Guitar Player's Thread

HOLY SHIT! I just got it down how to use 100% wrist and a lil bit of circular picking without using elbow/other parts of arm at all and going maybe even a bit in faster speed! Now im gonna start improving this technique:kickass::kickass::kickass:

When it comes to learning alternate picking, both Paul Gilbert's intense rock 1 and MAB's Speed kills 1 are awesome. I wouldn't bother with Yngwie's hot licks, because he's the worst teacher ever :lol: MJR doesn't really show you anything special either.

yeah. I dunno i've been kind of stuck in a speed wall at around 16th's @ 160-170 bpm for a while now, and i was kind of wtf at that time :lol:

I guess it's good for people who like Petrucci. I got bored of it when i started because he only shows you exercises that sound like shite, which means you couldn't actually use them in context, where as MAB/PG do show some awesome licks are meant for more than finger exercises.

well you can really tell petrucci's got his shit together theory-wise if you listen to the end of it. however, it's not really a technical dvd past "practice slow and work up" blah blah :p.

@earthbreather: that's why i had to stop watching/reading his guitar world column :lol:. he'd show like some fucking 3 notes a string major scale and spend 10 minutes talking about how people always get screwed up on the string skip, practice the string skip, the skipping is tricky take it slow, make sure you alternate and watch for the string skip, etc etc :p. however, tbh, i think he's one of the better teachers of the bunch.

No wai, but i'll settle for it, but there's not way that mpigott is even close :lol:

I think he's trying to say why are all these guys great guitar players and only showing off their skills to show that they have skills.

(But little does he know that these guys could be in bands, actually trying to go somewhere with their guitar skills)

I was first reffering to the video you post, but it was just a general opinion, tho the video you post is still ok for me, it's still music but... welll in general, not only music, "Talent For Show" is boring me but anyway, who am I to say that. Oh and please don't use that "You don,t like that because you can't do it" arguments, it make me laugh everytime :lol:

I had in mind a real great magician, a geius of human psychology and I don't know how to describe but who can actually "read your mind" by looking at your eyes and etc who is showing is skill to the people, and his skill and talent are their just to be shown while he could do something more useful with that.

Oh and yeah I know that "So people who are just making pizza should take their time to save the world instead of making pizza?" so yeah my post and comment was really useless :lol:

Here we are, that's totally me, paradoxical and ironic :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure when you all guys say a guitarist is really good and got really good skills, it also includes his composition skills and all?

I think he's trying to say why are all these guys great guitar players and only showing off their skills to show that they have skills.

(But little does he know that these guys could be in bands, actually trying to go somewhere with their guitar skills)

I know what he was trying to say, but i didn't know if he was talking about Ozielzinho or not. He has awesome phrasing and really great control, and i love listening to him, so i don't see why that would be "showing off". It's often the mentality of people who can't play that say things like that, so i was abit shocked.

EDIT: Your posts make little sense sometimes :lol: Fast, complex music is awesome, it doesn't have to be like that always, but people who can make it sound good are awesome, you don't need to understand that.

Oh and please don't use that "You don,t like that because you can't do it" arguments, it make me laugh everytime :lol:

It's often the mentality of people who can't play that say things like that, so i was abit shocked.

Omg :lol:

Actually, in my mind, it's the opposite. Being able to do it should be a better reason to don't like it, no? I mean, if you can't, you are impress (or yes, jealous but that's stupid), if you can, you aren't impress so there's nothing left than respect. I didn't say I don't respect them, but that "Yes, they are good, and?.. what's next?"

But I really want to understand, I'm not bashing agaisnt people who like that, I just said I don't for some reasons, I would like to know why people like that now. It's not me against the shredder :lol:

Edit: And also I'm not saying "Lol it suck" or "Lol it's stupid" maybe my first post "ok, and?" was drastic, it's just my personnal feeling about a style in general as in Power Metal or Neoclassical shredding thing - and yes that's a general judgement, I'm sure you all can find me Neoclassical or whatever Guitarist or Keyboardist that's isn't just hitting the notes, but I think you can see that I'm talking of a kond of musician and musician lovers in particular.

I posted that before i saw your post, and if you read it again, you will probably understand that i wasn't refering to you as one of those. "Is often the mentality of people", as it is, no one can deny that. "That was why i was shocked", i though you actually liked music like that and could shred on keyboard aswell.

Omg :lol:

Actually, in my mind, it's the opposite. Being able to do it should be a better reason to don't like it, no? I mean, if you can't, you are impress (or yes, jealous but that's stupid), if you can, you aren't impress so there's nothing left than respect. I didn't say I don't respect them, but that "Yes, they are good, and?.. what's next?"

But I really want to understand, I'm not bashing agaisnt people who like that, I just said I don't for some reasons, I would like to know why people like that now. It's not me against the shredder :lol:

This is so stupid, if you don't like it, that's fine.

Anyway, I'm sure when you all guys say a guitarist is really good and got really good skills, it also includes his composition skills and all?
yes.
EDIT: Your posts make little sense sometimes :lol: Fast, complex music is awesome, it doesn't have to be like that always, but people who can make it sound good are awesome, you don't need to understand that.

:err: I hope that wasn't implied towards me.... I have a great appreciation for musicians who compose simple music but make it sound lovely.

Edit: I've just read all of Fetzer's edits. Yeah, that was obviously aimed at him :lol:

Ok yeah I can see you like that when it's complex, fast and technical but it needs music in it, it got to have a good structure and progression. But I was not reffering to you in particular.

I posted that before i saw your post, and if you read it again, you will probably understand that i wasn't refering to you as one of those. "Is often the mentality of people", as it is, no one can deny that. "That was why i was shocked", i though you actually liked music like that and could shred on keyboard aswell.

Ok, I said it make me laugh because of that thing I posted "I think it's the opposite". That's music I liked before because I was impress, that's why I was first got into Children Of Bodom and that's why I learned keyboard, now it's done I don't know, I do feel like it's not really impressive or... well after all it's not what I thougt. I'm actually good at the keyboards, I did learned with CoB and yes there's fast solo so I learned with that so I can shred on keyboards, but I don't know, I think I got like disillusioned "Oh well, that's only that?..."

Edit: By that I don't mean "OMG I'm a music genius" I've got problems with all that "Right Hand CoB Keyboards" if you know what I mean, I need to work a lot to catch up my two hands... disability.

This is so stupid, if you don't like it, that's fine.

Oh yeah sure, that's why I said "after all my post was useless" :lol: