Guitar Player's Thread

Ok yeah I can see you like that when it's complex, fast and technical but it needs music in it, it got to have a good structure and progression. But I was not reffering to you in particular.

Ok, I said it make me laugh because of that thing I posted "I think it's the opposite". That's music I liked before because I was impress, that's why I was first got into Children Of Bodom and that's why I learned keyboard, now it's done I don't know, I do feel like it's not really impressive or... well after all it's not what I thougt. I'm actually good at the keyboards, I did learned with CoB and yes there's fast solo so I learned with that so I can shred on keyboards, but I don't know, I think I got like disillusioned "Oh well, that's only that?..."

Edit: By that I don't mean "OMG I'm a music genius" I've got problems with all that "Right Hand CoB Keyboards" if you know what I mean, I need to work a lot to catch up my two hands... disability.

Oh yeah sure, that's why I said "after all my post was useless" :lol:

This will be the last thing i say one the subject, i promise! I'm not actually impressed by technical skills, but if one can make it sound good, then i'll enjoy listening to it. So that's why i like him.

Ok, by the way what I meant was: Ok yeah I can see you like that when it's: "complex, fast and technical but also got music in it, good structure and progression."

Anyway I'm going to bed. Thanks the discussion :D

This will be the last thing i say one the subject, i promise! I'm not actually impressed by technical skills, but if one can make it sound good, then i'll enjoy listening to it. So that's why i like him.

agreed. shredding just for the sake of shredding gets boring.

I don't like him at all, i'd have to say Ozielzinho, who is also from brazil.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W1xzs6tBfDE

:OMG:

sounds a bit like kiko lourerio (butchered name i know :p)

Omg :lol:

Actually, in my mind, it's the opposite. Being able to do it should be a better reason to don't like it, no? I mean, if you can't, you are impress (or yes, jealous but that's stupid), if you can, you aren't impress so there's nothing left than respect. I didn't say I don't respect them, but that "Yes, they are good, and?.. what's next?"

But I really want to understand, I'm not bashing agaisnt people who like that, I just said I don't for some reasons, I would like to know why people like that now. It's not me against the shredder :lol:

Edit: And also I'm not saying "Lol it suck" or "Lol it's stupid" maybe my first post "ok, and?" was drastic, it's just my personnal feeling about a style in general as in Power Metal or Neoclassical shredding thing - and yes that's a general judgement, I'm sure you all can find me Neoclassical or whatever Guitarist or Keyboardist that's isn't just hitting the notes, but I think you can see that I'm talking of a kond of musician and musician lovers in particular.

imo, that's just how people write off killer technique.

if i trained for years and years and got something so incredibly great, i'd sure as hell be impressed to see someone playing just as well as me. It's called ego, or lack thereof.

Hey guys, I'm going to buy a new guitar, but I can't choose beetwen the Green Marbleizer or RR24 (both Jacksons)

Green Marbleizer:
kingrhoads_gm.jpg

RR24 Black w/ bloodred bevels:
2913024599_xl.gif

Well, actually I think I want the Green one, but that depends totally on the price, we'll see. =)

ehrm...i believe you have heard about a guitarplayers thread? And those pictures were still posted there. No reason to make new threads for every question. 1. This is offtopic 2.Theres a thread for this already 3.you keep creating new threads all the time :p

iæd go for the RR24 because of several reasons. Price being one, but going down to details, the tremolo seems to not have a trem cavity at all, so its a one way only, and i REALLY dislike playing those

the red one is really the worst of all three

the yellow one would be great if it didnt have that stupid yellow logo, and Gold hardware instead of black