Guitar Player's Thread

now he's saying the only similarity is the neo-classical aspect? that's not really a comparison at all. it's like saying "holy1 sh1z dR1ag0nf0rc3 Is tay Sam3 Ass vi3d0 gam3s M00sic cuZ tay s0undZ li3ks fak3"

well youg et the point. i just couldn't be bothered to find a more pertinent quote. it was more to clarifry who i was talking to than anything else

between the three you listed,Chris ftw a thousand times,but have you heard of some guys called Steve Vai,Joe Satriani or Paul Gilbert for example?if you haven't you should,and maybe your list will change then.oh,and I don't remember the name of Wintersun's multitalented frontman,but you should give it a go,he's fucking amazing.:kickass::kickass:

Jari Maenpaa.

Wat ab0ut AlExI LaIhOOooo? :headbang::headbang::headbang:

:p

between the three you listed,Chris ftw a thousand times,but have you heard of some guys called Steve Vai,Joe Satriani or Paul Gilbert for example?if you haven't you should,and maybe your list will change then.oh,and I don't remember the name of Wintersun's multitalented frontman,but you should give it a go,he's fucking amazing.:kickass::kickass:

called opinion etc etc...

maybe he's got his heroes, you've got yours.

i personally would drop MJR somewhere in the mix.

Maybe some of you know it, but I'm actually playing guitars, but I'm not a guitatist - well just enought to do rythm stuff and pop thing, I'm no good shreeder.

I don't really want or planning to be better immideatly, I'm just playing what I need to play for my songs (that doesn't imply really hard guitar stuff).

This considered, I would want to know how to actually reach a good rythm tone without buying new pickups or pedals or I don't know what that would cost me a million of bucks.
I've good the cheapest guitar ever (that's actually a... Jay Turser tat I bought for like 300 or 400$ca) and the pedal is a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, the pickups or the guitars original so I even don't know if they exist in real life lol.

I'm not dreaming I don't want to achieve a mastertone but actually I can't find anyting decent, I just want to know if you guys have so tips or advice for anything, like settings or EQ or even programs, anything.

Thanks!

I've never been satisified with distortion/overdrive pedals. An over-processed tone does sound good to my ears, not true. Do you plan mic the cabinet or record directly into the computer? Don't you have a Peavy Rockmaster preamp as well? I remember seeing it in the picture thread.

Hey Mitch, didn't you have Conrad Simon's latest album? I've been looking for it but i haven't been able to find it. Think you could upload it?

Wow, that was fast. Thanks alot! Btw, did you read the mail i received from him? Specially the part about the gear used to record that album?

^ yeah i did. i've been thinking about getting a line 6 amp for a while now, but I've heard a lot of ppl talking shit about it too. so I guess i should just go to the store and find out for myself.

sorry i'm too lazy to google now, but how much is the spider III that he's talking about?

hey warheart do you have those young guitar dvd's? if you don't do you know where i can find high quality vids of them

Maybe some of you know it, but I'm actually playing guitars, but I'm not a guitatist - well just enought to do rythm stuff and pop thing, I'm no good shreeder.

I don't really want or planning to be better immideatly, I'm just playing what I need to play for my songs (that doesn't imply really hard guitar stuff).

This considered, I would want to know how to actually reach a good rythm tone without buying new pickups or pedals or I don't know what that would cost me a million of bucks.
I've good the cheapest guitar ever (that's actually a... Jay Turser tat I bought for like 300 or 400) and the pedal is a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, the pickups or the guitars original so I even don't know if they exist in real life lol.

I'm not dreaming I don't want to achieve a mastertone but actually I can't find anyting decent, I just want to know if you guys have so tips or advice for anything, like settings or EQ or even programs, anything.

Thanks!

The metal zone is a great beginner pedal; however, you'll find when you first use it, you love it, and gradually you'll like it less and less until like me, you just hate the fucker :p.

for beginning gear, imo:

amp > guitar for making tone. I recommend the roland cube series (I own the 60, it's not so little that it -can't- hold up with a band, but also won't cost you a fortune either). try the r-fier setting.

I don't have a preamp, I have a Peavey bandit 112

peavey-bandit-112.jpg

But I'm not using it for reccording, I'm connected directly with my computer with a 4 track mixer because I'm actually reccording only the clean guitar part (cause I still haven't find any good distorted tone).

^ yeah i did. i've been thinking about getting a line 6 amp for a while now, but I've heard a lot of ppl talking shit about it too. so I guess i should just go to the store and find out for myself.

sorry i'm too lazy to google now, but how much is the spider III that he's talking about?

I have one, SpiderIII HD 75. You'll love it at first (well, in my case :p) but after 8 months, I'm kind of tired of it. It sounds.. computerized (too digital fo' me yo!)

anyone know anything (good bad etc) about the "speed kills" DVD's? I've been told speed kills 3 is really leet, and MAB's technique is super killer. just wondering if anyone really had any thoughts on it? I'm having some picking frustrations and basically looking for guidance or something i guess :p

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hb5QaCfm7bg[/ame]

excerpt from speed kills 1 (I believe...)

i was also looking into rock discipline, however i think that's more of a theory-oriented dvd. basically looking for a technical dvd at this point, i'm pretty theory-satiated and up to to my chest in theoretical studies atm so...

Neat!

anyone know anything (good bad etc) about the "speed kills" DVD's? I've been told speed kills 3 is really leet, and MAB's technique is super killer. just wondering if anyone really had any thoughts on it? I'm having some picking frustrations and basically looking for guidance or something i guess :p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hb5QaCfm7bg

excerpt from speed kills 1 (I believe...)

i was also looking into rock discipline, however i think that's more of a theory-oriented dvd. basically looking for a technical dvd at this point, i'm pretty theory-satiated and up to to my chest in theoretical studies atm so...

That part from -1.00 onward is part of Matias live performance as well! :lol: To be honest, MAB is like a guitar jock, just look at him! Stupidly fast and a huge ego. From my knowledge that dvd just shows you how to play his song, so most likely he does explain his techniques. I would say go with Rock Discipline, but I'm not to familiar with Speed Kills.