snowballed and we ended up with full line-up(bass player singing).we wanted to do death metal but the drummer couldn't at that point and the singer had problems with some harash vocals,but on summer they worked their asses of and after the summer we had evolved from playing Slayer's The Antichrist to Decapitated's Spheres Of Madness and Death's Pull The Plug.last summer we finally put the last part when we got a ''proper singer'' as alexi says,:lol:

I don't know if I make myself clear or I sound like a dumbass,but I was just saying that with a bit of patience it's not that hard(and I don't say it because I live in a big city and when I started to search musicians appeared everywhere,my town is small).

i just started a band with this guitarist at my school. we were friends but we barely talked. i got him into bodom now he plays shit that i play (although he needs to get his chops up, but he improvin so quick). but are bassist is a maiden fan through and through so i dunno if he enjoys us playing death metal. he said he didnt want a screamer but me and the guitarist do and we know the perfect guy. the only trouble we have is finding a good drummer. only one person can ply the stuff we want to play but he likes jazz. he only plays with us on scool marked performances coz he gets a good mark.
so basically you need people you get along with and who enjoy the same music